No announcement yet.

On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree Timmy. Thats why he is in the championship with us as he had 2 or 3 three shots from the edge of the area that never hit the target. Overall we did as well as we could have hoped but just lacked the quality up top to make the breakthrough

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
      Freeman was very good, but his shots weren't.
      Yeah his shootings not the best considering hes left footed, also think with going back to this 352 system or any other we could do with bringing on a paul smyth for replacing pav when hes done in, after the subs last night we pretty much had hardly anything to offer down the sides, where for me macs missed a trick as smyth would be perfect with his pace direct running and great cross on him, smith and wells would of thrived off young smyths quality.
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

It's just dawned on me that Watford offered absolutely nothing down the flanks - no width whatsoever. Dunno if that's how they normally play or if they set-up that way specifically for the game? Makes me wonder if we could have got a bit more out of Bidwell going forwards. Pawel was quite adventurous but even he too could have pushed on more than he did I reckon.
        Maybe I'm underestimating how much collective work was necessary to keep Watford in check and starve Gray and Deeney of service though.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          It's just dawned on me that Watford offered absolutely nothing down the flanks - no width whatsoever. Dunno if that's how they normally play or if they set-up that way specifically for the game? Makes me wonder if we could have got a bit more out of Bidwell going forwards. Pawel was quite adventurous but even he too could have pushed on more than he did I reckon.
          Maybe I'm underestimating how much collective work was necessary to keep Watford in check and starve Gray and Deeney of service though.
          Think so. It did also cross my mind. As others have pointed out, we have played an awful lot of matches within a short period of time now

QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Can't work out if Watford could have stepped up a gear or if they really are that sh*t ?

They were there for the taking and if Wells (x2) and Smith (1 header first half) had better finishing last night we would have been out of sight.

Freeman and Cousins MOTM candidates for me but a mention for Grant Hall and the BFG as they looked comfortable as a pair against PL strikers.

Keep up that performance and the points will come in the Championship.....absolutely no doubt about that.

Comment

Working...
            X