Tony Liestner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Liestner

I don't think we should sell the BFG, no matter whether we are offered £5 mill or not.
    He has brought a leadership to our whole team, and especially defence.
    If Villa are offering £5 mill you can bet he's worth more than that, and with them
    in deep financial do do, we could well be competing alongside them next season, so why strengthen a rival?
    I keep seeing we can get better, can we?
    We've spent millions on Caulker, and other defenders and got f-all back.
    We have a very good centre back lets try and get another and replace the real weak links in the team.
    Btw nobody surely thinks we get to spend the £5 mill (I don't believe that figure either) on team strengthening do they?

Maybe the people that believe a clickbait site like Football Insider 247( the only one's to carry that rumour) would believe it would be spent on team strengthening.

Comment

I believe if we had two BFG types at CB we could start to rebuild our confidence and the team's record. In fact, give QPR a legitimate RB (short of Rangel) and an imposing defensive midfielder, and just watch how quickly our fortunes change.

Comment

I doubt Villa are serious about that price.
        I like him though. With Hall or Furlong next to him that is a decent pairing at this level.

Comment

I like Tony too, yes he is slow but think he is solid and reads the game well.

Comment

Good player at this level IMO.

As for Villa, they are going up so I would doubt they will go for the BFG in the summer.

Comment

lol hes an absolute donkey . would take 500k. JN

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                I believe if we had two BFG types at CB we could start to rebuild our confidence and the team's record. In fact, give QPR a legitimate RB (short of Rangel) and an imposing defensive midfielder, and just watch how quickly our fortunes change.
                yep agree

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                  I like Tony too, yes he is slow but think he is solid and reads the game well.
                  which is as big a part of the game as having pace, you get a player
                  that can read it, they don't need the pace

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
                    lol hes an absolute donkey . would take 500k. JN
                    JN he has improved that defence with Lynch by his side.
                    You watch who's head gets on those crosses, he is good defender.

Comment

I kind of agree with JN. I admit that when he's playing well he can be effective at this level. When he's not playing well he looks like he's just been dragged in off the local building site.

Comment

Again another defender who can be lacking against certain types of attacker. He will cope with hoofball but needs a player like Hall alongside not a similar player like Lynch.

Comment

i like toni, very good player at this level but i'd bite their hands off for 5m. theres cheaper options out there who have a lot of potential that we could bring in for half that price. players like lindsay at barnsley or ajayi at rotherham could easily replace leistner and we'd still have money for a new rb or striker

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                            i like toni, very good player at this level but i'd bite their hands off for 5m. theres cheaper options out there who have a lot of potential that we could bring in for half that price. players like lindsay at barnsley or ajayi at rotherham could easily replace leistner and we'd still have money for a new rb or striker
                            How much will Barnsley and Rotherham demand though?......More I suspect

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

How much will Barnsley and Rotherham demand though?......More I suspect
                              probably around 2.5m-3m each i reckon.

Comment

Working...
                              X