Birmingham - 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    So Birmingham join the relegation battle ,can't see them going down,they are in good form
    The form table would suggest otherwise.

Comment

Hate FFP. Worst thing to happen to our game ever. No more level playing fields, no more dreams and aspirations, if you are a small club you have absolutely no chance of competing with the big boys. You used to get Watford, Norwich, Villa, Blackburn even us challenging at the top of the league... that will never happen again and I find it very sad the money men have stolen the dreams of the smaller teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
        So Birmingham join the relegation battle ,can't see them going down,they are in good form
        Look at their next 5 fixtures though. They include West Brom (A) Leeds , Sheff Utd and Derby (H). Not the easiest.

Comment

We’ve gone up a place in the league table lads !!!!!!
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
            And in the mean time Man City and the other big teams get away Scot free-imagine docking city 9 points
            EFL have got this all wrong I've been saying it repeatedly. You can't have people in suits determining where a team
            finishes, or what their ambitions can be. Our owners have ripped no one off.
            They have accepted the debt and gone about paying it back to whoever.
            They have not cut and run, they are trying to build the club, structurally off the field as well as on.
            And only in this mad world we live in do people fine a club millions of pounds who are in debt anyway

Comment

If a billionaire wants to spend all his money on a football club then why cant he. Clubs go up and down the leagues. Even Torquay are still going in the Nationdl League South I think. How many clubs have gone but never to be seen again. Even Accrington and Wimbledon are back

Comment

The whole thing is a farce. Kinda give other clubs carte blanche to go hell for leather to try and get promoted to the premiership knowing that if they just miss out they'll only drop a few places. Sadly i doubt this'll be any deterrent at all.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungR1 View Post
                  Hate FFP. Worst thing to happen to our game ever. No more level playing fields, no more dreams and aspirations, if you are a small club you have absolutely no chance of competing with the big boys. You used to get Watford, Norwich, Villa, Blackburn even us challenging at the top of the league... that will never happen again and I find it very sad the money men have stolen the dreams of the smaller teams.
                  Leicester showed the dream is still alive and kicking.
                  Watford & Wolves doing well. Also, Bournemouth who are probably th smallest club I've ever known in the prem are doing fine.
                  Prem or Division One was generally owned by the big clubs. Every so often a small club wins it, such as Forest or Blackburn but always been a once in s generation phenomenon.
                  Dont think much changes. The playing field has always been uneven.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

The form table would suggest otherwise.

I agree,I stand corrected

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                      The whole thing is a farce. Kinda give other clubs carte blanche to go hell for leather to try and get promoted to the premiership knowing that if they just miss out they'll only drop a few places. Sadly i doubt this'll be any deterrent at all.
                      Not much of a deterrent i agree. Just a I'm in charge statement from fl bunch of ######s

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

So we get a £42 Million fine which hits us for 10 years and they get docked 9 points which sees them comfortably mid table given their form?...How is that fair?
                        No continuity whatsoever we get 17 mil fine and a case that has taken its toll on our club.Brum get 9 point
                        deduction stay in current league and no financial penalty.

This Ffp thing is a total farce

Comment

Frustrating as hell.
                          If they want some form of continuity, then surely a wage cap, based on whatever division you are in would be the way forward?
                          Like many have said, how does a financial fine make sense if a club is already in debt?
                          Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                          Work Best When Open...
                          @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

No continuity whatsoever we get 17 mil fine and a case that has taken its toll on our club.Brum get 9 point
                            deduction stay in current league and no financial penalty.

This Ffp thing is a total farce
                            Our financial penalty has nothing to do with FFP. The FA has been looking to get even with us since we wriggled out of the Faurlin saga with Paladini's delaying tactics during the hearing. We gave the FA the ammunition to get even with us.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post

Leicester showed the dream is still alive and kicking.
                              Watford & Wolves doing well. Also, Bournemouth who are probably th smallest club I've ever known in the prem are doing fine.
                              Prem or Division One was generally owned by the big clubs. Every so often a small club wins it, such as Forest or Blackburn but always been a once in s generation phenomenon.
                              Dont think much changes. The playing field has always been uneven.
                              I think Bournemouth were fined also.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I take your point, but factually we were fined £17m with £3m costs.
                                Fair point...it was a £42 Million settlement that included shareholders having to write off £22 Million of debts, £3 Million costs and £17 Million fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X