FA Cup attendance 17,212

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post

Looks exactly to me like you are looking down your nose at fans who went to the Watford game but don't go every week.
    1. It was an FA cup game, against a a premiership team, whilst we are on our best cup run for over 20 years
    2. Was a Friday night as opposed to Saturday afternoon when most games are played, maybe makes it easier for people to go to
    3. Tickets were cheap

Do you think any other club is any different? Fans will always try to go to "bigger" games like Wigan (playoffs) and Derby at Wembley because they are not just ordinary games, people will make more of an effort to go to those games. Not sure how you've worked out we should average 17k because the attendance is higher for a one-off game in the fa cup against a Prem team
    It's not hard to work out. We took perhaps 40-45K to Wembley meaning we have at least another 30K in supporters who could come to QPR at least every now and then. Meaning 30K of them would be unavailable for the various reason you state at the same time as each other, although conveniently are free at the same time as well to enjoy a QPR match.

I don't believe that all fans are always unavailable at the same time as you state above. They go when it suits best, in particular when something half decent is happening.

However you want to spin it, the cup match was a luxury enjoyed by many. But they wont be there at a potential drubbing to WBA tonight.

I'm not looking down on anyone, or saying they cant come, or saying they aint real fans. I'm saying the support is required all the time.

Comment

I have to go to work early tomorrow but I'll still go tonight. Does that make me a superfan ?

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

It's not hard to work out. We took perhaps 40-45K to Wembley meaning we have at least another 30K in supporters who could come to QPR at least every now and then. Meaning 30K of them would be unavailable for the various reason you state at the same time as each other, although conveniently are free at the same time as well to enjoy a QPR match.

I don't believe that all fans are always unavailable at the same time as you state above. They go when it suits best, in particular when something half decent is happening.

However you want to spin it, the cup match was a luxury enjoyed by many. But they wont be there at a potential drubbing to WBA tonight.

I'm not looking down on anyone, or saying they cant come, or saying they aint real fans. I'm saying the support is required all the time.
        Yer I agree with that, don't think that's just QPR though, that's most football fans at most clubs I reckon

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post

Yer I agree with that, don't think that's just QPR though, that's most football fans at most clubs I reckon
          You're probably right, across the board it's crazy. Pricing is poor, but that's the state of football right now.

Comment

As recently as 1994, Chelsea attracted just 8,923 to Stamford Bridge for a Premier League game against Coventry City. It just shows that keeping the fans happy by winning they will come.
            (I know they still have only 9000 real fans)

Comment

Working...
            X