Change formation ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve_Mac_Fan View Post
    He’s doing all he can Pinkie but I know enough about him as a manager to know he won’t do things to look good or for the sake of doing them. He can be quite introverted and you will rarely see him fist pumping to the crowd or giving his players a big hug for the cameras. He’s a top coach he doesn’t need gimmicks and I for one find that reassuring that he’s confident in his ability and what he stands for to not to do that. And if he’s annoyed or wants 2 or 3 minutes in his chair to think or feel annoyed then I’m fine with that as he can be just as busy being told off for by the 4th official for stepping too far
    I wish i could agree with you steve regarding him knowing what hes doing, & being a top coach but for me passions got to be there & i understand the staying calm thing, but every now & then players need a kick up the backside in my opinion, but this "hes a top coach!" saying is wareing thin, from what ive known before & coming to light this season since xmas is, that hes stuck too long to what was doing well for a short while, then teams started sussing us out way too easily, which lets face it didnt take much to do, but stuck with the same tactics, so different ideas should of been used aswell, by the time we`ve started on this losing streak, hes still tried the same tactics, this lumley bowling the ball out to furs or pav to flick on, if this isnt on cos of them getting closed down....we are then clueless as whatelse to do, so it gets lumped up in the air to say wells with a big lump defender booming it back, wheres this great coach i keep hearing!...........................

How many times do we also see where say smith gets taken off, then next minute the balls start getting played into the box with people like eze on the end to try to head it, yet we wasnt getting the ball into smith before, sorry steve but from im seeing im seeing no sign of a great coach apart from rigid organisation which alot of the time holds us back, a great coach should be coming up with loads of new ideas and mixing them up, so the opposition can never tell exactly what we are going to do......also a massive doubt for me was maclaren sending our 3 out on loan, could understand oteh to a degree, even though i think he would still of grown quite well staying & used as a sub, more chair and smyth for me is where i have major doubts about maclarens judgement, and i popped a thread up about it at the time about thinking maclaren was being to cocky sending them out, and thats exactly whats happened, as we have nothing different to offer off the bench, i feel both char & smyth both have what we need.....anyway hopefully we`ll see a reaction on tues against leeds.
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
      Could be that Manning at right back, Hall in front of Leistner and Furlong, and 90 minutes from BOS could have an impact on our play. Rangel and Cameron will probably not play anytime soon.
      Manning is left footed shania i think, i see manning as a attacking midfielder in the old bryan robson style for me if i was using him as manager.

Comment

How many times has Smith been taking off? Twice? I was at Bristol City and I can assure you after he came off we never got more crosses into the box after he went off. We were dribbling through them with Eze nearly winning a pen that I’m still waiting to see again. The one game you’re referring to was West Brom at home last Tuesday and yes I agree we did seem to start crossing more as Smith went off but then that could be a byproduct of being more productive with him not being on at all. Hardly a huge sample size. I think Chair and Smyth have been loaned out for a purpose. Bright looked lively yesterday and we had Wells and Smith coming on. There is at least 3 game changing options on the bench plus your standard backup for injuries like Kakay, Scowen and Manning. It’s only arrogant if we go down and I stlll don’t think that will even be close but that’s not to say we can be complacent, I want to see players fighting and in general they are. Every game they’ve given their all. We’re not on the beach no way. I’ll believe these loans are a clever part of the development for the good of the club and the players until I see otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Manning is left footed shania i think, i see manning as a attacking midfielder in the old bryan robson style for me if i was using him as manager.
          Aha, ok... Not sure why he hasn`t featured at all.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Mac_Fan View Post
            How many times has Smith been taking off? Twice? I was at Bristol City and I can assure you after he came off we never got more crosses into the box after he went off. We were dribbling through them with Eze nearly winning a pen that I’m still waiting to see again. The one game you’re referring to was West Brom at home last Tuesday and yes I agree we did seem to start crossing more as Smith went off but then that could be a byproduct of being more productive with him not being on at all. Hardly a huge sample size. I think Chair and Smyth have been loaned out for a purpose. Bright looked lively yesterday and we had Wells and Smith coming on. There is at least 3 game changing options on the bench plus your standard backup for injuries like Kakay, Scowen and Manning. It’s only arrogant if we go down and I stlll don’t think that will even be close but that’s not to say we can be complacent, I want to see players fighting and in general they are. Every game they’ve given their all. We’re not on the beach no way. I’ll believe these loans are a clever part of the development for the good of the club and the players until I see otherwise
            Steve, i personally think youre being abit blinkered there, especially when you started saying about bringing on wells and smith yesterday, we was playing absolutely dreadful, at a few points it seemed eze was our striker or furthest forward in the wells position, no urgency or nothing, slow subs, mac should of been going for it, boro werent hardly even interested in attacking it seemed, as it was that easy for them, we should of had wells on at 60mins min, mac brings him on in the 80th min!

As for smyth & chair a big bolak dropped, no purpose apart from got that one completely wrong end of, but thats my opinion & you have yours which i fully respect.

Comment

I meant that they are options off the bench. If you’ve got Smith to bring in you can go direct, BOS is quick and strong. They’re impact subs. So there is a bench and like I say the other half of the bench is there for insurance policy like all clubs. I am not Steve and I don’t say I know exactly what’s going through his mind but it’s my purpose as a forum poster to try and find reasoning and rationale behind his choices. Let’s take bringing Wells on so late yesterday. Let’s face it the fixtures have been a huge pile up. There’s fans clamouring for an FA cup run, they got it. The fixtures it will be 9 in 4 weeks. Wells is knackered, that’s why he didn’t start yesterday. You wouldn’t criticise Pep for starting Jesus in one of the three league games to follow this cup final today with a game every three days to come. The squad has to be managed. I think Leeds as the home game is the more eyecatching fixture to win and we will try and win every game but you have to make sacrifices. It was clear after half time we were unlikely to score 2 or 3 there, the game was lost early. You bring Wells on at half time when you’re resting him it affects your chances Tuesday where you intend to start him. If you don’t bring him on at all you’ll get dog’s abuse so Steve’s happy medium was to give him a truncated 15 minutes. That’s what I saw anyway...
              Last edited by Steve_Mac_Fan; 24-02-2019, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
                Gonna be hard for any manager to get something out of this young, inexperienced and in some cases quite poor squad.
                Spot on.

Comment

Working...
                X