Wingers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wingers!

What is this clubs obsession with wingers. We are now linked with Massey at wigan another winger. We buy wingers and never play them. I think we have enough already..Pawel , BOS, Shopido, Smyth, Wheeler...surely there are other areas ..full back ..centre midfield..centre half..centre forward to name a few that we are more in need of than yet another winger!

Linked is the operative word.

Comment

Playing with out and out wingers is written in DNA. Besides, Pawel might be on his way. Wheeler is not good enough. Shodipo and Smyth how good are they really? As for other areas we need to adress; I would think that the club is on the case. I mean they must be. Next season will be another battle against relegation, I fell.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
        Linked is the operative word.
        Yes exactly, most of it is bs, i saw that article and i read it, as he will be out of contract QPR will be interested too.
        Simply because he would cost nothing.
        But if true probably means we're looking to replace Pav

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          Playing with out and out wingers is written in DNA. Besides, Pawel might be on his way. Wheeler is not good enough. Shodipo and Smyth how good are they really? As for other areas we need to adress; I would think that the club is on the case. I mean they must be. Next season will be another battle against relegation, I fell.
          I think Smyth is good enough easily

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Fully agree. Can't wait to see Smyth back next season with Chair.
            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
            Work Best When Open...
            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

He might be , but getting a proven one in wouldn`t hurt. Next season will be a huge test for McLaren @ Co. And us supporters aswell...
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

Chair is the one - I would be less worried about losing Freeman or Eze knowing this guy is waiting in the wings

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

I’m very excited for them two next season
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                  Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                  Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                  Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                  And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                    What is this clubs obsession with wingers. We are now linked with Massey at wigan another winger. We buy wingers and never play them. I think we have enough already..Pawel , BOS, Shopido, Smyth, Wheeler...surely there are other areas ..full back ..centre midfield..centre half..centre forward to name a few that we are more in need of than yet another winger!
                    We have enough of them, but when are they played in their right position? When are they asked to play as out and out wingers? Never! Pav has even been asked to play full back/wing back FFS! He is a quality winger when allowed to go forward. He could provide us with width, pace on the counter, he works tirelessly on the right flank doubling up with the right back providing that extra cover and scores vital goals at times too! We SHOULD be doing all we can to keep players of this calibre, not releasing them for nothing! Bloody ridiculous! If he was on a contract, he would fetch a very decent fee.

Comment

It is not a matter of what we want it is what we can afford.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

Chair is the one - I would be less worried about losing Freeman or Eze knowing this guy is waiting in the wings
                        Hmm what worries me is the pressure he will be under, we must allow the odd mistake, and not crucify him, on social media especially, they all read it

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

We have enough of them, but when are they played in their right position? When are they asked to play as out and out wingers? Never! Pav has even been asked to play full back/wing back FFS! He is a quality winger when allowed to go forward. He could provide us with width, pace on the counter, he works tirelessly on the right flank doubling up with the right back providing that extra cover and scores vital goals at times too! We SHOULD be doing all we can to keep players of this calibre, not releasing them for nothing! Bloody ridiculous! If he was on a contract, he would fetch a very decent fee.

I agree with this post. McCLaren doesn't plat to our strengths in my opinion and England showed last night that playing with quick, direct and tricky wingers scares the life out of the opposition. I think in Smyth, Pawel and Samuel we have 3 wingers who can cause teams problems.

I am surprised Steve hasn't changed our formation to accommodate our wingers. I would of moved freeman into the middle of the park by now or played him in the 10 position to ensure Pawel and Samuel were playing at the same time. I'm still bemused that Smyth was sent on loan.

Would of loved to have seen this type of line up more this year -

luongo freeman Cameron

Pawel Wells Samuel

or

Luonog Cameron

Pawel freeman Samuel

Wells

Big Matt Smith coming of the bench or starting certain games, with the likes of Smyth being able to come on and effect the match as well.

Comment

Pawel is a must keep as an out and out winger. Without him we will struggle next season. With Rangel back he must be allowed to play to his strenghts as I see it.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

If we had Jared Bowen he would also be asked to play as a wing back too.

Comment

Working...
                              X