No announcement yet.

John Eustace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Eustace has captained most teams he’s played for...suggesting he’s a leader of men and obviously a strong character..all I ask from my team is effort and commitment and hopefully good results achieved by that...Judging by the Millwall & Swansea performances the team are backing him,...I’m not sure those above him feel the same ....unfortunately..

Comment

Originally posted by Banbury View Post
      John Eustace has captained most teams he’s played for...suggesting he’s a leader of men and obviously a strong character..all I ask from my team is effort and commitment and hopefully good results achieved by that...Judging by the Millwall & Swansea performances the team are backing him,...I’m not sure those above him feel the same ....unfortunately..
      difficult to call from 3 games... hopeless against norwich (bad selection/formation and then too slow to change things), pragmatic against a poor millwall and very good against an already-on-the-beach swansea. i like the fact that he is adapting the approach to the opposition we face (under mclaren we were woefully predictable), but imo too early to say whether he deserves serious consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by Banbury View Post
        I’m not sure those above him feel the same ....unfortunately..
        He said in his post match interview he hasn't applied for the job so it's not just about those above, we can't and shouldn't assume people want the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
          Maybe add Rangel as Assistant player-manager?
          I think that's actually a good idea, I assume he'd need to get his coaching badges. Rangel should be captain when he plays and Freeman all other times. Was also impressed with how he got stuck in when Bright was fouled in the first half.

Comment

....I fully agree it’s far to early to say he should have the managers roll...but I can’t say that there is an outstanding candidate out of work at the mo....Eustace impressed a lot of people in the game with his work ethic at Kidderminster...& most were surprised he took the No2 job here....maybe the opportunity to learn off McClaren swayed him..
            i would certainly be behind giving him the reigns till the end of the season...and then who knows...?...unfortunately the managers at The Rs isn’t a particular sought after gig at the moment..

Comment

Angel Rangel for Assistant Manager. Why? Hasn't even been a coach to gain any experience. Was only captain of Swansea for 6 months. Just because someone has a good football career doesn't mean the should be fast tracked.Very few top/middle footballers make it in management because they have never had to think for themselves.

Comment

I would not give the job to Eustace as it’s to much of a risk right now. He seems likes a good coach and someone we should be keeping but our next appointment is massive.

I think we need someone who has decent experience at this level and there are some good candidates around.

Warburton, Pearson, Jackett all tick those boxes as do the more ambitious names such as Moyes and Pardew.

Even if the names above are not the right ones then there is no need to rush this appointment and we might as well see who is available come the end of the season and play offs ect.

Comment

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/04/1...f-running-for/

Queens Park Rangers caretaker manager John Eustace says he is not interested in taking the job on full-time

Comment

I'd give Eustace to the end of the season while sounding out potential candidates. There is a clear change in mentality now so why upset that with a new manager with 4 games to go ?

To be fair, England put Southgate in as "caretaker" manager when Allardyce lost the job. That trial seems to have paid dividends...
                    Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 15-04-2019, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X