How do we get out of this hole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shania View Post

IMO, I really can`t get why SM doesn`t do a "Solskjær" and say "It`s written in this club`s DNA to play attacking football".
    Like this. Most of the games during our losing streak were hard fought but fraught with bad luck. Yesterday, the game plan seems to have been to play defense and hope for a few counters. Then we fell behind 2-0. And our response? Pass it back and forth and back and forth on OUR side of the field. I get it that some feared we would do ever worse if we opened up the flood gates. But i thought the goal of this game is to go all out to win every game. None of that yesterday. Believe the manager may need to stop asking more of the players versus more of himself in designing an attacking, all out, blood and guts scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post

Like this. Most of the games during our losing streak were hard fought but fraught with bad luck. Yesterday, the game plan seems to have been to play defense and hope for a few counters. Then we fell behind 2-0. And our response? Pass it back and forth and back and forth on OUR side of the field. I get it that some feared we would do ever worse if we opened up the flood gates. But i thought the goal of this game is to go all out to win every game. None of that yesterday. Believe the manager may need to stop asking more of the players versus more of himself in designing an attacking, all out, blood and guts scheme.
      I think so, and BOS should be a part of such a set-up. He deseves more gametime based on last night`s apperance. He was very direct in his play..

QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Squad is limited and was always going to get exposed at some point IMO.

Best we can do is avoid relegation and try and shuffle the pack in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

it's stupidity of the highest order to blame players that arnt good enough !! They want to be good enough and generally try be but just have their limitations , surely now after four years the critics can now see where the fault lies , have we seen any benefit of four years of parachute payments ??

Comment

We overspent. Tony knew but stuck two fingers up and now here we are. Worse off than when he got mugged into buying the club by Tango & Cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Agreed. There’s not much can be done at the moment and in some ways, the things that should hopefully change our fortunes are going to happen anyway. A couple of key players returning soon and the amount of games per week reducing should be enough to see us over the line before we become embroiled in a real relegation dogfight.
              How we move forwards after this season is anyone’s guess but I’d personally stick with Steve.
              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
              Will Danaher

Comment

big problem is we're just not good enough , both full backs are weak , fail to defend properly and lose or take up wrong positions . we are where we are in the league as this is our true position , now and again we will play up and look good ( example freemans goal v WBA) we moved the ball quickly and we were slick , most of the time we slow the pace down and kick it between the defenders then when they get bored with that hoof it up , all this does is let the opposition get their shape back and get ready, we have to learn to mix up our play and not be so slow and obvious

Comment

People lost sight when we stated picking up points where maybe we weren't expeted to that before the season most "experts" had us down to finish pretty much where we are now.

Comment

Working...
                  X