You mean Bolton that still leaves Rotherham Reading
      etc below us
      Ok,ok. Yes, that is true.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Hope & Faith View Post

Not just singling you out fella, but it's a good job the team didn't just throw the towel in like most of you lot, at 4.03pm...

I've seen years and years of negative bile before and during games, and yet now is the time to hold steady. No money, £50 million fine etc etc and we have one of the better coaches (if not as a manager) in the game.

They'll learn in these hard times, and already have in many ways.

Given our respective current form, spiralling negativity from you lot, and being 2-0 down... this represents a great result by any means. Well done boys.

Keep on keeping on, Steve and the team...
        Why do people keep on misquoting the FFP fine? £50m is rubbish, as is £42m.

We got a fine of £17m plus £3m legal costs to FA, totally £20m. The rest was conversion of loan to equity, which does not make the owners richer or poorer. Moreover, the £20m shall be paid over 10 years. In the 2018/2019 annual account the interest free installment period is valued at ca £5m, meaning the net cost measured in todays' money is just £15m.

It doesn't stop there: The costs are not applicable for FFP calculations and are therefore not a burden for the owners ability to financially back the team under the FFP rules.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

Ollie will not be coming back even if they do remove SM.
          I agree. Joey Barton doing well on a very limited budget.

Comment

Stay of execution, agree with Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Wasn’t Rotherham at home supposed to be a banker too ?
              Instead they performed like w***ers rather than bankers

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                if we had the means i would just get rid of Mclaren

He is not a manager end of never has been....goid coach
                but never a manager.

I feel we are safe now as i cant see The likes of Wigan
                etc getting ahead of us.

So if we had the means get rid now and a new man for next season
                Is that the Wigan that won 5-2 today?

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I agree. Joey Barton doing well on a very limited budget.
                  How much of that might be attributable to a certain Mr Hill?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

Rotherham at home, 10 men Stoke at home ect ect
                    Rebel don’t get me wrong, McClaren could well have been gone last night had we lost and our results since New Years Day have been woeful. What I’m saying is on our day we can beat anyone and that goes for the whole of the Championship not just us. I suspect McClaren may well be gone soon but he is hanging in there just at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post

Rebel don’t get me wrong, McClaren could well have been gone last night had we lost and our results since New Years Day have been woeful. What I’m saying is on our day we can beat anyone and that goes for the whole of the Championship not just us. I suspect McClaren may well be gone soon but he is hanging in there just at the moment.
                      Anyone can beat anyone on their day. It's what makes football so great.
                      ​​​​​
                      What makes a good team is when the amount of matches they win far out numbers the matches they lose.

McClaren would be gone in most other clubs but we can't afford to sack him would be my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post

I agree with you kit,anyone can beat anyone ,which still makes Rotherham Reading Wigan and millwall very dangerous . I think Bolton are down (with Ipswich) but wouldn't be a bit surprised if they beat us at home. All the bottom teams are fighting for their lives,at least we showed some of that fight yesterday to get a draw. Maybe 50 points won't be required ,but I predict any club that finishes on 47 points or less will go down.
                        I expect McClaren knows he got out of jail yesterday but will go bofore the end or at the end of the season either way .I don't particularly want him sacked ,I just think he will be,our run of results are the worst in the history of the club. If I'm wrong with that fact I'm happy to be proved wrong .

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

How much of that might be attributable to a certain Mr Hill?
                          49.87%

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            if we had the means i would just get rid of Mclaren

He is not a manager end of never has been....goid coach
                            but never a manager.

I feel we are safe now as i cant see The likes of Wigan
                            etc getting ahead of us.

So if we had the means get rid now and a new man for next season
                            Your point re-'good coach but never a manager' does not make sense. SM is not the Manager, he is the coach. Where there is a DOF, there is no need to have a Manager. I know that in England whoever is selecting the team is called a Manager, but that is no longer the case. In the past, everthing used to come from the Manager, however, today its the DOF that decide on contracts, who to keep and those to leave, transfers etc. The Manager/coach will work/select/train whatever he's been provided with.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

I agree with you kit,anyone can beat anyone ,which still makes Rotherham Reading Wigan and millwall very dangerous . I think Bolton are down (with Ipswich) but wouldn't be a bit surprised if they beat us at home. All the bottom teams are fighting for their lives,at least we showed some of that fight yesterday to get a draw. Maybe 50 points won't be required ,but I predict any club that finishes on 47 points or less will go down.
                              I expect McClaren knows he got out of jail yesterday but will go bofore the end or at the end of the season either way .I don't particularly want him sacked ,I just think he will be,our run of results are the worst in the history of the club. If I'm wrong with that fact I'm happy to be proved wrong .
                              Steve reconfirmed his target for this season is 50 points.
                              Therefore if he achieves this (which looks likely), he won't be going anywhere.
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Yep. He's not going anywhere.

We'll stay up, regroup and go again in the summer. I for one would like to see him stick around a bit longer. Sacking him and appointing another manager would be just another dice-roll IMO.

If he had lost the player's faith then that's another thing but there's no suggestion of that so far that I have seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X