Sack him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shania View Post

Can we afford a capacity like David Wagner? I guess his wages will be too high.
    Way too high and seems to be highly thought of for the job he did at Huddersfield. Suspect he be looking upper Championship/lower Premiership if he stays in this country.

As for us I would say one of:

1. Reasonably well rated League 1/2 manager looking to make step up.
    2. Someone who has failed at last job but looking to get back up again having done ok prior to that.
    3. Foreign manager looking for a route into English football but not able to get a break further up the food chain.

Any of those could work or be yet another poor appointment. Much as we criticise the board don't envy them these kind of decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Way too high and seems to be highly thought of for the job he did at Huddersfield. Suspect he be looking upper Championship/lower Premiership if he stays in this country.

2. Someone who has failed at last job but looking to get back up again having done ok prior to that.
      3. Foreign manager looking for a route into English football but not able to get a break further up the food chain.

Any of those could work or be yet another poor appointment. Much as we criticise the board don't envy them these kind of decisions.

That is true. On paper, Olli and SM have seemed like reasonably good choices..But what I would like us to do now is to go for a young foreigner with fresh ideas.

QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

This image shows that it isn't just us who go through really bad runs and good runs; and kept their manager.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post

This image shows that it isn't just us who go through really bad runs and good runs; and kept their manager.
          When did Bristol city play Wolves this season?

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

When did Bristol city play Wolves this season?
            FA cup

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post

He did good runs and was lively but it didn't lead to anything at all. Made childish error near the sideline which lead to their winner. Wszolek on the other hand was both lively and effective. Only my opinions, not the objective truth..
              That was a bad error agreed. We had several chances to get rid of that ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Clapton is God View Post

What part is rubbish?

Up to and including 31st October 2017 our record was; P 15 W 5 D 6 L 4.

The next 31 games saw just 10 wins and 6 draws.

If you think the board could take a chance on a manager who - with those stats - would rack up 40 - 45 points over a full season when they knew what was coming then you are as mad as everyone says you are.

Pinkie, Oly got sacked because the last 6 months he was in charge was a disaster/failure/not acceptable... Why do you feel the need to defend a man who walked away with a healthy pay out for failure?
                Clapton, I am afraid you get your math wrong.

On average you normally need 1 point per game to stay up. Most years 46 points from 46 matches will guide you to safety. There are seasons where 40 points has been sufficient and seasons you would get relegated with 52 points, but with 50 points you are safe 9 out of 10 seasons and often safe with 46.

We got 56 last season. You build you argument of Holloway's relegation form by referring to the last two thirds of the season. According your information those 31 matches only delivered 36 points (10 wins and six draws). However, this is 1.16 points a match. On a whole season this average runs up to a total of 54 points. That's guaranteed safety, with quite some margin. So you are talking nonsense when you claim this is relegation form. To call someone like Pinkie mad when he points to the shortcoming of you analysis when you go on to conclude 36 points from 31 matches "would just rack up 40-45 points" over a full season when it actually adds up to 54 does not reflect badly on Pinkie, but on another man.

I don't want Holloway back now. But it is obvious that with a weaker squad than today he beat relegation by a country mile. It is no reason to believe he would not have done equally well or better this season. To say something else has little basis in facts, nor performance and development during the 2017/2018 season.

The nightmare we are facing now is not 1,16 points on average. We have now gone 11 league matches with just one win, where we have got 4 points out of a possible 33. That it 0,36 points per match. On a full season this would give us 17 points. Moreover, the problem seems to be that we are getting worse and worse, save for the one match against Leeds. Right now it looks really depressive. McClaren does not seem to be able to develop players, and he seems tactically naive compared to Holloway, which was far from a tactical genius. However, my biggest argument against him is his recruitment policy. Only focusing on short term loans and veteran signings cannot be the way ahead for a club that is desperate to find and develop players we can sell on with a profit. It could be a recipe for short term success, but is simply not sustainable for a club like QPR

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

Clapton, I am afraid you get your math wrong.

On average you normally need 1 point per game to stay up. Most years 46 points from 46 matches will guide you to safety. There are seasons where 40 points has been sufficient and seasons you would get relegated with 52 points, but with 50 points you are safe 9 out of 10 seasons and often safe with 46.

We got 56 last season. You build you argument of Holloway's relegation form by referring to the last two thirds of the season. According your information those 31 matches only delivered 36 points (10 wins and six draws). However, this is 1.16 points a match. On a whole season this average runs up to a total of 54 points. That's guaranteed safety, with quite some margin. So you are talking nonsense when you claim this is relegation form. To call someone like Pinkie mad when he points to the shortcoming of you analysis when you go on to conclude 36 points from 31 matches "would just rack up 40-45 points" over a full season when it actually adds up to 54 does not reflect badly on Pinkie, but on another man.

I don't want Holloway back now. But it is obvious that with a weaker squad than today he beat relegation by a country mile. It is no reason to believe he would not have done equally well or better this season. To say something else has little basis in facts, nor performance and development during the 2017/2018 season.

The nightmare we are facing now is not 1,16 points on average. We have now gone 11 league matches with just one win, where we have got 4 points out of a possible 33. That it 0,36 points per match. On a full season this would give us 17 points. Moreover, the problem seems to be that we are getting worse and worse, save for the one match against Leeds. Right now it looks really depressive. McClaren does not seem to be able to develop players, and he seems tactically naive compared to Holloway, which was far from a tactical genius. However, my biggest argument against him is his recruitment policy. Only focusing on short term loans and veteran signings cannot be the way ahead for a club that is desperate to find and develop players we can sell on with a profit. It could be a recipe for short term success, but is simply not sustainable for a club like QPR

Well, the board thought it was relegation form and they definitely don't think it was a weaker squad last season either.

​​​​​They didn't trust Holloway with what most people agree is a weaker permanent squad and I don't blame them. Why would you trust a man with a proven record of failure at this level when you knew what was around the corner and how many clubs have come calling for Holloway since...

And McClaren has been a failure, and will possibly relegate us. However, that doesn't change the fact that Holloway is a serial loser who would have taken us down.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

That’s about the crux of it. Because of our situation there will be an element of risk with any manager we are willing to accept and any manager willing to accept us.
                    Same applies to players to be honest.
                    Without investment in the team on the horizon, in fact with by far our best player likely to be leaving before next season,
                    we’re far from an attractive proposition for a lot of managers.
                    Personally think the club will be putting the cart before the horse if they sack the manager but don’t address our lack of quality on the pitch.
                    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                    Will Danaher

Comment

It's just too easily to sack a manager, it's a shame we can't sack players in the same way!!! It would soon make players think about playing with heart and effort for the badge if their livelihood is on the line and at risk!

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post

He did good runs and was lively but it didn't lead to anything at all. Made childish error near the sideline which lead to their winner. Wszolek on the other hand was both lively and effective. Only my opinions, not the objective truth..
                        I have looked at this again and I think it was Furlong who conceded the free kick although there were several chance to clear that ball. Very frustrating.,

Comment

Working...
                        X