West london sports.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West london sports.......

I`m glad that ollies pipped up be it brief, ive not listened to the radio interview, but glad hes pipped up considering the cack he got....
    Ian Holloway has told Love Sport Radio he believes a number of QPR youngsters should be featuring more under Steve McClaren. Paul Smyth and particularly Ryan Manning caught the eye under Holloway before he was sacked as Rangers manager and replaced by McClaren last summer. Smyth is currently on loan at Accrington Stanley, while Manning …
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Holloway should mind his own business and concentrate more on his own team and club.

Oh, hang on a minute he hasn't got one.!

Nuff said.

Comment

That’s it then. That article clearly proves you/he were right and your/his critics were wrong. Simples, no question about it, case closed your honour....
      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
      Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
        That’s it then. That article clearly proves you/he were right and your/his critics were wrong. Simples, no question about it, case closed your honour....
        All jokes aside though, if we get under 5pts to relegation in the next few wks then we really need to bring him back. Only man that would keep us up plus take the job if we apologized
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I thought some of the younger players were going to get more of a chance this year, especially Paul Smyth.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

All jokes aside though, if we get under 5pts to relegation in the next few wks then we really need to bring him back. Only man that would keep us up plus take the job if we apologized
            I thought you said all jokes aside...
            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
            Will Danaher

Comment

If we lose against Leeds and Brentford we could well find ourselves six points off relegation by Saturday afternoon. Reading is away to Ipswich, which is very winnable and Rotherham is at home to a Blackburn team that has lost contact with the playoff and has little to play for.

However, even though I understand the wish to bring Holloway back to get us out of this ####, I think we should stick with McClaren. When Cameron and Rangel are back and we face some easier opponents I am sure we will get the necessary points on board to stay up. That's more than enough for me. We have had our fair share of bad luck recently and we are capable of getting a couple of wins to stay up. I value stability and I think McClaren should be allowed to continue with his plan, including changes to the squad during the summer transfer window.

There are better managers in UK than McClaren and that includes Holloway, but we cannot just dump every manager after a bad spell or two - consistency in management is a very important factor in football as well as in other businesses and I believe this will serve us best long terms. It was a big mistake to let Holloway go, but I see no reason to repeat the mistake by firing SM.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

If we lose against Leeds and Brentford we could well find ourselves six points off relegation by Saturday afternoon. Reading is away to Ipswich, which is very winnable and Rotherham is at home to a Blackburn team that has lost contact with the playoff and has little to play for.

However, even though I understand the wish to bring Holloway back to get us out of this ####, I think we should stick with McClaren. When Cameron and Rangel are back and we face some easier opponents I am sure we will get the necessary points on board to stay up. That's more than enough for me. We have had our fair share of bad luck recently and we are capable of getting a couple of wins to stay up. I value stability and I think McClaren should be allowed to continue with his plan, including changes to the squad during the summer transfer window.

There are better managers in UK than McClaren and that includes Holloway, but we cannot just dump every manager after a bad spell or two - consistency in management is a very important factor in football as well as in other businesses and I believe this will serve us best long terms. It was a big mistake to let Holloway go, but I see no reason to repeat the mistake by firing SM.
                Yes. Totally agree here. DO believe SMC has given us stability. Bad luck aside, am only disappointed that our team has a certain style -- up pace, pressing, aggressive -- that when it's missing makes us look like a relegation-vulnerable club. Saw that in the last game v Borough. Have to turn this v Leeds. Cause the best defense this club has had all season is a take-no-prisoners, fast-moving offense.

Comment

Comment

FFS Does it matter who is manager when we have people at a higher level hold the club back ! I'm going to ask again have they used four years of parachute payment constructively or just plssed it up against the wall

Comment

Even though dont think he should of been fired im certainly not saying bring him back, as said on another thread i dont think it would help us at all sacking mac or any other manager, but do feel we`ve gone backwards a little with not sticking to using our youngsters more, itll certainly make next season an interesting one and can see the same thing happening again personally, mac has a few bad results trying to use the youngsters, then before you know it hes gone and got a load of loans in again.
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Even though dont think he should of been fired im certainly not saying bring him back, as said on another thread i dont think it would help us at all sacking mac or any other manager, but do feel we`ve gone backwards a little with not sticking to using our youngsters more, itll certainly make next season an interesting one and can see the same thing happening again personally, mac has a few bad results trying to use the youngsters, then before you know it hes gone and got a load of loans in again.
                        ...and when 2 loans and a freebie are injured we start losing.

Comment

Working...
                        X