TF,Management and board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TF,Management and board

As a Rs fan for nearly 50 years I've never been more uninterested and disheartened at the current state of affairs,

Saturday for meeting summed it up in a nutshell, None of the players seem to be bothered by the fact we were 3-0 down in no time a manager that's been on the touchline the whole season thought that was the side to get a result at Norwich what has he been watching.

Now I run a successful lighting company decisions I make depend on whether staff get paid at the end of the month bonus at the end of a year. under TF ownership we have gone from stable to being in FFP a squad so inept and devoid of any quality its soul destroying. Forget the new stadium and get the basics right. if LF is picking these managers sack him but for christ sake what decisions are being made at board room level. We could off been owned by a bunch of 80 year old wives with no interest in football and they would off done a better job.

Instead of tweeting about getting behind a new stadium we need well playing walsall we won't require a 35k seater stadium. im all for long term plans but seriously if players have been told your going in June what the hell have the likes of Chair, Smyth oteh not been kept and said look go and show us what you do. So the long term plan is get rid of kids keep players that are going and have no short term plan.

These decisions smack as bang obvious to an outsider/fans, I genuinely fear that our form won't improve and league one football is getting closer game by game. I know 6 points two games etc and this post to some will become irrelevant, however the board at the club have seriously got to up there game to get any kind of investment back and stop us sliding into the abyss.

Sadly I don't think they have a good decision or plan in them.

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
    As a Rs fan for nearly 50 years I've never been more uninterested and disheartened at the current state of affairs,

Saturday for meeting summed it up in a nutshell, None of the players seem to be bothered by the fact we were 3-0 down in no time a manager that's been on the touchline the whole season thought that was the side to get a result at Norwich what has he been watching.

Now I run a successful lighting company decisions I make depend on whether staff get paid at the end of the month bonus at the end of a year. under TF ownership we have gone from stable to being in FFP a squad so inept and devoid of any quality its soul destroying. Forget the new stadium and get the basics right. if LF is picking these managers sack him but for christ sake what decisions are being made at board room level. We could off been owned by a bunch of 80 year old wives with no interest in football and they would off done a better job.

Instead of tweeting about getting behind a new stadium we need well playing walsall we won't require a 35k seater stadium. im all for long term plans but seriously if players have been told your going in June what the hell have the likes of Chair, Smyth oteh not been kept and said look go and show us what you do. So the long term plan is get rid of kids keep players that are going and have no short term plan.

These decisions smack as bang obvious to an outsider/fans, I genuinely fear that our form won't improve and league one football is getting closer game by game. I know 6 points two games etc and this post to some will become irrelevant, however the board at the club have seriously got to up there game to get any kind of investment back and stop us sliding into the abyss.

Sadly I don't think they have a good decision or plan in them.
    Totally agree
    I think maybe the players that are not having contracts renewed should be shelved and the guys on loan should never have been sent out on loan if its case with the out contract lads.
    most should have recall clauses in their loan contracts and maybe LF is waiting for a new manager to make that decision either way it need to be done sooner rather than later.
    Finding a manager in the situation that we are in will be a tough ask. Young manager who has worked with no budget his whole career is about the only option I feel.

Comment

What length of contract was S Mc on ??
      im not defending anybody but as time has proved it was stupidity to sack Holloway and pay two managers with just one running the team especially in our financial position yes I know I will be accused of hind sight probably rightly , but that's why I asked the length of S Mc contract , will we be paying for two two managers again with just one working ?? If so what a way to run a business

Comment

id assume smc was on 2 year same as ollie. but your right all we seem to is pay managers a year for being sat at home watching Jeff stelling

goes back to my point we seem to have no plan

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          What length of contract was S Mc on ??
          im not defending anybody but as time has proved it was stupidity to sack Holloway and pay two managers with just one running the team especially in our financial position yes I know I will be accused of hind sight probably rightly , but that's why I asked the length of S Mc contract , will we be paying for two two managers again with just one working ?? If so what a way to run a business
          Yep just checked he signed a two year deal ! The club couldn't afford to pay off Ollie so he was kept on wages while doing nothing , so in all likely hood S Mc will be treated the same for the next fourteen months , and at a cub under FFP restrictions what great forward thinking ,

Comment

Hearing you shaggy. Feel the same. We've had so many ups and downs over the last 30 years I've supported Rangers, and although this is bad, my feeling is we were worse off back in 2001/02 sort of time when we were down in League 1, had literally no money whatsoever and all our signings to start in League 1 were free. Everyone got really excited by a player called Doudou... that's how desperate we were. I'll never forget that day up at Sheffield Weds when Gallen scored and we beat Bristol City to promotion though as that made the previous hard seasons worth it. I feel we are heading back in that direction once again. I think that's what we need though, hopefully these owners will leave when we go down, and we'll all be in it together again. Throwing money in buckets really brought us all together last time, and we signed Danny Shittu out of it! Just trying to shed an inch of optimism on the current doom and gloom, just to show it really isn't the end of the world, or our club.

Comment

Yep just checked he signed a two year deal ! The club couldn't afford to pay off Ollie so he was kept on wages while doing nothing , so in all likely hood S Mc will be treated the same for the next fourteen months , and at a cub under FFP restrictions what great forward thinking ,
              Our board couldn't organise a kids birthday party at Mcdonalds. no doubt we will be typing the same messages this time next season. in reality we probably paid of the following managers then
              Warnock
              Hughes
              Holloway
              Smac

Comment

Our board couldn't organise a kids birthday party at Mcdonalds. no doubt we will be typing the same messages this time next season. in reality we probably paid of the following managers then
                Warnock
                Hughes
                Holloway
                Smac
                Yeah not forgetting
                Redknapp
                JFH
                You could almost believe they go it on purpose

Comment

Yeah not forgetting
                  Redknapp
                  JFH
                  You could almost believe they go it on purpose
                  I think Redknapp resigned and we got away with having to pay him from memory if not its another good decision!

Comment

Is it not a good decision to have a 35,000 seater stadium that generates revenue from other events that a decent percentage of can be ploughed back into the club ?

Comment

I think Redknapp resigned and we got away with having to pay him from memory if not its another good decision!
                      Yeah that's right he did officially resign but but it's always my thought he was forced out by the appointment of the DOF and was paid to walk away therefore avoiding a constructive dismissal case and costs

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Is it not a good decision to have a 35,000 seater stadium that generates revenue from other events that a decent percentage of can be ploughed back into the club ?
                        Im all for new stadium but were like a rudderless ship at boardroom level. Long term plans all well and good but need to be executed properly im not convinced TF and co have the mindset to see it through without cocking it up.

Comment

Yeah that's right he did officially resign but but it's always my thought he was forced out by the appointment of the DOF and was paid to walk away therefore avoiding a constructive dismissal case and costs
                          you are probably correct, If were skint why have DOF that just adds to a wage we can't really afford. DOF all well and good but his track record is hardly glowing of success

Comment

you are probably correct, If were skint why have DOF that just adds to a wage we can't really afford. DOF all well and good but his track record is hardly glowing of success
                            Make Les manager he is part of the reason we are in this mess and he has stated in the past we need to promote Youth prove that it works Les.

Show us!

Then he can really earn his money even if only for last games of this season.

Comment

Working...
                            X