In or Out? The Summer of 2019 Looms Huge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In or Out? The Summer of 2019 Looms Huge

Assuming we end up near mid table this season, with a sense of renewed stability and optimism, Lee, Les and the managing board have HUGE decisions to make re a dozen key players who will be out of contract. The list: Hall, Lynch, Bidwell, Hamalalanen, Rangel, Furlong, Cameron, Cousins, Shodipo, Wszolek, Wells, and Hemed. IMHO, would try to re-sign Hall, Bidwell and Furlong in the back, Pavel and Nahki up front. If Wells can't be secured who, despite the recent penalty miss has been a hustling phenom for us this season, then we need to find a replacement there. Also need to replace Cameron if unavailable; Scowen the weak link in our current formation. Thoughts?

Furlong and hamalanen have recently signed new deals , I would only offer new deals to Bidwell and pav , the rest I would release .

Comment

Would keep Cousins as there is a good central midfielder in him as he gives us energy and gets around the pitch better than our other midfielders. Changed the game on Saturday and played well earlier in the season in the same position. If we can afford Pawel would give him a deal as well and would also look at getting Hemed as he is out of contract at Brighton.

Comment

It is not a matter of whom we want to sign as more who can we afford to sign. As I have pointed out before we lose £9.60m in Parachute Payments next season. So if you look at a player's history ,e.g. when did he sign , who did he come from etc, then Hall, Pav, Lynch, Wells, Hemed, Cousins,Cameron and Bidwell cannot all be signed. Next season expect to see more of the current players out on loan. To put it another way we have to save £184k a week to just break even.

Comment

As much as I like Pav I'd question giving him a new deal. Not nearly consistent enough IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            As much as I like Pav I'd question giving him a new deal. Not nearly consistent enough IMO.
            What?? Who will you replace him with? On a sidenote; You are of course entitled to your opinion..
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

To be honest, I'm not convinced we can actually afford to keep a lot of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson
                Hall - 1 year extension
                Lynch - Release
                Bidwell - Release
                Rangel - 1 year deal
                Cousins - Release
                Shodipo - depends how he plays in the next few months.
                Wszolek - 2 year extension
                That saves us about £50k a week. Only another £134k to go.

Comment

TF said on pod there are no concerns financially about next season

Comment

Id like to think Pawel happy here under McLaren, i think Rangel is a must as personally id like to see Furlong at CB once safe this season offers more pace than others. Bidwell does ok ronseal player. CF a must sign Wells and another, if we ok financially this squad needs experience to go with youth as Cameron and Rangel proved.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post

That saves us about £50k a week. Only another £134k to go.
                      personally think we will also sell one or two for a fair few quid in the summer.

freeman around 7mil and possibly smith.

So maybe you need to add those fees to your savings
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Unless we can find a couple of gems in close season, next season is going to be a real struggle, assuming we are still in championship. Can't honestly see the ones out on loan coming back and making a huge difference. A million miles away from the top teams this season and next season promises to be even more difficult .

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                          What?? Who will you replace him with? On a sidenote; You are of course entitled to your opinion..
                          Good player but been very inconsistent. If we could see the Pav that turned up at home to Villa more often then yeah give him a new contract. Needs to really up his game IMO as we've got a fair few wingers in our squad before the potential summer transfer / loan window.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Good player but been very inconsistent. If we could see the Pav that turned up at home to Villa more often then yeah give him a new contract. Needs to really up his game IMO as we've got a fair few wingers in our squad before the potential summer transfer / loan window.
                            OK.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson
                              Hall - 1 year extension
                              Lynch - Release
                              Bidwell - Release
                              Rangel - 1 year deal
                              Cousins - Release
                              Shodipo - depends how he plays in the next few months.
                              Wszolek - 2 year extension
                              Struggling to see why you would release Bidwell. I can only assume you think we can find someone better on a free?

Comment

Working...
                              X