Daily mail still on new stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily mail still on new stadium

For what it's worth the daily snail report a 45.000 on the linford Christy , at a cost of 425m mail on line

• QPR are assessing their options to move into a new 45,000 capacity stadium
    • It would come as part of £425m development plans from the local council
    • The report has four options to develop the Linford Christie athletics stadium
    • Plans for a hi-tech roof include enabling pitch to be lifted during indoor events
    • This would mean for concerts the pitch would form the roof and be undamaged
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...velopment.html

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      For what it's worth the daily snail report a 45.000 on the linford Christy , at a cost of 425m mail on line
      Stopped reading at '45,000'.

Even our board - who I find incredibly egotistic and self promoting - aren't stupid enough to believe that we need such a sized stadium.

Load of nonsense.

Comment

I think the capacity would be for 'other' events, with an option to section of large parts of the ground when we was playing. Can't see any other logical reason to build a capacity over twice our highest home gate.
        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
        Work Best When Open...
        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

If you read the article there are four options, option four being a 35,000 capacity stadium funded by the occupier. That would be best for us. A bigger version of Loftus Road, same layout with more leg room and no restricted views, steep stands close to the pitch, that would be perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Clapton is God View Post

Stopped reading at '45,000'.

Even our board - who I find incredibly egotistic and self promoting - aren't stupid enough to believe that we need such a sized stadium.

Load of nonsense.
            There is also an option for a 35,000 seat stadium. The half of the stadium that would always be empty on match days might come I handy for the odd pop concert.
            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
            Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post

There is also an option for a 35,000 seat stadium. The half of the stadium that would always be empty on match days might come I handy for the odd pop concert.
              There isn't a demand for a concert venue in this part of the World so it's completely delusional. Especially at that size.

The bands/acts who can justify a significantly large capacity are going to Hyde Park, Olympic Stadium or Wembley Stadium for the prestige. Springsteen even played in what was effectively a gravel car park outside the Olympic Stadium in 2013 just so they could call it an Olympic Stadium gig.

We're about 20 years behind the times if we genuinely think there's room for another concert venue of such size in London.

Comment

Take a look at BC Place stadium in Vancouver, it can be converted from a 22,000 stadium for MLS or 54,000 for American “style” Football

https://www.bcplace.com/the-stadium

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

3 sides of the stadium closed on match days , no thanks

Comment

I said this years ago and I'll say it again. It will take us years to find a site, years to build it and it will be our home for the next 100+ years. They aren't gonna spend all that time, money or effort for a 30 or 35k stadium. It'll be 40k as a minimum with room to expand. And thats what it should be. No we wont fill it now, but we are thinking long term here.

Comment

Wasn't really explained properly. Most choices involve us leasing from Council. Would this be for football only? Would they get the money from other usage? The thing that stands out it is costing them £289Kper annum to maintain for a nil return. Without us it would be a very expensive build for them for very little revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                        Wasn't really explained properly. Most choices involve us leasing from Council. Would this be for football only? Would they get the money from other usage? The thing that stands out it is costing them £289Kper annum to maintain for a nil return. Without us it would be a very expensive build for them for very little revenue.
                        I think the idea is the council pay for the build and we pay long term rent to them to play football there. They make all the money from other events. Not sure how that fits in with Tony’s property development ideas unless he gets part of the surrounding land to build homes on.
                        Having said all that I know next to fuk all about it so maybe someone else had a clearer picture.
                        Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Clapton is God View Post

There isn't a demand for a concert venue in this part of the World so it's completely delusional. Especially at that size.

The bands/acts who can justify a significantly large capacity are going to Hyde Park, Olympic Stadium or Wembley Stadium for the prestige. Springsteen even played in what was effectively a gravel car park outside the Olympic Stadium in 2013 just so they could call it an Olympic Stadium gig.

We're about 20 years behind the times if we genuinely think there's room for another concert venue of such size in London.

Fair point.
                          Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                            I said this years ago and I'll say it again. It will take us years to find a site, years to build it and it will be our home for the next 100+ years. They aren't gonna spend all that time, money or effort for a 30 or 35k stadium. It'll be 40k as a minimum with room to expand. And thats what it should be. No we wont fill it now, but we are thinking long term here.
                            disagree think it will be around 25k , with something like the mk dons model where they can go up if needed

Comment

For gods sake just get on with it, I would like to go to it before I die.

Comment

Working...
                              X