Let’s back McClaren and the team, even if we lose the next three matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let’s back McClaren and the team, even if we lose the next three matches

I see some fans have started to panic. On social media supporters start asking for McClarens head if we extend our loosing run to 7, 8 or 9 matches, which admittedly in not unrealistic, giving the tough opponents coming up over the next week and a half. A poster was just claiming McClaren has lost the dressing room (The “MacClaren out” post from dogsrrs” earlier today). It is nonsense of course, and the sort of BS and panicking we simply don’t need.

I think this is the time we unite behind McClaren and the team. We have a habit of changing managers all too frequent, adding to the instability of the club. I don’t think McClaren is the problem. We have a squad that is probably not much better than where we are right now. It was a mistake to fire Holloway and we don’t need to repeat the mistake by firing McClaren just because he goes on a losing run of 6, 7, 8 or 9 matches.

If you told me prior to the season we would have 39 points after 32 matches I would be over the moon. I was very skeptical when we signed McClaren, but he has won me over. I don’t think we would do any better with another change of manager, given the candidates we could afford.

If McClaren keeps us up he has done a very good job. Holloway obviously did a great job, beating relegation by a healthy 15 points margin. I think it will be much closer this year, but I have no doubt we will get the necessary points on board to stay up. Despite being the only team in the league without a league win in 2019 I have seen enough to convince me we will not get relegated.

I agree with poster,who else available would do a better job anyway.

Comment

no need to sack him , if he does go then the end of the season for me

Comment

deffinately get behind McLaren and the team, another 3 wins should see us safe.i'd got as far as to give him another season, perhaps he can learn from this one.

Comment

I'd say there are a fair few players that should go before SMC....!

Have and always will back SMC and am confident once we get to March that we'll start racking up the points.

Comment

I wont keep repeating im not a fan, as a part of me thinks you all mjght know this, but i agree with youre post oslo, for me only issue ive got with mac is writing off a few youngsters for this season too early thinking there not ready, but absolutely no point in getting rid at all, and mac seems to learn quite early from things not working out, jhst needs to start changing little things so the opposition dont know exactly how we are going to play them.
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

S Mc has to stay whatever , even the incompetents that run our club can't be that stupid can they , CAN THEY ???

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                I agree with poster,who else available would do a better job anyway.
                Ian Holloway

Comment

SheepRanger, I think even Holloway-haters are slowly coming to the conclusion he did a good job. But even though I was very disappointed when Holloway left, I don't want to replace McClaren with Holloway now. Holloway might be better, but I would like to go for stability. Stability means a lot. McClaren has a plan. I might not agree with all of it but I think it is important to give any manager enough time to follow a plan over a longer period of time. I think it means more chance of success than to keep changing managers all the time.

Comment

Millwall beating frank lampards Derby away,not good for us (apart from the deluded few who think we only need 42 points to stay up).

Comment

What's the point in sacking the Manager when we still be playing with the same players making the same stupid mistakes!

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                        What's the point in sacking the Manager when we still be playing with the same players making the same stupid mistakes!
                        Spot on. Systems and tactics mean fck all if a player can't pass 2 yards to a team mate and he needs to take 3 touches to control it.

Comment

Working...
                        X