Michael Appleton - in talks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GARO1967 View Post
    We are properly scraping the barrel with these amazing managerial candidates.
    Why how good or bad is Appleton ??

Comment

just brought a Brentford season ticket. had enough . JN

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
        W****r

Comment

I got a Peterborough st last season after 25 years a Rs holder
          got fed up doing £100 a weekend we were at home with fuel food etc

still go but pick choose when convenient. Re Appleton not convincing either way imo

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Why how good or bad is Appleton ??
            Not good enough for us , or what we need at the moment not amazing win percentages at all....

Portsmouth - 25.5 %
            Blackpool - 16.7%
            Blackburn - 26.7
            Oxford - 45.1 %

Better at Oxford but they were League one/two and I'm sure I remember reading he spent a fortune (for them) and left the club with financial problems when he departed.

May as well give up now if he is the best we can get.....

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur01 View Post

Not good enough for us , or what we need at the moment not amazing win percentages at all....

Portsmouth - 25.5 %
              Blackpool - 16.7%
              Blackburn - 26.7
              Oxford - 45.1 %

Better at Oxford but they were League one/two and I'm sure I remember reading he spent a fortune (for them) and left the club with financial problems when he departed.

May as well give up now if he is the best we can get.....
              Shocking win percentages and for people who quote him being a good coach, then that does not make him a good manager. We need a good manager who is a top coach as well.! Gutted to see him being mentioned as he is most definitely NOT the answer for us!

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockRanger7 View Post

Shocking win percentages and for people who quote him being a good coach, then that does not make him a good manager. We need a good manager who is a top coach as well.! Gutted to see him being mentioned as he is most definitely NOT the answer for us!
                Let's hope the "in talks" was a quick phone call by Les .....that he dialled by mistake !! Maybe he was trying to call a Michelle

In talks does not mean he has had an interview so I'll take one for the team (literally) and go to church on Sunday to pray that this is a big misunderstanding !! Let's hope he has put a bet on himself to pull him into the odds !!

Comment

If we appoint Appleton then we are conceding the fight to stay in the Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    If we appoint Appleton then we are conceding the fight to stay in the Championship.
                    Load of rubbish & if that’s the case we might as well not employ anyone that’s on that list, condemning a bloke who’s allegedly had a chat that’s all, you lot are something else.

Comment

WTF: I wat him, I don't want him.
                      what reputable manager wants to come to us anyway.

I don't see a long list of good managers applying for the job.

Get real people and bring yourselves down a peg or two.

Comment

Steve Kean is available.
                        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
                          Bye bye so

Comment

Appletons head looks so skull like Bob gedolf thinking of doing a live aid record for him
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                              Appletons head looks so skull like Bob gedolf thinking of doing a live aid record for him
                              best quote about him i read on here was that he looks like an extra from schindlers list. can't remember who said it, maybe you i'm guessing!

i wouldn't be oppossed to appleton though although i think he could be risky. he's highly rated and did a good job at oxford but the other clubs he's managed have all been clubs with massive problems (similar to ours) and he did poorly in sorting them out. he did start managing at a very young age though so maybe he's picked up a trick or two and has become more experienced from his time at poorly run clubs. but he also might still be crap, thats why it could be risky.

i don't think they'd be any middle ground with appleton in terms of how well he does, it'd either be good or terrible. still, i'd take him over sherwood, davies and cotteril any day of the week

Comment

Cotterill is another Ollie wally who talks like a scarecrow too
                                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                                X