No announcement yet.

Furlong is trash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furlong got his body between the ball and the forward who then lunged in. Never a penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

Hemed has largely been a waste of space. Would've sent him back in Jan and tried to loan someone else or saved the money
      If we had sent back Brighton would have held us to the deal so could not have replaced him

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
        Add Lumley to that.
        Stfu up. Made an unreal save to keep it at 1-0. And made a great save at the end . Can’t blame him for either goal. JN

Comment

Agree. Only rated Cos academy . Liability. JN

Comment

I like Furlong.
            OPs like this and the Wells one are just attention seeking imo.

Comment

Unfortunately Furlong is still looking to defend by out muscling people and in todays game the moment any kind of tangle or touch in the box and you are in danger of giving a foul away. Lasts nights decision was very soft but gerting tangled with a guy who was chucking himself all over the place was a recipe for disaster. Never a pen but he needs to learn that there are other ways to defend which are smarter.

Comment

Never a penalty but furlong can be a liability at right back, I personally think he's better at centre half than full back doesn't get caught of position so much at CB, also we had plenty chance to clear both chances before especially the first goal had about 5 headers that went abut 5 yards in total 2nd gaol lost the ball on our own area and gave the bloke as much time and space as he needed Lumley had no chance

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post

Stfu up. Made an unreal save to keep it at 1-0. And made a great save at the end . Can’t blame him for either goal. JN
                  Unreal save? The ball was straight at him. He didn't move an inch. Anyway it's not his shot stopping that's the problem. It's when he comes off his line and his kicking.

Comment

I think as a team we lack character and while I'll slate the team, picking out and slaughtering individuals is wrong
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

While Furlong still has a lot to learn about positioning (as does Bidwell for that matter) how anyone can blame him for a penalty that even Lee Johnson thought wasn't a penalty is beyond me.

Comment

STEVE McClaren was left stunned by a late penalty call which cost his side a share of the points at Bristol City on Tuesday night.

Having taken the lead through Matt Smith in the first half, QPR were pegged back when Niclas Eliasson curled home a leveller after the break.

Rangers then defended for their lives against the in-form Robins and looked set to earn themselves a creditable point before referee Tony Harrington gave a penalty when Famara Diedhiou fell in the area following a tussle with Darnell Furlong.

Replays suggested Diedhiou was the guilty party, bringing down the R’s defender as he tried to reach the ball, and McClaren told www.qpr.co.uk: “It’s never a penalty, it’s a bad decision from the referee.

“Darnell’s got punished for great defending – he’s shielded the ball, got his body in between and eased the ball into Joe Lumley’s hands.

“I could not believe it – I thought he was giving a free-kick our way.”

McClaren was left feeling for his R’s players who had given their all and were once more applauded off the pitch by the travelling QPR fans who recognised their efforts

“The boys in there don’t deserve that,” McClaren added. “That’s football sometimes, you don’t always get what you deserve. It was a cruel way to finish.”

The result comes after the agonising defeat to Birmingham City at Loftus Road on Saturday, and the R’s chief added: “We’ve been hit with two sledgehammers in four days. To come here and perform like that after Saturday was excellent.”

Despite his disappointment, McClaren was keen to praise his team, adding: “We were excellent in the first half.

“We were comfortable and dangerous on the break.

“That told in the end – the more pressure they put on us, you could tell we haven’t practised that formation enough. But it certainly worked. It worked in the second half on Saturday and it worked again tonight.”

Looking ahead to Friday night’s home game with Watford in the fifth round of the FA Cup, McClaren said: “We need some characters in there now to pick ourselves up for Friday’s game.”

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          While Furlong still has a lot to learn about positioning (as does Bidwell for that matter) how anyone can blame him for a penalty that even Lee Johnson thought wasn't a penalty is beyond me.
                          Agreed 100%.

QPR have been out of form this year but have also had lousy refereering decisions (mainly pens) go against them, especially against Wigan, Birmingham and Bristol City. And its likely to continue against sides like Middlesboro, WBA and Leeds over the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                            I like Furlong.
                            OPs like this and the Wells one are just attention seeking imo.
                            Spot on

Comment

Just seen the first goal against us by Middlesbrough

Fulong with more woeful defending
                              Under Les Ferdinand:
                              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

the second goal was very poor from lumley too. i don't know what's gotten into our defence lately but they make mistakes every game.

Comment

Working...
                                X