Class,or lack of it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class,or lack of it

Cardiff trying to get out of paying for sala even though he signed,been to ground,got a huge memorial outside ground and club reps went to his funeral. Now I realize a lot of money is involved and I hope its their insurance whom trying to wriggle out of it not the club. Leaves a nasty taste in the mouth like qprdaves 1st bird did
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

lol

Cardiff are really not covering themselves in any sort of glory.
    Just pay the fee the player had signed, he was under their care, their responsibility.

Comment

That's bad.
      They have said all along they weren't trying to avoid paying so they've gone back on that then?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        lol

Cardiff are really not covering themselves in any sort of glory.
        Just pay the fee the player had signed, he was under their care, their responsibility.
        No, he was under the care of the Agent who brokered the deal and arranged the flights. Cardiff are saying the tegistration terms in the contract had not been fully met, he hadn't been registered by the premier league, Welsh FA or French FA. Nantes are claiming the deal was registered by UEFA. I'm sure in footballing terms the UEFA registration will suffice, so it will end up a civil matter for breach of contract. Cardiff are saying all the added contract terms were because Nantes wanted them in there. I can see both sides and it will get messy.

Comment

To be honest I cant believe FIFA or the governing body are not stepping in regarding this. This is a unforeseen, awful incident and unfortunately it was also going to come to this. Either way one club was going to end up out of pocket and there is enough money at FIFA to cover this.

Comment

They're saying (Cardiff) that is was none binding deal , probably looking for some arbitrary clause with FIFA, UEFA or FA which probably allows them to get away with paying a lot lees maybe half, Not covering themselves in glory though

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

No, he was under the care of the Agent who brokered the deal and arranged the flights. Cardiff are saying the tegistration terms in the contract had not been fully met, he hadn't been registered by the premier league, Welsh FA or French FA. Nantes are claiming the deal was registered by UEFA. I'm sure in footballing terms the UEFA registration will suffice, so it will end up a civil matter for breach of contract. Cardiff are saying all the added contract terms were because Nantes wanted them in there. I can see both sides and it will get messy.
              He was their player, just pay up the agent works for them

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

He was their player, just pay up the agent works for them
                The Agent did not work for Cardiff. He went to Nantes and asked if he could get £15m for Salla woukd they sell. Nantes agreed and Cardiff agreed to buy after being approached. He was merely a Broker but if anything he worked for Nantes after they agreed Salla could be hawked around. There are email exchanges in the public domain if you dont believe me.

Cardiff should pay up if he transfer was registered by FIFA, but ultimately I think the Agent will get sued for booking a single engined aeroplane that wasn't fit to fly across the channel and be ong piloted by someone without a commercial flying licence.

Comment

You have to suspect that their insurance was declared null and void as a result of the plane he was using and the insurers aren't going to pay out.

Therefore, however sick it seems and however immoral it may appear you can't really blame them for trying to avoid a £15m loss. I would expect every club to take the same route and would be annoyed if we didn't. It's no different from any of us trying to shift blame for our own driving errors or claiming stuff back on holiday insurance we have no right to.

Comment

Originally posted by Clapton is God View Post
                    You have to suspect that their insurance was declared null and void as a result of the plane he was using and the insurers aren't going to pay out.

Therefore, however sick it seems and however immoral it may appear you can't really blame them for trying to avoid a £15m loss. I would expect every club to take the same route and would be annoyed if we didn't. It's no different from any of us trying to shift blame for our own driving errors or claiming stuff back on holiday insurance we have no right to.
                    true, true. awkward and tricky one though and could be considered insensitive in a way. i can fully understand why cardiff don't want to pay though buts its a toughie

Comment

Looking for a technicality to save paying the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

true, true. awkward and tricky one though and could be considered insensitive in a way. i can fully understand why cardiff don't want to pay though buts its a toughie
                        It is awkward but it is business.

Comment

Working...
                        X