Protests - The Thompson Family..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
    No defo Leeds and involving Thompson early 90s. Sure police horses on the pitch.
    The Leeds match was in 1993/94 and we lost 4-0

The Merger protest was in 1986787 and against Manchester City. I can't remember the result.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
      He sold year on year Seaman Parker Peacock Sinton Ferdinand ....selling finally caught up with us and it was
      always going to.....Les likes this model, and we will go the same way
      Seaman was replaced with an International Goalkeeper who had just played in the World Cup and considered one of the best behind the Iron Curtain.

Sinton was replaced by Trevor Sinclair who was considered one of the best young players outside the top flight.

Paul Parker was replaced by Darren Peacock who was already at the club but who was brought in so the former could be sold.

Peacock was replaced by Steve Yates who was considered one of the most consistent players outside the top division.

Everytime we sold a significant player the incumbent manager was given money to replace him and strengthen the squad and Trevor Francis, Howe and Gerry Francis made the most of this.

Rather than blame Thompson people should be pointing the finger at Wilkins who spent £5.4m on:

Mark Hatley

Simon Osborne

Gregory Goodridge

Jurgen Sommer

Ned Zelic

Lee Charles

We were getting 11000 crowds and people think we could turn down the money we were offered for the players who left ...

Comment

The above posts is exactly why I asked this question and thanks for your responses so far..

I dont think anybody can disagree that under Uncle Bungles regime as Chairman has it been nothing short of a catastrophe. And oh, before anybody pipes up saying he isnt the chairman any more he is still the majority shareholder, this Amit in control nonsense is just club spin to shield the crap from himself.

He took over when we were 16th in The Premier League. He has wasted over a quarter of a billion pounds to find us today - 18th in The Championship and deep in the crap with the way he has ran QPR resulting in this FFP fine which is crippling us which will take years and years to recover from, thats if we do ever recover from it at all. A QUARTER OF A BILLION POUNDS and we are facing a potential relegation to league one.

He talks about the new ground and training facilities whilst not one single brick has been laid but still a vast amount of the fans still fall for all his old waffle because he comes across as a nice bloke, he drinks in the pubs with the fans, he does keepy fxxking uppies with Sandro, he says that he cares about the club but the stone cold sober truth is this man cannot be trusted when it comes to our beloved QPR (& Loftus Road) and if Jim Gregory can try to sell the ground from beneath our feet ( we protested then! ) then it goes without saying that Uncle Phoney can too.

He upset Cargiant with his arrogance and is doing exactly the same now with H&F council now regarding land he doesnt own which will result , if it ever happens in us leaving W12 and playing our football in Staines or worse still Slough.

So, to my point. (Thank Christ I hear you scream) Why as fans are we allowing this total mismanagement to continue to happen? My post about the Thompson family makes my point, we protested for far less trivial matters back then but now we are allowing these present owners to get away with way worse crimes when it comes to how we are being run as a club.

I simply dont understand how impartial and diluted we as fans have become when it comes to showing some heart and passion for this, our great club which is getting royally f*cked month after month, year after year with very little being said and even less being done to actually stop this by us the fans.

Clint Hill once said if you let standards slip as a club you are in big trouble, I feel that is happening to us as now as fans, we are slowly but surely letting our own standard drop as supporters and its resulting in allowing these dreadful owners to get away with blue murder when it comes to how OUR club is getting run.

Im sorry if this is coming across a rant, Im no writer but I do care about QPR and I honestly think its time we stand up and let the owners know that enough is enough, Christ we even protested against Tango and Cash and again, they were not a patch on these clowns were they, were they?!?!?

My sincere hope is that we can force these charlatans out with fan power like we have done in the past and dont believe the myth that we are not an attractive club for some new wealthy new owner. We are a very buyable club even in this financial mess that we find ourselves in, caused up TF and his mates, we are in a prime location in London, we have a fantastic heritage and with the right owners we could again become the terrific little club we once were, punching above our weight and upsetting the odds again and whilst nothing ever comes with any guarantees, anything would be better then what we have put up with under this Tony Fernandes led consortium of clowns no?

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
          The above posts is exactly why I asked this question and thanks for your responses so far..

