Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    Sorry Olly!

The grass ain't greener, we miss you, we love you!

LEGEND
    If 'Oly' is/was that great then why is he currently not managing?

He may be a club 'legend' to some - though I am not alone in thinking he was an average player and an embarrassment as a manager, both times - but the veneration and the haigraphrapy is beyond ridiculous.

He was not a huge success last season and, as I said on another thread, we weren't as 'safe' as some keep pretending.

Comment

Oli has admitted himself he was an average player, one that did the dirty work to allow the better players to thrive. He did that perfectly for a while.

As for his time as manager being an embarrassment - really? The club was on its knees when he galvanised it the first time round. He's no great, but put some respect on his name.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
        Heres northolts same stick or twist thread on loftforwords, funny how no ones giving grief for mentioning mac or ollie

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...k-or-twist/#40
        Some good points made on that thread.

We are where we are and I'm not suggesting SM should be sacked and Olly reinstated. But I do think the reasons for changing was flawed and in my opinion we have not progressed taking into account the financial cost of this switch. Others will see that differently,

Why this subject has driven people away from this MB seems odd. Normally hese things happen on a bad day, you switch MBs and stay because it's new. Its all a bit of fun really and shouldn't get your blood boiling.

Sorry Olly, you were treated appallingly. The King is dead long live the King.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
          Oli has admitted himself he was an average player, one that did the dirty work to allow the better players to thrive. He did that perfectly for a while.

As for his time as manager being an embarrassment - really? The club was on its knees when he galvanised it the first time round. He's no great, but put some respect on his name.
          Did he galvanise it through great leadership or by acting like a clown and using daft sayings to deflect from his shortcomings

If you looked at any forums for other clubs when he did have success there the general consensus was that the success was in spite of him and he was an embarrassment. He is not revvered anywhere else except here.

Comment

Stick to music Eric!
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Some good points made on that thread.

We are where we are and I'm not suggesting SM should be sacked and Olly reinstated. But I do think the reasons for changing was flawed and in my opinion we have not progressed taking into account the financial cost of this switch. Others will see that differently,

Why this subject has driven people away from this MB seems odd. Normally hese things happen on a bad day, you switch MBs and stay because it's new. Its all a bit of fun really and shouldn't get your blood boiling.

Sorry Olly, you were treated appallingly. The King is dead long live the King.
              The reason why the subject of Ollie drives people mad is because it adds absolutely nothing new to the discussion about our club and what needs to be done to improve things.
              Ollie is in the past. Bringing his name into every other post is merely an opportunity for you, Pinkie and a few others to start up the whole you were right and everybody else was wrong point, which has been done to death.
              Its pathetic, imature and fu cking boring.
              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
              Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Clapton is God View Post

Did he galvanise it through great leadership or by acting like a clown and using daft sayings to deflect from his shortcomings

If you looked at any forums for other clubs when he did have success there the general consensus was that the success was in spite of him and he was an embarrassment. He is not revvered anywhere else except here.
                So what? He can act the clown at times but has served this club well. I bet Blackpool fans would love another period where their success is in spite of whatever manager they have in charge.

Comment

Tbh itso so are youre boring biting comments and snide remarks, like i said you cant control what people want to talk about, the lot who`ve just left did that, hence probably why there new sites like fort knox to get in & not listed anywhere lol

If you dont agree or like dont bother reading or posting simple, very easy
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                    Stick to music Eric!

OK, so if I am talkng ######## why does every Crystal Palace I know either dislike him or are glad to be rid of him?

Similary, why were Blackpool fans - on their forums - glad to be shot of him and were dreading his potential return when he got sacked by Crystal Palace?

Why are we the only set of fans who revere him?

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post

The reason why the subject of Ollie drives people mad is because it adds absolutely nothing new to the discussion about our club and what needs to be done to improve things.
                      Ollie is in the past. Bringing his name into every other post is merely an opportunity for you, Pinkie and a few others to start up the whole you were right and everybody else was wrong point, which has been done to death.
                      Its pathetic, imature and fu cking boring.
                      Thanks for getting involved in the debate though. Clearly a subject you want to get involved in and have your say.

Whether this expensive change is deemed successful will ultimately be the subject of a Board discussion. It will be an interesting summer. This may have the last throw of the dice as we settle for lower Championship football or League 1 in the next five seasons. Relegation is rarely a disaster in my my opinion, it's an opportunity to see your team win more games than they lose.

Comment

So what? He can act the clown at times but has served this club well. I bet Blackpool fans would love another period where their success is in spite of whatever manager they have in charge.
                        No one is saying don't like his clowning around only that some of us didn't enjoy it or finf it endearing and some of us don't rever him. Also, that it should be acknowledged that he used it as a deflection trick.

We may be in the minority here but not so with the clubs he brought 'success' to: placed in inverted commas because Palace were on course for automatic promotion before they appointed him but ended up scraping through the play offs. I wonder why he's not revered there...

Comment

No one is saying don't like his clowning around only that some of us didn't enjoy it or finf it endearing and some of us don't rever him. Also, that it should be acknowledged that he used it as a deflection trick.

We may be in the minority here but not so with the clubs he brought 'success' to: placed in inverted commas because Palace were on course for automatic promotion before they appointed him but ended up scraping through the play offs. I wonder why he's not revered there...
                          To be honest Eric I couldn't careless what fans of other clubs think of him. I appreciate what he did for the club as player and manager. He's also one of those rare breed that had no connection to the club before joining but got what it meant to the fans to play for, and manage, this club. As I said before by no means a great but always gave his all.

Comment

To be honest Eric I couldn't careless what fans of other clubs think of him. I appreciate what he did for the club as player and manager. He's also one of those rare breed that had no connection to the club before joining but got what it meant to the fans to play for, and manage, this club. As I said before by no means a great but always gave his all.
                            And that is entirely your right too.

I'm just trying to present the other side of the story.

Comment

Thanks for getting involved in the debate though. Clearly a subject you want to get involved in and have your say.

Whether this expensive change is deemed successful will ultimately be the subject of a Board discussion. It will be an interesting summer. This may have the last throw of the dice as we settle for lower Championship football or League 1 in the next five seasons. Relegation is rarely a disaster in my my opinion, it's an opportunity to see your team win more games than they lose.
                              You’re welcome.
                              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                              Will Danaher

Comment

And that is entirely your right too.

I'm just trying to present the other side of the story.
                                Calling his (first) time as manager embarrassing isn't the other side of the story though, is it. Embarrassing would be the numerous managers under Flavio, Mark Hughes spell etc. Even his second spell you could say he did exactly what was expected of him, especially seeing Mac struggle with a squad on a par/if not better than what Oli had

Comment

Working...
                                X