Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abseits
    replied
    Most penalties are very poor in my view. A very mediocre side-footed kick that goes just a few feet off centre but still goes in cos keeper dives the other way is lauded as a " good penalty" simply by dint of it going in. This completely ignores the fact it was a very weak and poorly aimed kick. Most takers take them too quickly too...... There's no law that says you have to start your run-up when ref blows whistle.... Kicker ought to take several deep breaths, compose himself and then leather the flipping thing.

Leave a comment:

• Kit
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Only reason their players were in the box was that Wells did that silly little stutter in his run up.

Personally I didn't feel confident the minute Wells stepped up. I'd have given it to Freeman on current form.
    Agree he never looked confident and let their player get in his ear during the build up but one of their players who had encroached cleared the ball, so it should have been retaken. He may well have missed again but rules are there, went against us v Pompey when Kenny saves a pen but ref said players encroached and made them retake it and they scored !

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    He missed last kick at Reading too

Leave a comment:

• 3London
    replied
    I thought Bidwell was our penalty taker

Leave a comment:

• Leweshoop
    replied
    Yes awful pen, it played well I just hope he gets no stick for missing it didt ourselves down after an almost incredible fight back and let’s bang in 3 on Friday night

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by Kit View Post

Yep seen the picture absolutely ridiculous and the player nearest the ref cleared the ball but 2 players almost up with Wells right in refs eyeline !
    Only reason their players were in the box was that Wells did that silly little stutter in his run up.

Personally I didn't feel confident the minute Wells stepped up. I'd have given it to Freeman on current form.

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    Gutted for Nahki. Looked totally devastated. Even messaged on twitter to apologise. Sometimes it doesn't go for you. We move on. Need to put it right Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• Alanwycombe
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
    You all still creaming over him? Unprofessional. Who does he think he is stuttering fancy pen last min. JN
    Would you have liked to take it? Last gasp, so much depending on it, crowd full of expectation and all eyes on you. Professional yes, human also.

Leave a comment:

• Alanwycombe
    replied
    Originally posted by 72bus View Post
    5 brum players in the box when he took pen , should of been retaken , if u get to see the pic of it one player is almost level with wells
    Every pen you see these days should be retaken. Just another one of the laws that has gone by the board.

Leave a comment:

• Joe90
    replied
    Really wouldn't give him a hard time, he looked devastated at the whistle. After all the effort he and the team put in, sure he feels like crap.

Leave a comment:

• Kit
    replied
    Originally posted by 72bus View Post
    5 brum players in the box when he took pen , should of been retaken , if u get to see the pic of it one player is almost level with wells
    Yep seen the picture absolutely ridiculous and the player nearest the ref cleared the ball but 2 players almost up with Wells right in refs eyeline !

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Run his ###### off in the 2nd half and set up smith's second. 1st half was feeding off scraps so much rather give credit for his 2nd half performance.

Leave a comment:

• Gtleighsr3
    replied
    hang him,burn him alive in a cage
    or just give him a break

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Did you throw a Chewit at him?

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Could be the reason why he is at QPR. All things considered I would still say we are very lucky to have him

Leave a comment:

Working...
X