X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanley
    replied
    Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    Mate the bottom line is with our paper thin squad and no cover for Luongo plus the January embargo , Les and co should have noted the ozie fixtures and replace him in the summer if the was interest from other clubs
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing mate. Perhaps they didn't anticipate Geoffrey being out for so long, and the utter turdedness of Joshua?

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley View Post

Where I agree with you is his futile jaunt across the globe did him (and by extension, us) any favours whatsoever.
    Mate the bottom line is with our paper thin squad and no cover for Luongo plus the January embargo , Les and co should have noted the ozie fixtures and replace him in the summer if the was interest from other clubs

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Right but they were injured they had no choice , we ticked over when they first were out of the side and of course it caurght up with us
    Where I agree with you is his futile jaunt across the globe did him (and by extension, us) no favours whatsoever.

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Dogs. Scowen has been ever present while we have been on this run and sorry but he is just #### no more no less. An utter waste of a player and brings nothing at all to the other than a slow pedestrian pace in the middle of the park. From the 1st minute of the 2nd half you knew we were playing with pace and purpose.
    Gordon Bennett it's not about scowens he hasn't been sunning himself for seven games then retuning with a loss of match sharpness for the next three games
    scowens cousins and Manning are much of a muchness but in our squad there is only one Lunogo so it makes him a liability when he's away sitting on a bench

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied

I do get your point dogs, but I think Cameron and Rangel have been far bigger losses to the side than Luongo, in terms of dropped points IMO. For example, Cameron and Cousins would have worked well as an option, whilst Mass was away.
    Right but they were injured they had no choice , we ticked over when they first were out of the side and of course it caurght up with us

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    10/10 or if i could 11 for matty, outstanding, also makes a mockery of macs comments regarding smith like hes only just discovered hes not bad lol.

Anyway onwards and upwards

Its just a bad couple of months at the office.

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Smith was motm v pompey in my opinion based on defending in our box and as an attacking threat.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Tbh i was quite lucky as i missed all the first half, but from watching the second half, luongo wasnt too bad, loved the tempo we played, more like a ollie team having a go, something we`ve goto start doing more of, beats me the slating on here of smith yet that was one of the best centre forward displays today for awhile at head quarters, to think some wanted him gone to millwall and others not wanting him near the first team lol, beggars belief, we`ve got some right tough fixtures coming up now til the end of the season & by our form theres only bout 2 obviousish wins, but more like the second half today performances and we`ll grab a few shock wins, just needs mac to stop parking the bus and believe in the lads, thought we were also a vast improvement without eze, for me has been slowing our play down too much.
    I mainly agree. . But rearding Eze: It wouldn`t surprise if he played a blinder against Watford. Given he against all odds will be given a chance in that match..

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
    Scowen was our MOTM against Portsmouth and Wigan....
    Playing against league 1 side in Portsmouth that’s why. Was not st Wigan so will take your word for it but if he was mom how bad were the other ten.

Leave a comment:

• Timmy the Doc
    replied
    Scowen was our MOTM against Portsmouth and Wigan....

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Dogs. Scowen has been ever present while we have been on this run and sorry but he is just #### no more no less. An utter waste of a player and brings nothing at all to the other than a slow pedestrian pace in the middle of the park. From the 1st minute of the 2nd half you knew we were playing with pace and purpose.

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    You don't get my point Stan I'm not him as player it's the games he misses string on the ozie bench and comes back with the loss of match sharpness , do you think we could or would be picked up points if he hadn't done his bench job for Oz ??
    I do get your point dogs, but I think Cameron and Rangel have been far bigger losses to the side than Luongo, in terms of dropped points IMO. For example, Cameron and Cousins would have worked well as an option, whilst Mass was away.

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    Never thought he was that bad. Now let’s hace conversation about mr one dimensional I’m a fraud of a footballer Scowen. Think would rather start with ten men then see him again

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied

Yeah but he was a lot better 2nd half with Cousins beside him, right?

And the Cameron / Luongo partnership is still to be rekindled, which is what we had during that superb run!
    You don't get my point Stan I'm not knocking him as player it's the games he misses sitting on the ozie bench and comes back with the loss of match sharpness , do you think we could or wouldve picked up points if he hadn't done his bench job for Oz ??

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Yeah but he's not an integral part of the side we can get by without him Stan but Luongo is big miss that upsets the rythmn of the side ten games Buddy is hard to cover
    Yeah but he was a lot better 2nd half with Cousins beside him, right?

And the Cameron / Luongo partnership is still to be rekindled, which is what we had during that superb run!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X