Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Millwall away (April, 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Millwall away (April, 10)

Hi all,
    So I'm M27, but haven't been to an away game yet.
    Looking forward to visiting the Den on 10th April, but not sure how to behave.
    I also know nobody from QPR fans... and came from abroad (Eastern Europe), which may be a concern for some people...

Need a piece of advice, please. Should I go?
    Thanks

Originally posted by Vlad View Post
    Hi all,
    I also know nobody from QPR fans... and came from abroad (Eastern Europe), which may be a concern for some people...

Thanks
    Of cause you should go.
    There are plenty of people from Eastern Europe around London.
    I am sure some on here will post to let you know best route in and out of The Den avoiding any potential problems, and what pubs QPR fans will be drinking in before the game.
    Should be a good day out
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks
      Should you worry about being from Eastern Europe in London? You won't stand out, trust me.

Should you be worried about spending £30 to watch 2 crap teams in a sterile away end? Absolutely.

Comment

no one will care that you're eastern european lol, just as no one would care if you were an indian in a turban etc.

stick to the main routes around the den and you'll be fine. no one will bother you, if you wore a QPR shirt then some millwall fans might make remarks to you but you won't get beaten up or anything, its just standard football banter that you get from every fan. you probably have more violence to worry about at an eastern european football game than you do for QPR vs millwall. they're all bark and no bite nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
          no one will care that you're eastern european lol, just as no one would care if you were an indian in a turban etc.

stick to the main routes around the den and you'll be fine. no one will bother you, if you wore a QPR shirt then some millwall fans might make remarks to you but you won't get beaten up or anything, its just standard football banter that you get from every fan. you probably have more violence to worry about at an eastern european football game than you do for QPR vs millwall. they're all bark and no bite nowadays
          The first part just reminded me of the first league match we played at Griffin Park in the league for 40 something years back in 2000 ish.. Anyway, 2 well-ish known Indian Rs fans were singing 'Town full of P...' to the disgust of the local Met and to their great annoyance when they saw who was singing it and how stupid they would look nicking them!

Anyway, as you say no one stands out in a QPR end and they haven't done so for over 40 years.

Comment

You should def go MILLWALL isn’t that bad I like going
            drink around borough market get BR train from London Bridge takes about 10 mins
            you even get your own little dedicates alleyway to the away end, the ball ache is getting out and being kept in a bit
            Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

Hope you have a good day Vlad. You shouldn’t need your impaling skills! ( only joking. Great to know we have fans from Eastern Europe.)

Comment

Millwall have had and still do have a hard core of fans up for trouble, it's all the hype that gets on my nerves, they have decent fans too but it's the morons who think that you HAVE to act tough if your a millwall fan that let the decent fans down and dare I say it even some of their active firm.

Comment

Thanks all, will book a ticket then, see you there!

Comment

Vlad are you Russian or Ukraine mate?
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Vlad are you Russian or Ukraine mate?
                      Somewhere between - from Belarus, actually

Comment

Don't go, you'll only come out of the ground thinking about how much money you wasted.

Comment

So, is there any specific pub near London Bridge where you guys meet? or just any pub in that area...

Comment

So, is there any specific pub near London Bridge where you guys meet? or just any pub in that area...
                            Look for a pub near Borough market.
                            I'm sure someone will post a specific pub at some point in the morning.
                            Enjoy your visit
                            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Still nothing, so I’ll be heading to the Market Porter, prob will meet someone

Comment

Working...
                              X