On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Where to start, from one of the most shambolic and disgraceful first half performance I have seen, to a rip roaring second half where we tore Birmingham apart, how you explain those 2 half’s I do not know.
    To me its how we approach these games, first 45 conceded possesion and played like the away team, second was how we should approach it as a home team, go for the win.

The penalty could have set off wild scenes of disbelief, however it was a shocker, we had countless chances and should have had another pen.

Was it the subs, change of formation, or just the realization that Birmingham were not that good.
    we gifted all 4 goals with a combination of appalling defender and more to the point shocking goalkeeping, saw one thread on here with the question is Lumley better than Smithies, maybe the worst question ever asked on here, Lumley is a poor keeper, distribution poor, shocking in the air, and saves very little, he mis punches or completely misses the ball on most crosses,
    another shocker from Furlong, he is another player who I’m not totally convinced about.

All in all a game of massive highs and lows, but Nakki why did u not bury it for one of the greatest comebacks since Port Vale.

I agree re Lumley totally
    If he was in goal first four games of season he would have been dropped for sure
    we have 2 iffy goalies
    Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

What did Furlong do wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        What did Furlong do wrong?
        Just in my opinion he is a League one defender,gets caught out of position and generally his passing was poor, Rangel totally different class

Comment

He’s better then Lynch who people adore he was woeful today

Comment

Have to admit, I’m not convinced by lumley , not just on today’s performance but all season . I think he has got lucky quite a bit this season and not a touch on smithies.He has so much to improve on and I hope he does because our finances won’t allow us to spend on a keeper in the summer.

Comment

Not easy for Lumley to have a totally unpredictable defence in front of him.. IMO, he is a good and promising goalkeeper.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Agree, whole back 4 first half were a shambles, really missing Cameron as he covers the back 4 superbly, allowing Mass to push forward more.
                Going back to Furlong long term I am not totally convinced at right back, potential maybe to move inside as his timing for headers is first class.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  Not easy for Lumley to have a totally unpredictable defence in front of him.. IMO, he is a good and promising goalkeeper.
                  In reverse not easy for defenders to have a poor keeper behind them, pass it back to him and it’s usually aimlessly kicked upfield or into the crowd

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post

In reverse not easy for defenders to have a poor keeper behind them, pass it back to him and it’s usually aimlessly kicked upfield or into the crowd
                    That is definitly a week part of his play. I can see that.

QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Agree, whole back 4 first half were a shambles, really missing Cameron as he covers the back 4 superbly, allowing Mass to push forward more.
                      Going back to Furlong long term I am not totally convinced at right back, potential maybe to move inside as his timing for headers is first class.
                      Him and Rangel out have cost us massively..
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Where to start, from one of the most shambolic and disgraceful first half performance I have seen, to a rip roaring second half where we tore Birmingham apart, how you explain those 2 half’s I do not know.
                        To me its how we approach these games, first 45 conceded possesion and played like the away team, second was how we should approach it as a home team, go for the win.

The penalty could have set off wild scenes of disbelief, however it was a shocker, we had countless chances and should have had another pen.

Was it the subs, change of formation, or just the realization that Birmingham were not that good.
                        we gifted all 4 goals with a combination of appalling defender and more to the point shocking goalkeeping, saw one thread on here with the question is Lumley better than Smithies, maybe the worst question ever asked on here, Lumley is a poor keeper, distribution poor, shocking in the air, and saves very little, he mis punches or completely misses the ball on most crosses,
                        another shocker from Furlong, he is another player who I’m not totally convinced about.

All in all a game of massive highs and lows, but Nakki why did u not bury it for one of the greatest comebacks since Port Vale.
                        Fair assessment. Think McLaren's changes were spot on and the team have to be given some credit for their effort second half. How we can play so badly is a real concern, shouldn't be putting yourself in that situation. Also, Birmingham really weren't that good. Cousins surpsingly made a massive difference. Best I've ever seen him play for us.

Comment

Actually City were very classy first half. Largely because we played a static two in the middle against their central and fluid diamond of four. Freeman and BzoS were peripheral and didn't get the ball (some early flashes from Bos notwithstanding) Che Adams (who he ed?) was fantastic. It wasn't just that Lynch was poor.

Comment

Cameron and more importantly Rangel have been huge misses for us. Furlong could well end up at centre back as not sure about his distribution as a right back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              Actually City were very classy first half. Largely because we played a static two in the middle against their central and fluid diamond of four. Freeman and BzoS were peripheral and didn't get the ball (some early flashes from Bos notwithstanding) Che Adams (who he ed?) was fantastic. It wasn't just that Lynch was poor.
                              Yes, agree with this which makes me wonder why SM didn't change things up sooner as we were not coping with their midfield formation at all!
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                              X