Adopt the Norwich model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adopt the Norwich model

shocking at the moment but still capable of staying up. If we do adopt the model whereby you sell your three best players, raise £33m you bring in 10 foreign players mostly German at £5m and sell or loan out your
    previously poor 10. Then bring in 2-3 really promising youth players. 20 out of 24 overseas technically great players. Keep your squad to 24 max. Get a bit lucky that all starts to gel quickly and start consistent selection process and off you go and you may well win the league.
    So sell Freeman and Eze for £10-£12m and reinvest £5-£7m wisely let Lynch, Bidwell, Rangel, Cameroon, Furlong, Scowen, Smith, Cousins and others go. Build a team around Lumley, Liesener, Waslek, Hall, Luongo, Chair, Smyth, Bright, Wells, etc.

We only have 1 good player and we give them away
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Leadham View Post
      shocking at the moment but still capable of staying up. If we do adopt the model whereby you sell your three best players, raise £33m you bring in 10 foreign players mostly German at £5m and sell or loan out your
      previously poor 10. Then bring in 2-3 really promising youth players. 20 out of 24 overseas technically great players. Keep your squad to 24 max. Get a bit lucky that all starts to gel quickly and start consistent selection process and off you go and you may well win the league.
      So sell Freeman and Eze for £10-£12m and reinvest £5-£7m wisely let Lynch, Bidwell, Rangel, Cameroon, Furlong, Scowen, Smith, Cousins and others go. Build a team around Lumley, Liesener, Waslek, Hall, Luongo, Chair, Smyth, Bright, Wells, etc.
      Ha ha, pick me up off the floor! £10-£12M for Freeman and Eze? Mate, we will be lucky to get £5M for the pair! I'd personally sell Eze for a 6 pack of ale and a packer of pork scratchings at the moment the effort he puts in every game! Here lies your problem. Our 2 x so called best players...who will want to buy them? The owners will not hold out for a decent fee, look at Smithiies? Everyone was banging on about him being a £10M future England keeper...we sold him for £3M! He can't even get in a Cardiff team that are going to be relegated from the Prem!

I'd keep Rangel and Furlong, but the others yes they can do one! I'm afraid Lumley and Ingram are simply not good enough for this level, so a new keeper is required for next season. Could we loan Saints number 3 keeper for next season...Fraser Forster? Not even on the bench there now!

I like the BFG, Hall always injured...should we keep having to re-habilitate him every month? He misses more of the season than he is fit for! Luongo I'd get rid of aswell, and I've always liked Pav but after todays performance I'm starting to doubt his ability too.

Finally, I'd love our kids to come through and storm the division (prob Div 1 next season with our current form), but are they good enough to sustain a season long push at that level? Some have been found out already when loaned out and can't even make it into struggling sides first teams in this league!

I really don't know what the answers are, what with FFP restrictions and no money to spend on the squad for next season...I fear for the clubs future

Comment

One small flaw in your plan- we don’t have any players to sell......Norwich had Maddison..Pritchard...the Murphy twins...we have no players remotely near that sort of class.

Comment

Their model also includes an extra 10k fans in their stadium for every game.

Comment

Also being there yesterday they seem like a club properly connected with their fans - I know that is easier to do in a town with only one team ...but so many things going on outside the ground - stalls -giveaways from the local paper golden goal tickets - lottery etc - it felt like the fans were really part of the process-again easy to do when you are top of the league and won your last 8 games- we don’t have any of that outside our ground

Comment

We incapable of a plan never mind about keeping to a plan

Comment

Worth reading this article. Getting Stuart Webber in as Sporting Director was turning point for Norwich. Interesting points on young players, owners and having a clear plan. After they finished 14th last year and then 4 games without a win there were questions about Farke’s future ...

https://trainingground.guru/articles...f-the-canaries

Comment

Need a lot of patience,fans boo when there's a mis placed pass or we don't get our way

Comment

This is very compelling. What’s the downside? Especially as it means we can truly house clean.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                      Also being there yesterday they seem like a club properly connected with their fans - I know that is easier to do in a town with only one team ...but so many things going on outside the ground - stalls -giveaways from the local paper golden goal tickets - lottery etc - it felt like the fans were really part of the process-again easy to do when you are top of the league and won your last 8 games- we don’t have any of that outside our ground
                      Why can’t QPR do the same outside the stadium? Would make for a lot more fun, and help draw younger and family fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinel View Post
                        Worth reading this article. Getting Stuart Webber in as Sporting Director was turning point for Norwich. Interesting points on young players, owners and having a clear plan. After they finished 14th last year and then 4 games without a win there were questions about Farke’s future ...

https://trainingground.guru/articles...f-the-canaries
                        Great article! My favorite line: “You can have the best processes, the best facilities and the best players in your Academy, but if the head coach doesn’t pick them, it’s an absolute waste of time.”

Comment

The following interview with Norwich City’s Sports Director is an absolute “must watch” video for every QPR fan (and mgmt too). Also should steel our resolve in not immediately bouncing to another “name manager”.

https://youtu.be/jw5WL5AMDq0

Comment

We haven't sold a player for proper big money for donkey's years - can't see how we could suddenly do it now? Suppose you could argue Kiyan Prince and Ray Jones might have earned us £millions but they'd more likely of done a Raheem and got off for peanuts. Or maybe they would have just been ordrinary Championship,level, who knows?

Comment

Culture very important but a good manager can make a huge difference.

Remember reading an interview with Sean Dyche, came across very switched on. Set a system of play and built team around that. Players interchangeable making individuals less important. Massively overachieved whilst spending peanuts in the main.

For me we need a foreign coach with fresh ideas, not yet another journey man who has probably seen his best days and/or is just a mate of Sir Les.

Whilst our youngsters nowhere near as good as some make out we have made significant progress over the last 2-3 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X