Four wins and two draws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four wins and two draws

Needed to.match last seasons points total of 56.

it would be nice to hit 60 points if only to have actual proof of progress.

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    Needed to.match last seasons points total of 56.

it would be nice to hit 60 points if only to have actual proof of progress.
    Hard to show progress with the ffp situation , I think progress is staying in this division and keep blooding youngsters .If chair and smyth are regulars next season then that is also progress not necessarily related to our points tally or league position.

Comment

Given our current form,one win in two months it is very hard to see us matching or beating last year's points total,looking at our remaining fixtures I think 10 points is a realistic target,and we'd definetly be safe with that

Comment

We still have our injured loanees due back in next week or 2 Rebs. I feel confident we can at the very least match last seasons point total.
        That being said, as many have already said, this season is about staying up then pushing on next season with our youth.
        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
        Work Best When Open...
        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
          Given our current form,one win in two months it is very hard to see us matching or beating last year's points total,looking at our remaining fixtures I think 10 points is a realistic target,and we'd definetly be safe with that
          I’ll take that bet. 20 says we stay up and 50 we beat last seasons tally.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post

I’ll take that bet. 20 says we stay up and 50 we beat last seasons tally.
            Hal badgered me into that bet in the end pmming me and straight away as it wasnt looking good for his side of the bets disappeared, very poor show on his behalf, i could of sworn i placed the bet with him before we got our loans in, but stood the bet & hes done one since the bad run of defeats.

Our bet was just on hal thinking we'll of done better than last season under mac & me not, still plenty of points to play for so we could easily get more than last seasons 56 tally.

£50 was the bet aswell.
            Last edited by Pinkie; 01-03-2019, 09:02 AM.
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

A Brentford 1 point
              H Stoke 3 points
              H Rotherham 3 points
              A Hull 0 points
              H Bolton 3 points
              A Norwich 0 points
              A Millwall 1 point
              H Swansea 1 point
              H Blackburn 1 point
              A Frank lampards Derby 0 points
              H Forest 3 points
              A Sheff Weds 0 points

16 more points 58 in total

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                A Brentford 1 point
                H Stoke 3 points
                H Rotherham 3 points
                A Hull 0 points
                H Bolton 3 points
                A Norwich 0 points
                A Millwall 1 point
                H Swansea 1 point
                H Blackburn 1 point
                A Frank lampards Derby 0 points
                H Forest 3 points
                A Sheff Weds 0 points

16 more points 58 in total
                thats a pretty realistic prediction imo. i don't think we'll beat forest at home but even so i think we have a good chance of beating swansea, blackburn and millwall

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

thats a pretty realistic prediction imo. i don't think we'll beat forest at home but even so i think we have a good chance of beating swansea, blackburn and millwall
                  The Wall will be fighting the drop so a point away will be good.

Swanseas's and Blackburn's seasons will be over by the time we play them so got to be looking for at least one win and draw, but hopefully two home wins.

I think we're capable of 60 points and that would be a decent season in.my opinion with the cup run too.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

The Wall will be fighting the drop so a point away will be good.

Swanseas's and Blackburn's seasons will be over by the time we play them so got to be looking for at least one win and draw, but hopefully two home wins.

I think we're capable of 60 points and that would be a decent season in.my opinion with the cup run too.
                    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

whatever happens from this point in - it is a better season than last season - the football is for the most part enjoyable to watch even in defeat. a decent cup run, introduction of some of our youth and the potential of more. there is a real sense that this is the season that we have stabilised the ship.

Comment

Yeah but who saw 3 pts against Leeds coming? Trouble with us is we're very likely to lose at home to Bolton and then inexplicably win at Norwich..... No real consistency. I'd be happy with simply going unbeaten at home in remaining games and putting up a fight in remaining away games. I still think that this season is the first time in a very long time there hasn't been an acrid stench of doom, gloom, misery and boredom hovering over LR all season. As long as we stay up 45/55/65 points is irrelevant to me really.

Comment

I think it has been an improvement, hugely inconsistent, but an improvement over all, some good wins, few young players coming through, a bit of a cup run (by our standards at least), a win away at Forest. If we can finish safe with around 55-60 points, I'd say we have done OK, particularly after such an terrible start.

Comment

Despite losing 8 out of last 9 league matches we have done OK overall.

I hope we can match last seasons total of 56 points, but think we are more likely to end around 50. That's three more wins a a couple of draws. 45 points is likely enough to stay up and with 50 points it is bullet proof.

If we end around 50 points we have obviously not gone forward, slightly backwards. With a decent cup run we might say we have been standing still, which isn't such a bad achievement, as it was never easy to exceed the results of last season, when we finished 15 points clear of relegation (now we are nine points clear). In hindsight, even Holloway-haters have to admit 56 points was actually alright, given the squad we have.

I see some are linking progress to style of play. There is just one thing that matters in football and that's the points. Style of play may be prettier to the eye but doesn't count for anything I am afraid. Style of play is choice of tactics to reach the goal, which is to win matches. If style of plays matters I rather watch some of the better European teams on the telly than QPR. When I watch QPR I only care about one thing and that is to win. To win ugly gives an equally good feeling as to win pretty. I rather win with route one tactics than draw with a possession based style with lots of smooth play.

Comment

No offence Oslo but if we ever resorted to route one week in week out, just to finish a few places up the table, that would be a very sad day indeed. We are far from Barcelona but route one week after week wouldn’t even win us too many games and I imagine most of our fans, particularly the older ones, would detest that way of playing, even if it meant finishing with a few more points on the board.
                              Last edited by Itsonlyagame; 02-03-2019, 08:56 PM.
                              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                              Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                              X