ryan manning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Also while we are short of goals, letting sylla go was another daft decision, especially to be replaced by hemed
    Think that was more to do with not getting a work permit. But agreed in that we don’t have something different to bring off the bench

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

So essentially, Smyth is a bench warmer not a starter unless he is playing off Smith while Wells is out.

I don't disagree that Smyth should have more of a chance here but I just can't see who he would start in front of other than Pavel.
      Why is a blinkered view hes only going to be on the bench if so? For me hes got too much in his game to be ignored, if on form he'd be starting
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Would you play Smyth ahead of BOS, Freenman, Eze, Pavel or Shodipo ?
        I rate BOS but yes I would have Smythe ahead of him

Comment

I remember doing a training ground tour last season where Curtis Fleming pointed out that Ryan Manning wasn’t always the best trainer or for keeping himself in shape. That’s why he was dropped by Holloway. Not sure if it’s the same now but could explain things

Comment

Originally posted by Pellicoris Hairband View Post
            I remember doing a training ground tour last season where Curtis Fleming pointed out that Ryan Manning wasn’t always the best trainer or for keeping himself in shape. That’s why he was dropped by Holloway. Not sure if it’s the same now but could explain things
            Who is Curtis Fleming and whys he giving out insider info to people on a tour?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Why is a blinkered view hes only going to be on the bench if so? For me hes got too much in his game to be ignored, if on form he'd be starting
              I'll wait and see when he's finished tearing it up at Accrington Stanley and he comes back into the first XI to pass judgement on if he's better than what we've got already. Those 2 games where he looked good were far too long ago for me to remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post

Who is Curtis Fleming and whys he giving out insider info to people on a tour?
                First team coach/assistant under Holloway before leaving to go back to Boro??? It was a 4 person tour as part of a sponsorship package we had with the EFL at the time. He was more than happy to chat to us for about 20 mins whilst the other coaches were taking training and was honest when we asked certain questions. No real insider info.

Comment

Played well under Ollie and the Republic of Ireland U21s when playing for QPR, under Ollie. His career has gone downhill since an ex manager of ours left.
                  Last edited by SheepRanger; 04-04-2019, 09:44 PM.

Comment

He ain't good enough if u can't get near a struggling team like ours currently is I think it shows he's not good enough

Comment

Originally posted by Pellicoris Hairband View Post

Think that was more to do with not getting a work permit. But agreed in that we don’t have something different to bring off the bench
                      I'm guessing he was on quite good money and he was average at best so the club probably did the right thing with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Impey0711 View Post
                        He ain't good enough if u can't get near a struggling team like ours currently is I think it shows he's not good enough
                        he should have been kept at rptherham where he was doing well. he could have come back as an integral player next season

Comment

When he first went to Rotherham he was doing well and got a couple of MOTM for them. Then he slipped back and was on the bench a lot before he was recalled, so on balance he probably isnt realising the form you would expect him to have given his strong start with QPR a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

he should have been kept at rptherham where he was doing well. he could have come back as an integral player next season
                            Well'ish. He certainly started well at Rotherham, but around October it went downhill. In the last 10 Rotherham league fixtures before he returned to us, he started 3 matches, was subbed on 3 matches, and sat on the bench for 90 mins in 4 matches (QPR fixture excluded because he was ineligible).
                            I'm sure he would have got more playtime if he’d stayed at Rotherham, even though he became a rotation player there and not a regular starter. I like Manning and his play-style, but it seems to me like he needs a season or two as rotation player here at QPR before he’s ready to be a CM regular/backbone.
                            QPR since 1993
                            WATRB since 2015
                            First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Impey0711 View Post
                              Or that the manager just keeps picking his favourites.

Comment

MOTM for me last night just ahead of Scowen.

Will be interesting to see how he does on Saturday againt Dyer / Routledge. Personally would like to see him on the left of midfield playing forward passes while providing the cover Bidders very rarely gets.

Comment

Working...
                                X