Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grant Hall

Matthew Rose averaged 28 games a season over 10 seasons

Grant Hall has averaged about 25 games a season over 3 seasons.

Are we really going to sign him again in the summer? He's made of weaker glass than Rose was. Surely a pay as you play deal or heavily weighted to appearances. Such a talented crock and we cant afford to have players who spend more time on the physio room than on the pitch.

He is usually good when he plays. Let us keep him on reduced wages
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

He is good but not great. Could replace him quite easily for a player less injury prone. We can't afford Matt Rose type sick notes any more.

Comment

But take away this season and he has made 73 appearances in the last two seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
          But take away this season and he has made 73 appearances in the last two seasons.
          Good point.
          Now out with a groin strain rather than the knee which was the main issue. If we do sign him up I hope this isn't the start of injury build up with a succession of various niggling injuries. I think Rose went the same way, nothing particular just one injury after another.

I would still sign him but he has to recognise it has to be weighted on appearance money and bonuses. He cant become of our highest earners and only make half the games.

Comment

Sadly I wouldn’t keep him
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Might be ok like Jack Robinson was.

Personally would keep over Lynch all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                73 over three seasons from 15/16 - 17/18, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post

73 over three seasons from 15/16 - 17/18, no?
                  His wiki page says
                  15/16 - 39
                  16/17 - 34
                  17/18 - 4

Club site shows he's played 16 times this season and is now out with a groin strain so I reckon his season is cover.

Total stats 93 appearance in four seasons. And 20 for the last two, an average of 10 appearances per season for 17/18 & 18/19 - not a good return on wages!!

He's a good player when fit but a new contract needs to be heavily based on appearances.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

His wiki page says
                    15/16 - 39
                    16/17 - 34
                    17/18 - 4

Club site shows he's played 16 times this season and is now out with a groin strain so I reckon his season is cover.

Total stats 93 appearance in four seasons. And 20 for the last two, an average of 10 appearances per season for 17/18 & 18/19 - not a good return on wages!!

He's a good player when fit but a new contract needs to be heavily based on appearances.
                    Ah, so 73 appearances in his first two seasons before the injuries kicked in meaning only 20 the last two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post

Ah, so 73 appearances in his first two seasons before the injuries kicked in meaning only 20 the last two years.
                      Yup. Doesn't read well does it.

Comment

he's been unlucky our best CB when fit

Comment

No deal for him or Lynch we need to move on , I feel we could get better for less wages.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                            No deal for him or Lynch we need to move on , I feel we could get better for less wages.
                            Might be right there. Need to do some savvy recruitment in the summer and freeing up their wages may help a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Might be right there. Need to do some savvy recruitment in the summer and freeing up their wages may help a bit.
                              And good to see Manning getting a call out for a solid performance at LB. Perhaps he's one that's not quite at it for midfield but will slot into a new position if bidwell moves on. I'm sure Manning had the odd outing at LB under Olly. Perhaps one problem solved?

Comment

Working...
                              X