Who would you appoint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
    There is a lot of difference between ' Who would you bring in' and 'Who could you bring in'. We are a skint, bottom third Championship side with little prospect of anything different.
    I agree and might add, who would want to take the gig? Assuming we have enough $$$ to attract a decent manager I'm not sure they will be lined up to apply for a job that looks to be a certain relegation scrap next season with a very restricted budget and squad!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post

I agree and might add, who would want to take the gig? Assuming we have enough $$$ to attract a decent manager I'm not sure they will be lined up to apply for a job that looks to be a certain relegation scrap next season with a very restricted budget and squad!
      Some up and coming guys from the lower leagues who would regard this as a step up. They must have passion for ootball and perhaps ex players.

a) Ainsworth
      b) Barton & Hill

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Some up and coming guys from the lower leagues who would regard this as a step up. They must have passion for ootball and perhaps ex players.

a) Ainsworth
        b) Barton & Hill
        Both options massive risks.
        As for option B, removing Barton from the equation would make it a bit more appealing.
        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
        Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

a) Ainsworth
          b) Barton & Hill
          A roll of the dice here, it can work out but you can also get a JFH who I was so happy to see come in, we all know how that worked out!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

A roll of the dice here, it can work out but you can also get a JFH who I was so happy to see come in, we all know how that worked out!
            Whereas the likes of Mark Hughes was considered a safe bet.

Michael Flynn from Newport County has done well.

Comment

I really think if SM goes Sir Les has to follow him out the door, his fingerprints are all over this and he needs to fall on the sword for many poor decisions, not all have been bad but many! Perhaps with LF out of the way there may be more quality managers interested in the job if SM is going to go, I will wait until the end of the season before stating I want him sacked!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

My dream is that we will be a team that is not so dependent of who the manager is. With Cameron and Angel back in the team we have at least two leaders on the pitch. That`s a start. Anyway; Make no mistake about it, we need a few in during the summer window also...
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Hmmm. Seemed to have made a bit of a difference last season though.
                  We were crap last season.

​​​​Why can't the revisionists just accept that?

​​

Comment

Originally posted by Clapton is God View Post

We were crap last season.

​​​​Why can't the revisionists just accept that?

​​
                    Crap towards the end of last season?

Comment

I really think if SM goes Sir Les has to follow him out the door, his fingerprints are all over this and he needs to fall on the sword for many poor decisions, not all have been bad but many! Perhaps with LF out of the way there may be more quality managers interested in the job if SM is going to go, I will wait until the end of the season before stating I want him sacked!
                      So you think Les is holding us from getting more quality managers but your previous post said we can't afford them.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Crap towards the end of last season?
                        And the middle part. .

After Sheffield United - who we played on October 31st - we won 10 fixtures out of 31 and drew 4.

We won just 3 of the last 9 fixtures.

Are we worse this season? Absolutely.

Has McClaren failed with us? Absolutely

However, none of that should detract from how bad we were last season. We were bloody awful.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

So you think Les is holding us from getting more quality managers but your previous post said we can't afford them.
                          I stated that I'm not sure how our finances are to be spent on a manager, we know about having a limited budget for building the squad! As for Les holding us back, I can only speculate that some managers would not want to work under a DOF no matter who they might be, possibly we would get better candidates if they were given more control, once again I am not saying this is the case, just raising some concern!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Depends on what you believe is true and also who you believe.

We certainly paid off Olly which i agreed with and afforded to employ Smc who has had a far worse run of
                            results 1 win in 14.

Ferdinand has not excelled in his position so i can see where
                            Gator is coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              if Smc got the tin tack now
                              keep McLaren, give him another season, build the team around freeman, bos, bfg and luongo.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                                We need to stick with SM for years. It will come good in time.
                                With all the names above I'd rather stick with SM, we've had a few injuries but before that, we looked really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X