How do we get out of this hole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do we get out of this hole?

I personally don't think sacking the manager is an option. He had us playing decent football and right up the table in December so I think he's bought himself some time with that.
    Do we go defensive and try to play for draws or 1-0 wins in order to pick up points? Besides Cameron and Angel coming back (if ever) I can't see how the team can be changed around too much . Hope Steve's got more ideas than me cos I can't see how he's gonna turn this around at the moment, other than maybe just a stroke of luck that gives us an unlikely kick start

We look tired and out of ideas, the mangers job is to motivate and organise, pretty big job I'd say.
    Hope he does it though, we have fallen like a stone of a rooftop.

Comment

thoroughly depressing, third 6+ run of defeats now in two seasons. Seriously lacking backbone and leaders at this club
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

No sacking the manager is no way to go it's easy to see it's above him where the fault lies , if anybody accepts that they in turn have to now accept that Holloway never got any credit for turning things around in the second half of last season posters are to quick to shout sack the manager and start name calling in Holloway's case hollowhead the idiot and even a cntu clever wasn't they , ??
        i hate losing to Pullis and his dog shlt football I saw the stats on yesterday's game and they look favourable to us showing we had more than 50% possession if this is to be believed it shows that with better players than us and being the home side they still played his brand of dross .
        This where I will get pelters S Mc his football has been good looking at the low level of general quality we have now me , I rather accept religation than scrape through under Pullis

Comment

I think FFP has seriously hampered us, we could have done with getting 1 or 2 more in January and letting a couple more go. Just hope like somebody posted the other day, we are coming to the end of our FFP journey whereas others in this league are just getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
            I think FFP has seriously hampered us, we could have done with getting 1 or 2 more in January and letting a couple more go. Just hope like somebody posted the other day, we are coming to the end of our FFP journey whereas others in this league are just getting started.
            Same for last season, maclaren needs to stop being so catious and rigid, and cut out all this lame passing back & sideways, and gives the players more freedom to go out there and have a go, and express themselves, and maybe introduce a youngster if we have any others who are decent, in my eyes this isnt about fair and the way we`ve stuck to playing, and getting rid of the loans leaving us nothing to freshen the games up with, a huge mistake by the manager.
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

start digging

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                No sacking the manager is no way to go it's easy to see it's above him where the fault lies , if anybody accepts that they in turn have to now accept that Holloway never got any credit for turning things around in the second half of last season posters are to quick to shout sack the manager and start name calling in Holloway's case hollowhead the idiot and even a cntu clever wasn't they , ??
                i hate losing to Pullis and his dog shlt football I saw the stats on yesterday's game and they look favourable to us showing we had more than 50% possession if this is to be believed it shows that with better players than us and being the home side they still played his brand of dross .
                This where I will get pelters S Mc his football has been good looking at the low level of general quality we have now me , I rather accept religation than scrape through under Pullis
                Holloway got plenty of credit from me. He did what was asked of him and got the sack. If SMC is such a great coach then he needs to turn things around pronto. I dont think SMC should get the sack, we've made our choice and should stick with him.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Holloway got plenty of credit from me. He did what was asked of him and got the sack. If SMC is such a great coach then he needs to turn things around pronto. I dont think SMC should get the sack, we've made our choice and should stick with him.
                  Credit from me too, instilled some passion and kept us up (just about) but I grew tired of his silly press conferences and weird team selections. Don't think we could afford to sack McLaren now anyway even if the club wanted to. I can't see how he's gonna turn it around. Easy to say "give the players more freedom to express themselves" Pinkie, but then what happens when we give the ball away and get countered by the opposition again. Also the decision to loan out half of our squad might not have been the managers decision so can't blame him for that

Comment

Credit from me too, instilled some passion and kept us up (just about) but I grew tired of his silly press conferences and weird team selections. Don't think we could afford to sack McLaren now anyway even if the club wanted to. I can't see how he's gonna turn it around. Easy to say "give the players more freedom to express themselves" Pinkie, but then what happens when we give the ball away and get countered by the opposition again. Also the decision to loan out half of our squad might not have been the managers decision so can't blame him for that
                    I thought the whole point was fpr SMC to play and develop the young lads introduced by Olly, not loan them out and bring in players on loans. That was not a luxury afforded to Olly.

I hope these boys play next year even if the only reason is because we're forced to because of finances. I thought that was the new model. Only exception is up front because we dont seem to have a young Gallen in the making.

Comment

Just cos the players attack more and express themselves doesnt mean we have to lose shape exactly upthers, all part of coaching and shapes, just need to get more on the attacking side of things, the amount of games we`ve not started to play properly til we go a goal or two down is not good enough, we need more positivity, and maclaren had stated it was him that wanted to send them out on loan upthers.
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I thought the whole point was fpr SMC to play and develop the young lads introduced by Olly, not loan them out and bring in players on loans. That was not a luxury afforded to Olly.

I hope these boys play next year even if the only reason is because we're forced to because of finances. I thought that was the new model. Only exception is up front because we dont seem to have a young Gallen in the making.
                        Yep a FEW did credit Holloway points but they did suffer mob attack , the thing is we have never had model stuck to , for the last four years 1st we flooded over 30 mainly dross players then we're told we will go for quality over quantity did anybody notice an upturn in quality ?? Then Holloway started useing the young players , then this season 4 senior players come in

Comment

We have tried everything with the squad we have. It's obvious we need fresh blood. Usually that would mean a new manager but think introducing Rangel or Cameron would be enough.

Comment

This is one of the best threads in a while. Believe SMC must now lose the stock answers in press conferences versus telling his players to pick up the pressure and pace to press the opposition more. Yesterday’s game was a total waste of time; the number of back and sideways passes blew my mind. We are behind, and Darnell, Grant and others are just passing the ball around with no nose to go for it. That’s got to stop — now — which is a manger’s chore. Reinsert Wells for Hemed (who is clearly just going through the motions). Tell Darnell to get more aggressive or bench in favor of Kakay. And tell Lumley that he MUST start the counters faster and better. If not, hunker down, cause the losing will continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                              This is one of the best threads in a while. Believe SMC must now lose the stock answers in press conferences versus telling his players to pick up the pressure and pace to press the opposition more. Yesterday’s game was a total waste of time; the number of back and sideways passes blew my mind. We are behind, and Darnell, Grant and others are just passing the ball around with no nose to go for it. That’s got to stop — now — which is a manger’s chore. Reinsert Wells for Hemed (who is clearly just going through the motions). Tell Darnell to get more aggressive or bench in favor of Kakay. And tell Lumley that he MUST start the counters faster and better. If not, hunker down, cause the losing will continue.
                              IMO, I really can`t get why SM doesn`t do a "Solskjær" and say "It`s written in this club`s DNA to play attacking football".
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X