Our team next season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our team next season.

Could be in Div 1 by the way, however I see this team representing the R's.
    Lumley.
    Kakay, Furlong, Hall, Hemalenian/Bidwell.
    Cousins, Shodipo, Smyth, Bos.
    Chair
    Oteh.

With all due respect, but God help us if this is the team come August..We need to buy at least 5 or 6 new players,imo.
    Last edited by Shania; 15-03-2019, 11:04 PM.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
      Lumley.
      Chair
      Oteh.
      No way is Hall being retained mate. We just can't afford to keep him on in a situation where he's barely playing throughout the season while picking up a decent wage.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post

No way is Hall being retained mate. We just can't afford to keep him on in a situation where he's barely playing throughout the season while picking up a decent wage.
        i think hall will be kept on tbh. i doubt hes on a big wage anyway as we signed him from spurs (i think) mainly for our u23s at the time. he's been injured so i doubt he'd be offered a big deal, it'd probably be based around appearence bonuses etc.

i can't see lynch staying, i reckon he's on a good wage here and he's just not good enough. cousins will probably stay too, we're not really in a position to be letting him go and to be fair to him he has been much improved this season

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

i think hall will be kept on tbh. i doubt hes on a big wage anyway as we signed him from spurs (i think) mainly for our u23s at the time. he's been injured so i doubt he'd be offered a big deal, it'd probably be based around appearence bonuses etc.

i can't see lynch staying, i reckon he's on a good wage here and he's just not good enough. cousins will probably stay too, we're not really in a position to be letting him go and to be fair to him he has been much improved this season
          Let's not forget he signed a new deal halfway through his first season here. I would say he's on 10k p/w minimum based on that fact. That's around 500k per year for someone with huge injury problems.

Comment

Lumley.
            Chair
            Oteh.
            That’s division 2 the next season then! Team will be nothing like that IMO.( and hope )

Comment

We should rebuild the team around youth and retaining two pros; Rangel and Cameron. Both indicated they want to stay here if possible. Do all to keep Freeman. Happy to shed Lynch and willing to lose Hall if too expensive. Kakay...Leistner...Furlong...Bitner a solid back line at this level. All other out of contract players, not truly all that concerned whether they stay or not.

Comment

Lumley.
                Chair
                Oteh.
                Smyth playing midfield? I cant see that working, hes a winger and nothing else. Olly tried him up front and that didn't really work. BOS played right wing on Wed, not left as in your team. Isn't Shodipo a right winger same as BOS?

Hemalenian will be gone and will probably stay in the MLS.

Oteh up front - Harding pulling up any trees on loan is he!

That looks a double relegation team to me.

Comment

Before any sales and after those that have left due to contract ending:

Smith
                  Freeman Eze Smyth
                  Scowen Luongo
                  Hama Leistner Furlong Kakay
                  Lumley

i could get behind that three behind the striker but unfortunately I think we all know freeman and/or Eze are likely to be off this summer at some point.

Let's hope the dof and whoever else behind the scenes are ready as it looks like a big rebuilding job this summer.

​​​

Comment

Not so sure about Smith between the sticks and Lumley leading the line.

Comment

Lumley.
                      Chair
                      Oteh.

Jesus I hope that’s not how we line up.

if we lose today we could genuinely be in league 1. I’ll base the below team on blind optimism that we stay in the championship and base it off the players we have atm -

Lumley

furlong/Rangel hall lynch bidwell

Wsolev/Smyth manning Cameron samuel

Smith Wells

if we get decent bids we will sell Leinster, Luongo, Freeman and Eze. Maybe not all 4 but I believe the first 3 will want a big move in the summer.

this would hopefully generate 15-20 mill for the club, which hopefully we’d have a little left in the pot to invest.

We have a very good league 1 team and a poor championship team!!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

if we lose today we could genuinely be in league 1. I’ll base the below team on blind optimism that we stay in the championship and base it off the players we have atm -

Lumley

Smith Wells
                        The thing is whatever we're left with, once contracts are up and the loans have gone back, wouldn't look out of place at league one level (bar freeman) yet that's what we'll be building from. A rebuild is on whatever division we find ourself in but better quality will obviously be needed for the championship.

I seem to say this around this time every year - I hope those in charge have plans in place for the summer. Various lists of targets for different scenarios.

Comment

As I’ve said before...would definitely try and get that Rotherham centre half Ojayi in and build the side around him

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
                            As I’ve said before...would definitely try and get that Rotherham centre half Ojayi in and build the side around him
                            agree he looked very impressive ,but 1 i reckon rotherham will stay up and demand a big fee, and 2 there will be top end champ clubs looking at him, if not prom teams, so its unlikely. Agree it would be a very good signing though. JN

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Lumley

Smith Wells

if we get decent bids we will sell Leinster, Luongo, Freeman and Eze. Maybe not all 4 but I believe the first 3 will want a big move in the summer.

this would hopefully generate 15-20 mill for the club, which hopefully we’d have a little left in the pot to invest.

We have a very good league 1 team and a poor championship team!!
                              wells no thanks. he couldn't care less and is a poor player. would rather get a hungry inform striker from the lower leagues who'd give 100% all the time, thinking James Norwood or John marquis. JN

Comment

Working...
                              X