Birmingham - 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

I don't think TBlock was arguing that. Quite the opposite in fact saying the playing field has always been uneven.

The season Leicester won it was a freak season I agree but Spurs had a great chance to win it given how weak the other top teams were. And Leicester actually ended up winning it by about ten points I think.
    Fair enough Croydon re the Leicester situation, but I don't want that to distract from my main point that it stops the smaller teams ever having a chance. They were trying to stop another situation with Portsmouth for example, but they have bounced back now and are challenging for promotion back to the Championship, and they were in real financial strife. Teams come back. I bet most Pompey fans are happy they won the cup and did well in the Premier on the back of an owners investments, they were loving it in fact, but they would never have got up there under these FFP rules. So for me the premise of 'saving clubs from reckless owners' is just a cover for 'Keeping the big teams at the top!'

Comment

Originally posted by YoungR1 View Post

Fair enough Croydon re the Leicester situation, but I don't want that to distract from my main point that it stops the smaller teams ever having a chance. They were trying to stop another situation with Portsmouth for example, but they have bounced back now and are challenging for promotion back to the Championship, and they were in real financial strife. Teams come back. I bet most Pompey fans are happy they won the cup and did well in the Premier on the back of an owners investments, they were loving it in fact, but they would never have got up there under these FFP rules. So for me the premise of 'saving clubs from reckless owners' is just a cover for 'Keeping the big teams at the top!'
      The FA didn't lose money or TV revenue just because Leicester won the league.

The clubs with the most fans and money have always had success, what's changed?

Not saying that you are but how can anyone defend those idiots who brought us and Portsmouth close to extinction beats me. They were reckless and should be hated. As I said before, if you want success you've chosen the wrong club.

Comment

Working...
      X