Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In or Out? The Summer of 2019 Looms Huge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In or Out? The Summer of 2019 Looms Huge

    Assuming we end up near mid table this season, with a sense of renewed stability and optimism, Lee, Les and the managing board have HUGE decisions to make re a dozen key players who will be out of contract. The list: Hall, Lynch, Bidwell, Hamalalanen, Rangel, Furlong, Cameron, Cousins, Shodipo, Wszolek, Wells, and Hemed. IMHO, would try to re-sign Hall, Bidwell and Furlong in the back, Pavel and Nahki up front. If Wells can't be secured who, despite the recent penalty miss has been a hustling phenom for us this season, then we need to find a replacement there. Also need to replace Cameron if unavailable; Scowen the weak link in our current formation. Thoughts?

  • #2
    Furlong and hamalanen have recently signed new deals , I would only offer new deals to Bidwell and pav , the rest I would release .

    Comment


    • #3
      Would keep Cousins as there is a good central midfielder in him as he gives us energy and gets around the pitch better than our other midfielders. Changed the game on Saturday and played well earlier in the season in the same position. If we can afford Pawel would give him a deal as well and would also look at getting Hemed as he is out of contract at Brighton.

      Comment


      • #4
        It is not a matter of whom we want to sign as more who can we afford to sign. As I have pointed out before we lose 9.60m in Parachute Payments next season. So if you look at a player's history ,e.g. when did he sign , who did he come from etc, then Hall, Pav, Lynch, Wells, Hemed, Cousins,Cameron and Bidwell cannot all be signed. Next season expect to see more of the current players out on loan. To put it another way we have to save 184k a week to just break even.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hall - 1 year extension
          Lynch - Release
          Bidwell - Release
          Rangel - 1 year deal
          Cousins - Release
          Shodipo - depends how he plays in the next few months.
          Wszolek - 2 year extension
          "When you look annoyed all the time, people think you're busy"

          Comment


          • #6
            As much as I like Pav I'd question giving him a new deal. Not nearly consistent enough IMO.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              As much as I like Pav I'd question giving him a new deal. Not nearly consistent enough IMO.
              What?? Who will you replace him with? On a sidenote; You are of course entitled to your opinion..
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

              Comment


              • #8
                To be honest, I'm not convinced we can actually afford to keep a lot of them.
                Co-Founder of the Dubai R's
                Follow me on Twitter @Tarbie82

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                  Hall - 1 year extension
                  Lynch - Release
                  Bidwell - Release
                  Rangel - 1 year deal
                  Cousins - Release
                  Shodipo - depends how he plays in the next few months.
                  Wszolek - 2 year extension
                  That saves us about 50k a week. Only another 134k to go.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    TF said on pod there are no concerns financially about next season

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Id like to think Pawel happy here under McLaren, i think Rangel is a must as personally id like to see Furlong at CB once safe this season offers more pace than others. Bidwell does ok ronseal player. CF a must sign Wells and another, if we ok financially this squad needs experience to go with youth as Cameron and Rangel proved.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by davieqpr View Post

                        That saves us about 50k a week. Only another 134k to go.
                        personally think we will also sell one or two for a fair few quid in the summer.

                        freeman around 7mil and possibly smith.

                        So maybe you need to add those fees to your savings
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Unless we can find a couple of gems in close season, next season is going to be a real struggle, assuming we are still in championship. Can't honestly see the ones out on loan coming back and making a huge difference. A million miles away from the top teams this season and next season promises to be even more difficult .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            What?? Who will you replace him with? On a sidenote; You are of course entitled to your opinion..
                            Good player but been very inconsistent. If we could see the Pav that turned up at home to Villa more often then yeah give him a new contract. Needs to really up his game IMO as we've got a fair few wingers in our squad before the potential summer transfer / loan window.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

                              Good player but been very inconsistent. If we could see the Pav that turned up at home to Villa more often then yeah give him a new contract. Needs to really up his game IMO as we've got a fair few wingers in our squad before the potential summer transfer / loan window.
                              OK.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X