No announcement yet.

Bye Bye !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, here are my thoughts on it. There was a time during the season in some games at home when we looked amazing going forward, fast and free flowing football, some deft touches and confidence clearly running a lot higher than now. Also, during the season, there were sometimes when our defence was really good and we kept so many clean sheets in a row after a bad start. A lot of this I think we all agree was a direct factor of having Cameron and Rangel loans strengthening our team and the benefit of a better striker in Nakhi Wells than anyone we had seen up front prior to his arrival. Losing Cameron and Rangel was a big blow because it meant playing weaker players in their positions and affected team confidence and morale. You would never choose to change a winning team, but we were forced into it. Then the youngsters like Chair / Smyth / Oteh etc loaned out to give experience to them ahead of them likely being 1st team players next year meant that the options available to SMC were much reduced, but what would you do in his shoes? You have many player contracts expiring in the summer and there will be many players who we move on. SMC just needed to keep us up this season, while getting us through the transfer ban and developing the fringe players who will become important next year.

Getting rid of SMC to me is a wrong decision. We keep getting rid of managers (Ramsey / JFH, Olly etc) and lets face it, most of them have been pretty rubbish or certainly no better than SMC. Who would come here under the current conditions, with a DOF role meaning that you are only a coach and not a manager with full responsibility for on and off field matters. To me, its not that SMC has lost the dressing room or that the players don't play for him, what I see is a team who do not lack effort and are doing their best, but clearly lack a couple of quality players in the spine that would improve overall performances. If he had lost the dressing room, fair enough - get rid, but until that happens, and its actually fair to judge him, I prefer to keep stability and try and progress next season with our young players and the benefit of being able to operate in the transfer window, albeit at the budget level.

Sorry for the long message.

Comment

I think McLaren will stay on as the club cannot afford to pay him and his staff off, His results in 2019 deserve the sack though.

He is not a good manager but a decent coach . Yes, I take Martinmalta' spoint about modern managers, but in my view a manager is the head coach who picks the team, motivates them, chooses formations and tactics, as well as making substitutions to affect games. And it is this lot that he often strauggles with as far as I am concerned (I still think he is better than Holloway though). At least we win some away games and cup matches.as well as seeing unchanged line ups (rarely seen under the previos manager).

If he does stay on, I hope he can imrove on this season and give youngsters like Chair BOS and Smyth more of a chance than he has done this season.

Comment

worth bearing in mind, mc said he wanted to play good football whilst playing developing youngsters. the football we play rivals how bad it was under jfh, and all the young players are either on loan or have got worse. this time last season under ollie we were battering Norwich Sheffield w 4-1 at home with all the young players playing and flourishing and a bit further on birmingham at home , chair eze bright manning looked amazing for a team with nothing to play for against a team who were fighting for their lives. more I think about it more I feel sorry for ollie that he didnt get this season, based on how he did play the youngsters, kept us up safely, had a lot more passion and charisma, played better football than mc, and its hypothetical but where would ollie have got us if he was able to bring in cameron wells hemed and Rangel......... JN

Comment

Originally posted by Damboy View Post
          So, here are my thoughts on it. There was a time during the season in some games at home when we looked amazing going forward, fast and free flowing football, some deft touches and confidence clearly running a lot higher than now. Also, during the season, there were sometimes when our defence was really good and we kept so many clean sheets in a row after a bad start. A lot of this I think we all agree was a direct factor of having Cameron and Rangel loans strengthening our team and the benefit of a better striker in Nakhi Wells than anyone we had seen up front prior to his arrival. Losing Cameron and Rangel was a big blow because it meant playing weaker players in their positions and affected team confidence and morale. You would never choose to change a winning team, but we were forced into it. Then the youngsters like Chair / Smyth / Oteh etc loaned out to give experience to them ahead of them likely being 1st team players next year meant that the options available to SMC were much reduced, but what would you do in his shoes? You have many player contracts expiring in the summer and there will be many players who we move on. SMC just needed to keep us up this season, while getting us through the transfer ban and developing the fringe players who will become important next year.

Getting rid of SMC to me is a wrong decision. We keep getting rid of managers (Ramsey / JFH, Olly etc) and lets face it, most of them have been pretty rubbish or certainly no better than SMC. Who would come here under the current conditions, with a DOF role meaning that you are only a coach and not a manager with full responsibility for on and off field matters. To me, its not that SMC has lost the dressing room or that the players don't play for him, what I see is a team who do not lack effort and are doing their best, but clearly lack a couple of quality players in the spine that would improve overall performances. If he had lost the dressing room, fair enough - get rid, but until that happens, and its actually fair to judge him, I prefer to keep stability and try and progress next season with our young players and the benefit of being able to operate in the transfer window, albeit at the budget level.

Sorry for the long message.
          This is a good post, I guess. Rangel and Cameron have been sorely missed. Furlong has been a huge let down as a right back.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Is that the Wigan that won 5-2 today?
            if you like

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post

Your point re-'good coach but never a manager' does not make sense. SM is not the Manager, he is the coach. Where there is a DOF, there is no need to have a Manager. I know that in England whoever is selecting the team is called a Manager, but that is no longer the case. In the past, everthing used to come from the Manager, however, today its the DOF that decide on contracts, who to keep and those to leave, transfers etc. The Manager/coach will work/select/train whatever he's been provided with.
              I take your point but some of his team selections and decisions leave a lit to be desired and 1 win 14 is just
              not acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

if you like
                I don't think there's two.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
                  worth bearing in mind, mc said he wanted to play good football whilst playing developing youngsters. the football we play rivals how bad it was under jfh, and all the young players are either on loan or have got worse. this time last season under ollie we were battering Norwich Sheffield w 4-1 at home with all the young players playing and flourishing and a bit further on birmingham at home , chair eze bright manning looked amazing for a team with nothing to play for against a team who were fighting for their lives. more I think about it more I feel sorry for ollie that he didnt get this season, based on how he did play the youngsters, kept us up safely, had a lot more passion and charisma, played better football than mc, and its hypothetical but where would ollie have got us if he was able to bring in cameron wells hemed and Rangel......... JN
                  Probably bottom 3. Well past his best. Says it all when he was without a job for 18 months before Uncle's mad moment and has been since he left us. We only improved after he was told to ditch his ridiculous formation and CR became more prominent on match days. Also coincided with youngsters getting more game time. Is stretching it to say Ollie was into the youngsters. They barely got a look in until the board forced changes.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
                    Good post, JN!

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

Good post, JN!
                      Water wet. JN

Comment

Comment

Something has to change! Just embarrassing to watch

Comment

Originally posted by JackQPR89 View Post
                            Something has to change! Just embarrassing to watch
                            It's not been pretty lately.