Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qprtanpa1
    replied
    The coaches need to talk to Darnell and the entire back line about the numbing nonsense of passing back and forth on the back line, especially when we are trailing in a game. It’s soccer 101. When you’re behind, you ratchet things up. Today the coaches allowed nonchalant play. No urgency. No drive. No sense of the clock. It’s elementary. If you’re looking like you’re going to lose, you have NOTHING to lose by turning up the heat. Furlong must have made 50 back passes today. That’s 45 or so too many. And for what it’s worth, Hall did the same. Love McLaren, but this was the first time this season when his post-game remarks betrayed a blindness to this reality.

Leave a comment:

• acricketer
    replied
    What can be done to get rid of this cnu_t?

Leave a comment:

• suttonranger
    replied
    Tbf he’s no worse than the others & yes I was there

Leave a comment:

• qprjack92
    replied
    Its obvious he is trash, Compare the difference of his defending and Rangel they arnt even in same league.

Leave a comment:

• Harryboy
    replied
    Furlong as been pony for years surely he had learned a thing or to by now, I say stick with SM it ain’t his fault we can’t buy anybody I must admit his subs are a bit suspect. We ain’t going down so roll on next season

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Nerves.

Leave a comment:

• corbray
    replied
    the second goal was very poor from lumley too. i don't know what's gotten into our defence lately but they make mistakes every game.

Leave a comment:

• qpr
    replied
    Just seen the first goal against us by Middlesbrough

Fulong with more woeful defending

Leave a comment:

• HertsHoops
    replied
    Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
    I like Furlong.
    OPs like this and the Wells one are just attention seeking imo.
    Spot on

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    While Furlong still has a lot to learn about positioning (as does Bidwell for that matter) how anyone can blame him for a penalty that even Lee Johnson thought wasn't a penalty is beyond me.
    Agreed 100%.

QPR have been out of form this year but have also had lousy refereering decisions (mainly pens) go against them, especially against Wigan, Birmingham and Bristol City. And its likely to continue against sides like Middlesboro, WBA and Leeds over the next few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    STEVE McClaren was left stunned by a late penalty call which cost his side a share of the points at Bristol City on Tuesday night.

Having taken the lead through Matt Smith in the first half, QPR were pegged back when Niclas Eliasson curled home a leveller after the break.

Rangers then defended for their lives against the in-form Robins and looked set to earn themselves a creditable point before referee Tony Harrington gave a penalty when Famara Diedhiou fell in the area following a tussle with Darnell Furlong.

Replays suggested Diedhiou was the guilty party, bringing down the R’s defender as he tried to reach the ball, and McClaren told www.qpr.co.uk: “It’s never a penalty, it’s a bad decision from the referee.

“Darnell’s got punished for great defending – he’s shielded the ball, got his body in between and eased the ball into Joe Lumley’s hands.

“I could not believe it – I thought he was giving a free-kick our way.”

McClaren was left feeling for his R’s players who had given their all and were once more applauded off the pitch by the travelling QPR fans who recognised their efforts

“The boys in there don’t deserve that,” McClaren added. “That’s football sometimes, you don’t always get what you deserve. It was a cruel way to finish.”

The result comes after the agonising defeat to Birmingham City at Loftus Road on Saturday, and the R’s chief added: “We’ve been hit with two sledgehammers in four days. To come here and perform like that after Saturday was excellent.”

Despite his disappointment, McClaren was keen to praise his team, adding: “We were excellent in the first half.

“We were comfortable and dangerous on the break.

“That told in the end – the more pressure they put on us, you could tell we haven’t practised that formation enough. But it certainly worked. It worked in the second half on Saturday and it worked again tonight.”

Looking ahead to Friday night’s home game with Watford in the fifth round of the FA Cup, McClaren said: “We need some characters in there now to pick ourselves up for Friday’s game.”

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    While Furlong still has a lot to learn about positioning (as does Bidwell for that matter) how anyone can blame him for a penalty that even Lee Johnson thought wasn't a penalty is beyond me.

Leave a comment:

• lymehoop
    replied
    I think as a team we lack character and while I'll slate the team, picking out and slaughtering individuals is wrong

Leave a comment:

• knocker
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post

Stfu up. Made an unreal save to keep it at 1-0. And made a great save at the end . Can’t blame him for either goal. JN
    Unreal save? The ball was straight at him. He didn't move an inch. Anyway it's not his shot stopping that's the problem. It's when he comes off his line and his kicking.

Leave a comment:

• dave58
    replied
    Never a penalty but furlong can be a liability at right back, I personally think he's better at centre half than full back doesn't get caught of position so much at CB, also we had plenty chance to clear both chances before especially the first goal had about 5 headers that went abut 5 yards in total 2nd gaol lost the ball on our own area and gave the bloke as much time and space as he needed Lumley had no chance

Leave a comment:

Working...
X