No announcement yet.

For Ollie lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't changed my mind about him. Overall he did an ok job with us under difficult circumstances. I am happy we changed him as I think he probably couldn't take us any further,
    To use words like 'horrendous' to describe his tenure with us is a bit ridiculous in my opinion but there is an element of wind up on this thread I appreciate.
    I am guessing we are still paying his contract which may be why he hasn't got another job. Why would he take one on if it meant forfeiting a higher salary? I doubt any of us would. Still it is more convenient to say no-one wants him I guess.

Comment

Interesting point about contract Croydon but if that the case surely he would be prevented from working on Talksport, Quest and Sky too

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Interesting point about contract Croydon but if that the case surely he would be prevented from working on Talksport, Quest and Sky too
        That is a good point but I guess that would all be in the detail. I have no knowledge of whether this is the case other than a Wimbledon fan I know who seemed to think it was the reason he didn't join them or was a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

I think managing at the top level has become too much about managing egos for Jose. Half the problem is his own ego is absolutely massive.

Look at the Chelsea team Jose did will with. Terry, Makele, Lampard, Robben, Duff etc. Whether you like them or not these were players that probably didn't need much motivating.

Switch to the job he had at Man Utd, where his senior pros are players like Paul Pogba, Alexis Sanchez, Jesse Lingard etc. Prima Donnas the lot of them. More fussed about looking good on Instagram than they are winning trophies.

Managers these days need to know how to manage egos, and get the best out of the younger generation who are very differently wired to players of 10 years back.
          Bit harsh on Lingard that. He's always come across as a grounded, decent sort.

The other two you mention............

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post

Bit harsh on Lingard that. He's always come across as a grounded, decent sort.

The other two you mention............
            Don't get me wrong mate, Lingard seems a nice kid. But he's a proper wanna-be Instagram celeb.

He got slated by a number of ex-pros including Roy Keane and Gary Neville for launching his clothing line on the same week as Liverpool away earlier this season.

Hardly crime of the century I know, but the point I'm trying to make is players have very different priorities and motivations these days. Must be a nightmare managing those types of egos.

Comment

Never mind down the road, the job Jose did at Iner was a miracle.

What's changed is the culture. Managers do not have the type of power and control they had when he started. Partly a boardroom thing, partly a player thing. The stakes just became way too high to leave to the gaffer. City foir example are just a wholly owned subsidiary of the UAE. The top clubs in Europe aren't really football clubs anymore. They are corporate holdings, to be exploited and traded at any price.

I don't think this really suits Jose. Abramovic gave him the degree of control he needed. He wouldn't get that anymore.

Comment

Give the fella his due, he kept us in this division in very very #### times.
                And gave game time to the younguns who are now being noticed........

Build the ####er a statue ...i say

Comment

It won’t be popular and can imagine first person who will challenge, but he done exactly what JFH would have done. Both would have kept us up and both should have kept us us. One was was to negative and boring the other too erratic and liked hoof ball

good riddance to both; clubs bigger and better then both of them. Saw JFH on Sky earlier zzzz imagine the team talks

Comment

Working...
                  X