Potential New Investment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential New Investment

During tonight's match I saw a tweet from @villareport which said 'Qatari Sports Investment Group (QSI) are looking at the possibility of purchasing a second division 'sleeping giant' English club with a a 'pre-existing, strong brand' Nottingham Forest, QPR and Aston Villa are all possibilities. [le parisien}

Hopefully our location gives us an edge.
    ranger4now ranger4always RANGER4LIFE

Sleeping giant rules us out!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
      Sleeping giant rules us out!
      I know it's wishful thinking, but could be just what the doctor ordered. If NFFC and AVFC aren't willing to sell, but our owners are, we may be the only viable option...
      ranger4now ranger4always RANGER4LIFE

Comment

Even if they did take over, owners can't spend any money and that's the issue our current owners have. They want to invest but not allowed to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
          Even if they did take over, owners can't spend any money and that's the issue our current owners have. They want to invest but not allowed to do so.
          Exactly - FFP works against a club of our fan base size. We cannot generate enough revenue to make it work in our favour the way the bigger clubs do.

We already have rich owners with money they can't spend

Comment

But things will change in 18 months time, will it not?
            Last edited by Shania; 11-04-2019, 11:54 AM.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Look at the money spent by Forest's owners - are they going up ?

How much did Norwich spend on their squad ?

Money helps but it doesn't guarantee anything. Getting the right mix of players and having a manager who knows how to play them is the key.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Look at the money spent by Forest's owners - are they going up ? No.

How much did Norwich spend on their squad ? £4.91M (Market Value £29.12M) - Received £33.84M (Maddison £22.5M & Josh Murphy £10.26M)

Money helps but it doesn't guarantee anything. Getting the right mix of players and having a manager who knows how to play them is the key.
                Based on the above I would suggest that having a 30,000 seater stadium and two players to sell for over £30M and then be able to re-invest that in the squad is what gets you promoted.

Comment

They get my vote of confidence, unless they sell chickens for a living and lack the understanding that teams can get relegated from the Championship.
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                    They get my vote of confidence, unless they sell chickens for a living and lack the understanding that teams can get relegated from the Championship.
                    So it's okay if their business model focuses more on low-cost intercontinental airlines and racing teams?
                    QPR since 1993
                    WATRB since 2015
                    First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

Originally posted by peterlund.dk View Post

So it's okay if their business model focuses more on low-cost intercontinental airlines and racing teams?
                      Yeah, I mean what could possibly go wrong?
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by YoungR1 View Post

Based on the above I would suggest that having a 30,000 seater stadium and two players to sell for over £30M and then be able to re-invest that in the squad is what gets you promoted.
                        Maddison and Murphy wasn't it ? To be fair, they spent under £5m of that on improving the squad...

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Maddison and Murphy wasn't it ? To be fair, they spent under £5m of that on improving the squad...
                          Plus they sold Pritchard to Huddersfield for 11 mill and the other murphy to cardiff

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                            Blackburn are doing better than us and have some good players like Bradley Dack who is worth more than our whole team. Don't believe the hype!

Comment

No idea if there is any truth in this, but the advantage would be that the owners could get PSG to loan out players not good enough for their first team squad to QPR (where hopefully they would be good enough) whilst there is no loan fee and PSG can absorb their wages. If it were to happen this would be an option

Comment

Working...
                              X