I know I'm old but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I'm old but

Right I may be wrong,shocker I know,but in the 80s 90s and even early 2000s I can't remember ever having many min applauding on silence for fallen players ect at hq.
    Nowdays it seems it nigh on every other game. Now I'm not saying it a bad thing in the whole,but it seem to be getting bit watered down the sentiment behind it. If related to your club or national team or supporter or an icon is fine ,but every Tom duck or Harry? Really
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

it does no harm , its the done thing by clubs nowadays . think it started with remembrance sunday, we still do it every year with my sunday side

Comment

was thinking the same.it seems like every game now, home and away.
      Football related legends yes, but as you say every tom dick and harry, no.
      I mean this fella sala that has just tragically died must have broken all records for minutes silences all over the world, the're not finished yet either, champions league games this week, and god knows what else this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by wormholt View Post
        was thinking the same.it seems like every game now, home and away.
        Football related legends yes, but as you say every tom dick and harry, no.
        I mean this fella sala that has just tragically died must have broken all records for minutes silences all over the world, the're not finished yet either, champions league games this week, and god knows what else this weekend.
        I may come across heartless but I think if it actually related to club etc it means more than all comers
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

You're old? I'm older and agree, many won't but I know some who do. Trouble is a precedent has been created (many times now) so you will be vilified for your view. If I remember rightly it was always silence until George Best died.

Comment

Alan You don’t respect minutes silence anyway so that’s why we clap because of fans like you

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Alan You don’t respect minutes silence anyway so that’s why we clap because of fans like you
              Only when you ring my mobile in the middle of one!

Comment

Wont be long before we have a minutes silence for Sky TV and the death of 3pm Saturday football

Comment

Working...
                X