Smyth Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smyth Watch

MoM last night against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light in a 2-2 draw. Won the pen and scored the second. Seemed to be involved in everything according to the Sky video highlights.

Good to see. I wonder if he is being earmarked for a front two role for us next season- hence the choice of club. There were several options as we learnt. He is specifically playing up top in a 2 for Accy.

Always felt he could be suited to such a role, ala Michael Owen in his prime- great movement, electric pace, and a very effective drop of the shoulder to beat players.
    Last edited by Jonny; 16-02-2019, 12:11 PM.

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
    MoM last night against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light in a 2-2 draw. Won the pen and scored the second. Seemed to be involved in everything according to the Sky video highlights, and got MoM.

Good to see. I wonder if he is being earmarked for a front two role for us next season- hence the choice of club. There were several options as we learnt. He is specifically playing up top in a 2 for Accy.

Always felt he could be suited to such a role, ala Michael Owen in his prime- great movement, electric pace, and a very effective drop of the shoulder to beat players.
    Had just said on another thread how we could of done with him last night and anytime, ridiculas he was sent out as has quality in abundance, and was always good enough for us, and we lack backup to pav like last night, for me hes better than bos, more things happen with smyth.
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Good to hear and a good decision to get him out on loan. Exactly the same as Holloway's decision to give Eze proper game time IMO and hopefully will go the same way (ie first team involvement).

Comment

Will do his confidence the world of good and hopefully we’ll see him back next season.
        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
        Will Danaher

Comment

From their forum

Jesus, Smyth is absolute dynamite.
          A different class of team with him playing.
          Well impressed with Smyth who deserved his goal and mom

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
            Will do his confidence the world of good and hopefully we’ll see him back next season.
            I really hope so, I was hoping to see him this year. He's definitely one to watch.

Comment

Well done Smyth, my gut feeling says McClaren doesn’t rate him

And I trust Steve McClaren fully
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

don't think he's had a fair crack of the whip , he brings something else would have kept here myself

Comment

While I could be wrong I think Smyth and Chair.will be 1st team regulars next season based on Wells not being here next season and either Eze or Freeman being sold to raise much needed revenue for the club to invest. While short term we could do with both now I think long term we will be the winners as both will come back as first team playing players as to 10 minute sub apperances here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    While I could be wrong I think Smyth and Chair.will be 1st team regulars next season based on Wells not being here next season and either Eze or Freeman being sold to raise much needed revenue for the club to invest. While short term we could do with both now I think long term we will be the winners as both will come back as first team playing players as to 10 minute sub apperances here and there.
                    I agree with you.

Comment

I think long term we will be the winners as both will come back as first team playing players as to 10 minute sub apperances here and there.
                      This is absolutely spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

This is absolutely spot on.
                        So if one of smyth or chair was on the bench why would it only be 10mins off the bench if there performance was excellent?! Whole point of players on the bench waiting for there chance, so say they came on and outstanding and better than say pav or bos, we still only play them 10mins?! I personally feel we've weakened ourselves there for when pav or bos arent at it or cream crackered, then we're bringing on eze whos not impressed at all recently, and then we've cousins going far right which we lose out then with smith or hemed in the box. Instead its better there playing well somewhere else, to me if there good enough and there ready, and offer something different and energy, the thing we ran out of against watford. Just my opinion ofcourse.

Comment

Pinkie. Short tem you have a point but I think the club has taken a long term view hence why those two have been sent out on loan. I think Smyth could well replace Wells or Pawel who is out of contract in the summer and playing at Accrington till the end of the season will do him the world of good and also benefit the club.

Comment

Pinkie. Short tem you have a point but I think the club has taken a long term view hence why those two have been sent out on loan. I think Smyth could well replace Wells or Pawel who is out of contract in the summer and playing at Accrington till the end of the season will do him the world of good and also benefit the club.
                            But 73 you say bout mine being short term & the club thinking long term yet we've 4 players on loan with most likely no chance of signing them, to me thats short term and mines long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

But 73 you say bout mine being short term & the club thinking long term yet we've 4 players on loan with most likely no chance of signing them, to me thats short term and mines long term.
                              Yer you're right but the club has to think long AND short term. So getting the loan players in solved our problem in the short term, and sending the youngsters out on loan will be beneficial in the long term. I do agree we could do with Smyth and Chair in the squad now but I think for next season and onwards it will be a good thing

Comment

Working...
                              X