Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here goes tin hat time you ain't going to like this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Here goes tin hat time you ain't going to like this

    We are going to finish lower than last season we are still years behind Brentford and they will finish well clear of us why ? Because Les Hoos and he board are doing such a good job after four years we have got worse year on year ,

  • #2
    A reflection on out financial plight and how long it takes to turn things around more like.
    I am pretty sure we will both be starting life in the Championship next season - us and that team years ahead of us.

    Comment


    • #3
      Was always going to happen fella, the financial fluckup was way too big to turn around quickly. Not sure where the money came from for the 4 loans wages this season but they'll not be here next, hence the youngsters loaned out ready for 1st team next season. Brentford are being run well on the surface but they have their own problems. Just be thankfull we're not Ipswich - or Villa come to that !

      Comment


      • #4
        It’s not an overnight fix FFS!!! The club said it would take years for us to sort things out. Our situation could have been a lot worse look at the bigger clubs that have fallen foul. At least we are trying to cut our cloth. That’s why we need to move yet people can’t even seem to grasp this basic concept. The rules of the game have changed. Is it fair? No!! Is it reality? Absolutely and it’s about time some on here started realising the position the club is in. We are still licking our wounds from horrendous miss management, something which on the whole Tony has got away lightly with from the fans. In the past he’d have been lynched

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
          It’s not an overnight fix FFS!!! The club said it would take years for us to sort things out. Our situation could have been a lot worse look at the bigger clubs that have fallen foul. At least we are trying to cut our cloth. That’s why we need to move yet people can’t even seem to grasp this basic concept. The rules of the game have changed. Is it fair? No!! Is it reality? Absolutely and it’s about time some on here started realising the position the club is in. We are still licking our wounds from horrendous miss management, something which on the whole Tony has got away lightly with from the fans. In the past he’d have been lynched
          People cant seem to grasp this basic concept greg, honestly how ironic considering you and everyone else was bashing our last manager as he was trying to deal with our situation and using youngsters, yet now itsok to roll excuses out when our current manager has players like wells on loan , and was supposed to be this great coach/manager, yet here we are started to struggle, players look knackered and hes sent the fringe players out on loan, for all macs organisational skills, we`re still in the same position atm in the league we ended with the youngsters.
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

          Comment


          • #6
            Nah nah can't blame it all on fiscal and embargo problems , four years ago we shipped in a load of shlt , perch gobern gladwin Chery JET and many many more infact over thirty in two years , have a count up how many are still here , no we wasted the parachute on hit and hope signings now we've got the fiasco that they want to build prime housing on L R yet don't want to meet the price for a lower valued site at L C and are threatening to move away from W 12 , they've got the right to use W F will they use it if they take QPR to Feltham or Hillingdon , Uxbridge or wherever or will they opt to stay more local at sipson ?

            Comment


            • #7
              The reality is we're going to have to take each season as it comes for the next few years. Short term aim is to stay in the Championship whilst we clear FFP. During that period we'll be building a new training ground and working on a move to a new stadium. Nothing wrong with any of that. Absolutely no point comparing us to Brentford, we need to deal with our own situation. Yeah, maybe Brentford will overtake us for a few seasons, but I'm confident in the long run we'll come out on top. My only concern is the stadium move and how that is managed.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

                People cant seem to grasp this basic concept greg, honestly how ironic considering you and everyone else was bashing our last manager as he was trying to deal with our situation and using youngsters, yet now itsok to roll excuses out when our current manager has players like wells on loan , and was supposed to be this great coach/manager, yet here we are started to struggle, players look knackered and hes sent the fringe players out on loan, for all macs organisational skills, we`re still in the same position atm in the league we ended with the youngsters.
                Although haven't Kakay, BOS, Hamalainen and Eze all played in more games under SMC than Holloway already this season ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Anyone would think Wells was as good as Mbappe, the way some go on about him. Couldn’t get a game in the prem though.

