Matt Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Smith

His goal per minute ratio this season must be much better than Charlie Austin in his best season for us.

Played well again

Comment

On fire at the mo
      good on ya Matt.

Comment

Pleased for him as earned his place and playing as well as he has ever done these past few games.

Comment

Trouble with Smith is he cannot head a ball. Now before you all shoot me down let me explain. He is very good at getting into a position where the ball can hit his head but there is very little neck movement and that is why he cannot direct a header. Hence the ball is quite wayward at times. I expect criticism but not abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
            Trouble with Smith is he cannot head a ball. Now before you all shoot me down let me explain. He is very good at getting into a position where the ball can hit his head but there is very little neck movement and that is why he cannot direct a header. Hence the ball is quite wayward at times. I expect criticism but not abuse.
            Its the bolts on each side!

Comment

So he must be good at billiards?
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I agree with you but better to use him like we have done the last few games than the lump it forward Lynch with no one playing around him. He causes havoc when we use him properly like against Birmingham. Causes so much confusion to have him and Wells there in the box and also tires their defenders when they have to wrestle him to get to the ball first. May not be pretty at times but its been effective last few games. Now we just need to sort out getting overrun in midfield lol

Comment

He scores quite a few headers.

Comment

You must have missed his bullet header against Pompey......absolutely textbook

Comment

Unfortunately he hasn't scored any game changing goals and only has 1 assist. I'm pleased he's scoring and long may it continue, but it's been ineffective.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

You must have missed his bullet header against Pompey......absolutely textbook
                        Nope I was there in the loft. Smithie jumped up in a crowd of players it was the quality of Freeman's free kick. Don't get me wrong I like Smith but feel he does better against tiring players.

Comment

Nope I was there in the loft. Smithie jumped up in a crowd of players it was the quality of Freeman's free kick. Don't get me wrong I like Smith but feel he does better against tiring players.
                          Great cross granted (best player we have) but that was a point blank bullet header....loved it!

Comment

more tonite big fella

Comment

Honestly cant believe some think he cant head the ball lol, pretty much lethal with good balls into him, love his aggression hes showing aswell, reminded of how he was last season, just cannot leave a old fashioned striker out like him in my opinion, makes the opposition worry about dealing with him, which in my books a huge bonus.
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                              X