X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
    Lumley is a poor keeper, distribution poor, shocking in the air, and saves very little, he mis punches or completely misses the ball on most crosses,
    Definitely should have done better with the first and possibly the second by coming out quicker but the 3rd was from a totally unmarked point blank header and the fourth came off the post to which Adams reacted far quicker than anyone.

As for saves very little, how about that save at 4-3 ? Would have killed the game off if he hadn't saved that !?

People forget how young Lumley is and for all the slightly nervy moments (of which I can only really recall 1 error v Preston) he is still the best keeper we have.

Leave a comment:

• Kit
    replied
    Well it is a funny old game, school boy defending first half, third goal was Sunday park defending, and out muscled by the 2 big strikers but second half wow, what a response only marred by awful ref. How we didn’t get 3 pens and they didn’t go down to 10 men, only Ref knows but we did get the chance and Nahki messed it up, just wanted him to wally it rather than the stuttering run up but deserved the draw and at 4-0 you wouldn’t have thought that.

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    72 we moved it much quicker in the 2nd half when Scowen was taken off

Leave a comment:

• 72bus
    replied
    from where i sit near the school end couldn't see if lumley was at fault for goals , he did make a good save toward the end of the game , one of our biggest faults is we don't move the ball forward quickly enough . 5 0r 6 passes between the defence and scowen then pass back to lumley for him to lump it , hence the opposition get back into shape and another attack breaks down , we need to learn to mix it up a bit . we were far to predictable in the first half

Leave a comment:

• gator
    replied
    Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Actually City were very classy first half. Largely because we played a static two in the middle against their central and fluid diamond of four. Freeman and BzoS were peripheral and didn't get the ball (some early flashes from Bos notwithstanding) Che Adams (who he ed?) was fantastic. It wasn't just that Lynch was poor.
    Yes, agree with this which makes me wonder why SM didn't change things up sooner as we were not coping with their midfield formation at all!

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Cameron and more importantly Rangel have been huge misses for us. Furlong could well end up at centre back as not sure about his distribution as a right back.

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    Actually City were very classy first half. Largely because we played a static two in the middle against their central and fluid diamond of four. Freeman and BzoS were peripheral and didn't get the ball (some early flashes from Bos notwithstanding) Che Adams (who he ed?) was fantastic. It wasn't just that Lynch was poor.

Leave a comment:

• Joe90
    replied
    Where to start, from one of the most shambolic and disgraceful first half performance I have seen, to a rip roaring second half where we tore Birmingham apart, how you explain those 2 half’s I do not know.
    To me its how we approach these games, first 45 conceded possesion and played like the away team, second was how we should approach it as a home team, go for the win.

The penalty could have set off wild scenes of disbelief, however it was a shocker, we had countless chances and should have had another pen.

Was it the subs, change of formation, or just the realization that Birmingham were not that good.
    we gifted all 4 goals with a combination of appalling defender and more to the point shocking goalkeeping, saw one thread on here with the question is Lumley better than Smithies, maybe the worst question ever asked on here, Lumley is a poor keeper, distribution poor, shocking in the air, and saves very little, he mis punches or completely misses the ball on most crosses,
    another shocker from Furlong, he is another player who I’m not totally convinced about.

All in all a game of massive highs and lows, but Nakki why did u not bury it for one of the greatest comebacks since Port Vale.
    Fair assessment. Think McLaren's changes were spot on and the team have to be given some credit for their effort second half. How we can play so badly is a real concern, shouldn't be putting yourself in that situation. Also, Birmingham really weren't that good. Cousins surpsingly made a massive difference. Best I've ever seen him play for us.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Agree, whole back 4 first half were a shambles, really missing Cameron as he covers the back 4 superbly, allowing Mass to push forward more.
    Going back to Furlong long term I am not totally convinced at right back, potential maybe to move inside as his timing for headers is first class.
    Him and Rangel out have cost us massively..

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied

In reverse not easy for defenders to have a poor keeper behind them, pass it back to him and it’s usually aimlessly kicked upfield or into the crowd
    That is definitly a week part of his play. I can see that.

Leave a comment:

• Romford Hoop
    replied
    Originally posted by Shania View Post
    Not easy for Lumley to have a totally unpredictable defence in front of him.. IMO, he is a good and promising goalkeeper.
    In reverse not easy for defenders to have a poor keeper behind them, pass it back to him and it’s usually aimlessly kicked upfield or into the crowd

Leave a comment:

• Romford Hoop
    replied
    Agree, whole back 4 first half were a shambles, really missing Cameron as he covers the back 4 superbly, allowing Mass to push forward more.
    Going back to Furlong long term I am not totally convinced at right back, potential maybe to move inside as his timing for headers is first class.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Not easy for Lumley to have a totally unpredictable defence in front of him.. IMO, he is a good and promising goalkeeper.

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied
    Have to admit, I’m not convinced by lumley , not just on today’s performance but all season . I think he has got lucky quite a bit this season and not a touch on smithies.He has so much to improve on and I hope he does because our finances won’t allow us to spend on a keeper in the summer.

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    He’s better then Lynch who people adore he was woeful today

Leave a comment:

Working...
X