                  Our squad is at best equal to last season but in my view slightly worse as we’ve lost Smithies, Nedum, Perch.

                  weve progressed this season though. Players individually have improved, youngsters are getting game time at other clubs rather than in meaningless reserve games and we’re consistent in what we do and have a level headed manager.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                    Anyone would think Wells was as good as Mbappe, the way some go on about him. Couldn’t get a game in the prem though.

                    Our squad is at best equal to last season but in my view slightly worse as we’ve lost Smithies, Nedum, Perch.

                    weve progressed this season though. Players individually have improved, youngsters are getting game time at other clubs rather than in meaningless reserve games and we’re consistent in what we do and have a level headed manager.
                    Only fly in the ointment Jimbo is Perch he cost just short of a mil could've and should've got better for that price , otherwise good post

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This is a good intelligent and realistic thread unlike some of the nonsense "play off"threads that started when we got up to 8th in the league at one stage. I knew we were miles away from being good enough for that.we have had some bad luck with refs recently but no excuse for losing 5 in a row and slipping way down the table and now looking over our shoulders, I.e familiar terortery for us. I agree with poster that we could end up finishing lower than last year bit should be capable of winning 3 more games to secure our status.certainly a far cry from reaching the play offs. Before the season started most would have taken finishing in 21 st position,I think we will finish higher than that, Around 18th position.
                      the manager will then be judged on our final position and how far we progress in the cup,for example I would think a last 8 spot in the cup and an 18th position in the league should be regarded as a decent season for McClaren, anything less might not be .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                        Anyone would think Wells was as good as Mbappe, the way some go on about him. Couldn’t get a game in the prem though.

                        Our squad is at best equal to last season but in my view slightly worse as we’ve lost Smithies, Nedum, Perch.

                        weve progressed this season though. Players individually have improved, youngsters are getting game time at other clubs rather than in meaningless reserve games and we’re consistent in what we do and have a level headed manager.
                        We`ve progressed in the fa cup, thats it, our league position is not all that, you all gave loads to last season coming out with we should of ended higher, and with a proper manager we would do, also all the youngsters were apparently

                        ready at the start of last season you all came out with, you all bashed the 352 & the last manager was a total fool and didnt know what he was doing playing it and pav as a wingback, yet heres mac doing exactly the same, also our top

                        scorer last season matt smith got coated galore unfairly, yet was our most dangerous striker scoring 11 & plenty of assists just like hes doing now, just where do you get we`ve progressed from?? what i call progressing was what our

                        last manager was doing with our players the youngsters, not loaned players that hoos has just come out with, we most likely wont be buying them for next season, but we`re progressing...
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                          Anyone would think Wells was as good as Mbappe, the way some go on about him. Couldn’t get a game in the prem though.

                          Our squad is at best equal to last season but in my view slightly worse as we’ve lost Smithies, Nedum, Perch.

                          weve progressed this season though. Players individually have improved, youngsters are getting game time at other clubs rather than in meaningless reserve games and we’re consistent in what we do and have a level headed manager.
                          Nedum and Perch were not held in high esteem by many. Smithies was a loss but Lumley has been regarded as a great replacement. The squad has been enhanced with experience such as Rangel, Cameron, Well and Hamed. The younger players have gained more experience adter being intriduced by Olly.

                          Overall this is a better squad than last season and I would expect us to be at least ten points better off this season, or 10th-12th, for the investment in SMC's appointment to be deemed a success.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Difference between this and last season ? All in that Birmingham game for me. We'd have lost that 7-0 under Holloway with Lynch up front and Scowen at CB.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Difference between this and last season ? All in that Birmingham game for me. We'd have lost that 7-0 under Holloway with Lynch up front and Scowen at CB.
                              How can you say that mush? w`ve a good record vs them! we lost that cos of our manager and how he had the players mentally wrong or tactically, point is you cant say that at all sorry.
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X