• Show
Clear All

• qpr
    replied
    Not bothered about Hamed, adore Nakhi Wells however

Leave a comment:

• Rich
    replied
    Paul Smyth is the answer for next season playing off big Smith. Smyth is a very quick player who can finish

Leave a comment:

• Clapton is God
    replied
    Originally posted by Hope & Faith View Post
    Wow, tough crowd...

Wells has been superb this season, imho, and Id move heaven and earth to sign him...
    He hasn't been superb, has he?

Fitted in well for the most part and made a few decent runs/and efforts here and there? Yes, I'd agree but he hasn't been superb.

We won't be fighting to sign him if we can afford the asking price if they want to sell him.

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    Originally posted by Hope & Faith View Post
    Wow, tough crowd...

Wells has been superb this season, imho, and Id move heaven and earth to sign him...
    I like Wells, I just think we need someone who can return more than 6 goals in 29 league games. I suppose you could really question the service he gets, although I've seen him miss the target more than hit it recently.

Leave a comment:

• Hope & Faith
    replied
    Wow, tough crowd...

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    At one point I guess Sam Vokes. Billy Sharp, Asley Barnes, Steve Morrison and Jamie Vardy(Fleetwood) i.e- were strikers we could have had.. But now, many seasons on, we are still struggling to get anyone in on a permanent deal.. Bottomline. clever scouting is needed...
    Last edited by Shania; 13-03-2019, 08:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Itsonlyagame
    replied
    Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    We need an out and out goalscorer. Must be someone in the lower leagues that can step up a level, because we certainly won't be able to afford anyone from this division.
    I would love us to uncover a lower league player but it’s nearly always a bit of a punt, a la Washington.
    Personslly think we should do what we can to keep Wells.
    His combined stats for his time at Bradford and Huddersfield are 86 goals in 234 games. Thats better than a goal every 3 games which isn’t too shabby at all. Couple that with his work rate and you have a great asset to the team imo.
    Take your point about what we can afford though so slight wishful thinking on my part maybe.

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    We need an out and out goalscorer. Must be someone in the lower leagues that can step up a level, because we certainly won't be able to afford anyone from this division.

Leave a comment:

• Martinmalta
    replied
    We are insisting to play a player that wants to leave, while ignoring a player of our own. Now I know that Matt Smith has his problems. Slow, cannot chase etc. However, last season was our top scorer and this season… in the very few starts ha had, he still managed five or six goals. Playing him at home with BOS and Pawel on the wings and Luke as no. 10 will surely bring the goals.

Leave a comment:

• Clapton is God
    replied
    Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Would rather we look elsewhere in the summer for replacements for Hemed AND Wells.
    We need a good old fashioned centre forward.

Someone like - and please read to the end of the sentence - Mark Hately when he was at Portsmouth and Rangers. Someone who will take up the attention of the defence and who can form a good partnership with another forward.

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    Would rather we look elsewhere in the summer for replacements for Hemed AND Wells.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Both of them suffer from poor service. With an attacking set-up with BOS and Pawel as out and out wingers, I`m sure they would deliver. However with Cameron out and Furlong(still a bit to learn) as a fullback, they both have to concentrate too much on tracking back.
    Last edited by Shania; 04-03-2019, 08:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jamesnutt
    replied
    Agree hemed is bad but seeing some people STILL wan k over wells .... JN

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    replied
    I'd take Wells personally because our financial predicament will not allow us to sign anyone better plus he's done alright for us.

Leave a comment:

• Rebel R's
    replied
    I agree,I wouldn't want him to sign either or wells

Leave a comment:

Working...
X