• Strongest team?

I was thinking about our strongest line-up and this is what I came up with:

Lumley
    Rangel - Hall - Bidwell
    Cameron
    Wszolek - Luongo - Freeman
    Eze
    Wells - Hemed

What do people think? Any suggestions or other ideas? I think we've been really unfortunate with injuries, it's without a doubt what has stopped us from being play-off contenders.

Who is providing the width there? Pav and Freeman as wingbacks? Not for me. I’d go with

Lumley
    Rangel, Leinster, Lynch/Furlong/Hall, Bidwell
    Cameron
    Luongo, Freeman
    Pav, Eze
    Wells

Comment

No Smith and his 100 headers he won in the second half v Brum ?

Comment

Lumley
        Rangel / Leinster / Bidwell
        Wszolek / Cameron / Luongo / Freeman / Eze
        Smith / Wells

Comment

Can't believe people think our strongest team will have 3 at the back when we don't have wing backs !!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Can't believe people think our strongest team will have 3 at the back when we don't have wing backs !!
            It's a good point and one I'm guilty of making. My thinking was Wszolek tends to drop back when needed and Bidwell gets up the pitch often. Cameron provides the extra cover. That's what I've observed anyway.
            Judging by the second half performance against Brum, three at the back seemed to work. Anyway, that's why I've asked the questions, I want to know what others think.

Comment

with everyone fit i think its
              lumley
              bidwell leistner hall rangel
              freeman cameron mass pavel
              wells smith

i would like to see furlong converted to a cb though as his whole playstyle looks so much better as a cb. he's good with the ball at his feet, and in the airbut doesn't have the technical ability as a rb imo. sometimes he makes mistakes and his first touch isn't brilliant either.

i'm a big fan of eze but hes gone missing in games lately and needs some time on the bench, dunno whats happened to him. he passes the ball back too much and loses it too often at times, he still produces the odd killer ball but he's too much of a luxury player atm. maybe with cameron back in the side he'll be better.

i like bright too, he does pretty well but is still too inexperienced, imo he should be coming on as a 30 minute sub rather than starting games as he makes mistakes but i think he'll be a good player one day, lots of potential.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                with everyone fit i think its
                lumley
                bidwell leistner hall rangel
                freeman cameron mass pavel
                wells smith

i would like to see furlong converted to a cb though as his whole playstyle looks so much better as a cb. he's good with the ball at his feet, and in the airbut doesn't have the technical ability as a rb imo. sometimes he makes mistakes and his first touch isn't brilliant either.

i'm a big fan of eze but hes gone missing in games lately and needs some time on the bench, dunno whats happened to him. he passes the ball back too much and loses it too often at times, he still produces the odd killer ball but he's too much of a luxury player atm. maybe with cameron back in the side he'll be better.

i like bright too, he does pretty well but is still too inexperienced, imo he should be coming on as a 30 minute sub rather than starting games as he makes mistakes but i think he'll be a good player one day, lots of potential.
                So that's a 4-1-3-2. Can't recall when Furlong played CB, but I have to agree with your point about his first touch. It seems like the consensus is 4 at the back.

Comment

Working...
                X