I dont think anybody can disagree that under Uncle Bungles regime as Chairman has it been nothing short of a catastrophe. And oh, before anybody pipes up saying he isnt the chairman any more he is still the majority shareholder, this Amit in control nonsense is just club spin to shield the crap from himself.

He took over when we were 16th in The Premier League. He has wasted over a quarter of a billion pounds to find us today - 18th in The Championship and deep in the crap with the way he has ran QPR resulting in this FFP fine which is crippling us which will take years and years to recover from, thats if we do ever recover from it at all. A QUARTER OF A BILLION POUNDS and we are facing a potential relegation to league one.

He talks about the new ground and training facilities whilst not one single brick has been laid but still a vast amount of the fans still fall for all his old waffle because he comes across as a nice bloke, he drinks in the pubs with the fans, he does keepy fxxking uppies with Sandro, he says that he cares about the club but the stone cold sober truth is this man cannot be trusted when it comes to our beloved QPR (& Loftus Road) and if Jim Gregory can try to sell the ground from beneath our feet ( we protested then! ) then it goes without saying that Uncle Phoney can too.

He upset Cargiant with his arrogance and is doing exactly the same now with H&F council now regarding land he doesnt own which will result , if it ever happens in us leaving W12 and playing our football in Staines or worse still Slough.

So, to my point. (Thank Christ I hear you scream) Why as fans are we allowing this total mismanagement to continue to happen? My post about the Thompson family makes my point, we protested for far less trivial matters back then but now we are allowing these present owners to get away with way worse crimes when it comes to how we are being run as a club.

I simply dont understand how impartial and diluted we as fans have become when it comes to showing some heart and passion for this, our great club which is getting royally f*cked month after month, year after year with very little being said and even less being done to actually stop this by us the fans.

Clint Hill once said if you let standards slip as a club you are in big trouble, I feel that is happening to us as now as fans, we are slowly but surely letting our own standard drop as supporters and its resulting in allowing these dreadful owners to get away with blue murder when it comes to how OUR club is getting run.

Im sorry if this is coming across a rant, Im no writer but I do care about QPR and I honestly think its time we stand up and let the owners know that enough is enough, Christ we even protested against Tango and Cash and again, they were not a patch on these clowns were they, were they?!?!?

My sincere hope is that we can force these charlatans out with fan power like we have done in the past and dont believe the myth that we are not an attractive club for some new wealthy new owner. We are a very buyable club even in this financial mess that we find ourselves in, caused up TF and his mates, we are in a prime location in London, we have a fantastic heritage and with the right owners we could again become the terrific little club we once were, punching above our weight and upsetting the odds again and whilst nothing ever comes with any guarantees, anything would be better then what we have put up with under this Tony Fernandes led consortium of clowns no?
          Great post and far from 'Im sorry if this is coming across a rant, Im no writer' as you declare it is one I wish everyone would read.

Richard Thompson was a great Chairman - the best after Jim Gregory - and its sad that it is taken nearly a quarter of a century for fans to feel ok coming out and condemning the protests against him.

The current board are the 2nd worst in our history after those who tried to turn us into a 'boutique' club and they deserve the protests Thompson got. They caused us to receive a £40m fine with their reckless spending which nearly put us out of business and yet what's the general consensus among the fans? 'Those #######s at the Football League, how dare they ask that clubs operate within their means!'...Turn your hatred to those who put us in this predicament FFS.

One thing I slightly disagree with you with is the desire that we are bought by a wealthy owner. I want an owner who has great business sense and doesn't feel the need for QPR to be buying Brazilian internationals and negotiating deals with AC Milan and Real Madrid. We are, as you say, a small team whose history is punctuated by moments where we have punched above our weight.

Comment

Thanks Eric. And yes, of course you are right. It isn't about having wealthy owners either, I would just take owners who had half a idea on how to run a football club and not the circus we are all following now. I can also see the future, the only time we will protest over these current owners is when we get relegated to league one whether it will be this season or next.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              He sold year on year Seaman Parker Peacock Sinton Ferdinand ....selling finally caught up with us and it was
              always going to.....Les likes this model, and we will go the same way
              If only we had players of same quality to sell.

Comment

Freeman will go this summer. Maybe even Eze if we get the right offer.

Comment

Working...
                X