• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Bidwell was our penalty taker

Comment

He missed last kick at Reading too

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Only reason their players were in the box was that Wells did that silly little stutter in his run up.

Personally I didn't feel confident the minute Wells stepped up. I'd have given it to Freeman on current form.
        Agree he never looked confident and let their player get in his ear during the build up but one of their players who had encroached cleared the ball, so it should have been retaken. He may well have missed again but rules are there, went against us v Pompey when Kenny saves a pen but ref said players encroached and made them retake it and they scored !

Comment

Most penalties are very poor in my view. A very mediocre side-footed kick that goes just a few feet off centre but still goes in cos keeper dives the other way is lauded as a " good penalty" simply by dint of it going in. This completely ignores the fact it was a very weak and poorly aimed kick. Most takers take them too quickly too...... There's no law that says you have to start your run-up when ref blows whistle.... Kicker ought to take several deep breaths, compose himself and then leather the flipping thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Only reason their players were in the box was that Wells did that silly little stutter in his run up.

Personally I didn't feel confident the minute Wells stepped up. I'd have given it to Freeman on current form.
            I’d have let Matt Smith take it for his hat-trick. Absolutely leather it in the approximate direction of Camp’s neck. Unstoppable.

Comment

People say you can't practice pens becuase you can't replicate the tension. But if you know your players, you know who can handle pressure, you know who thrives on it. Put that together with practice and suddenly the pk's get converted.

NW is great for us but yer PK man needs the temprament.....

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                Most penalties are very poor in my view. A very mediocre side-footed kick that goes just a few feet off centre but still goes in cos keeper dives the other way is lauded as a " good penalty" simply by dint of it going in. This completely ignores the fact it was a very weak and poorly aimed kick. Most takers take them too quickly too...... There's no law that says you have to start your run-up when ref blows whistle.... Kicker ought to take several deep breaths, compose himself and then leather the flipping thing.
                Completely disagree. Best penalty takers are the ones who send the keeper the wrong way every time (Hazard, Aguero, Yaya Toure), why bother putting it in the corner and risk missing when you know the keepers dived the other way?

Comment

i blame maclaren where was the shape of the midfield to stop che evans cousins should have started why did he use bright samuel or he could have started withe eze im sure maclaren left lumley completely unguarded and as many readers have said why use lynch hes completly finished so why not put furlong in the middle with liestner
                  Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

Would you have liked to take it? Last gasp, so much depending on it, crowd full of expectation and all eyes on you. Professional yes, human also.
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Can't be easy taking a pen after watching all the crowd turn away coz they can't look !

Comment

Lately he has looked more Nackered Wells than Nakhi Wells.

Comment

The work he puts in for the team it's hardly surprising

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                            5 brum players in the box when he took pen , should of been retaken , if u get to see the pic of it one player is almost level with wells
                            Good point however surely the point of a stutter is to get the keeper to dive then roll it in the opposite corner.

Agreed though that he doesn't deserve any stick for this as he has been excellent for QPR.

However the ref was a tw.at who failed to give a penalty eatlier in the half when Smith was shoved in the back. So many soft penalties are awarded for barely a touch and both Luongo and Smith have been clearly pushed without one given.

Comment

score the winner tonight is how wells pays us back

Comment

Donkey. JN

Comment

Working...
                                X