Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fernandes trying to leverage fans loyalty and QPR community status..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Oh, the club have just released this statement.

"Lee Hoos on QPR's need to leave Loftus Road": https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news...e-loftus-road/

Guess they've been reading the fan sites ;-)
    Nothing new in that is there think they can use the fans as a lever ? The way I read things is the council won't give planing permission for LR if they want to take the club out of the borough

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Nothing new in that is there think they can use the fans as a lever ? The way I read things is the council won't give planing permission for LR if they want to take the club out of the borough
      That’s the difference with council attitudes though. Ealing ( also Labour) backed the plans for Warren Farm and if I’m correct in thinking it was their legal team who fought all the way to the supreme courts. Personally think the club are right in using whatever lever they can to get a new home in the borough, and it looks like the amazing work the community team do has little influence with the council. If I was still living in the borough I would be asking my local councillors to support the club, unfortunately now 90 miles away

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post

That’s the difference with council attitudes though. Ealing ( also Labour) backed the plans for Warren Farm and if I’m correct in thinking it was their legal team who fought all the way to the supreme courts. Personally think the club are right in using whatever lever they can to get a new home in the borough, and it looks like the amazing work the community team do has little influence with the council. If I was still living in the borough I would be asking my local councillors to support the club, unfortunately now 90 miles away
        What and give away Batman close ?? Those residents will get the same treatment as other London council Tennant's got move out while we renovate the block and you can come back to a new flat great isn't it ? The only snag is they can never afford the rent , and the flat goes to city worker that can just take a 10 minutes stroll down white city STN jump on a train to Liverpool Street and bingo their in the heart of the banking and financial centre ,
        also T F says he isn't and never was a property developer hasnt he got one on the go up by where Macro is or was ,

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post

Top post.
          Anyone who thinks we should move to Uxbridge or Feltham must have a screw loose. We’d be ripping the heart and soul out of our club. I’d rather watch us in the same cramped stadium playing championship football in 10 years time than selling ourselves out just so we can play the so called big boys.
          Does it always have to be about the fuking premier league ffs.
          Do you think we would still be playing Championship with the smallest stadium and income?

Comment

Replying to
            @LBHF
            Regarding Bateman close it was logical as a way to the park. That was suggested by architects. The council said no way and so it was dropped. Unbelievable it was one discussion outside Loftus Road with the leader.

above is a response to LBHF, seeing as no response/ denial by the council then I tend to believe the above statement and that the council were using it to alienate local residents. I firmly believe that we should pay a going rate for the LCS but not be held to ransom / over inflated price. That was my initial point, we need the council onside / support to both develop LCS and Loftus Road, something Ealing council were totally on board with as the saw value and sustainability to their community

Comment

The bottom line is that the council haven't bent over for Uncle.

Why should they? If we want LC its gonna cost us.

The Hoos statement is mendacious nonsense, no change there. The current ownes bought into the club knowing full well that apart from a complete rebuild of LR, the potential was limited. But capcirty and stadium revenue matter less than they ever have in the top tier. We could afford to stay at LR if we maximise our share of media riights, and the only way to do that is on the park. That means avoiding monumental FFP scenarios and knuckling down to the job in hand.

Don't buy the spin.

Comment

A new stadium is needed, . Preferably in W12. if not lge 1 football tops is all there is
                And if i'm faced with my team being a rochdale, halifax or hartlepool, i won't bother with them.
                Now I can't go regularly to LR so i know i'll be told you won't be missed.
                But i do buy from the club shop, so that revenue will be gone, and it won't be just me
                And kids will be going to watch other teams so pretty soon LR will be empty too
                You've got to have the ambition, or the club dies

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post
                  Replying to
                  @LBHF
                  Regarding Bateman close it was logical as a way to the park. That was suggested by architects. The council said no way and so it was dropped. Unbelievable it was one discussion outside Loftus Road with the leader.

above is a response to LBHF, seeing as no response/ denial by the council then I tend to believe the above statement and that the council were using it to alienate local residents. I firmly believe that we should pay a going rate for the LCS but not be held to ransom / over inflated price. That was my initial point, we need the council onside / support to both develop LCS and Loftus Road, something Ealing council were totally on board with as the saw value and sustainability to their community
                  The difference is Ealing council wants rid of W F and the cost of maintaining a piece of land that can only be used as playing field or open land , where they can get income from QPR in the form of commercial rates plus they gain a fully maintained sports facility for public use in return , there is absolutely no comparison to LR/LC

Comment

Couldn't see anything on here so thought I'd post. Doesn't make good reading for anybody wanting to stay in the Borough ​​​​​​
                    #QPR have issued a statement regarding the club's need to move away from Loftus Road. Read in full: http://qprng.rs/Statement080219

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      The bottom line is that the council haven't bent over for Uncle.

Why should they? If we want LC its gonna cost us.

The Hoos statement is mendacious nonsense, no change there. The current ownes bought into the club knowing full well that apart from a complete rebuild of LR, the potential was limited. But capcirty and stadium revenue matter less than they ever have in the top tier. We could afford to stay at LR if we maximise our share of media riights, and the only way to do that is on the park. That means avoiding monumental FFP scenarios and knuckling down to the job in hand.

Don't buy the spin.
                      This
                      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        A new stadium is needed, . Preferably in W12. if not lge 1 football tops is all there is
                        And if i'm faced with my team being a rochdale, halifax or hartlepool, i won't bother with them.
                        But i do buy from the club shop, so that revenue will be gone, and it won't be just me
                        Thats simply not not true ,me old china . Bournemouth are doing alright arn`t they , on a #### stadium with 11300 capacity .

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                          I had this argument a million times with others , when Fernandes first bought us .
                          Trust me Rangers arnt going to die even if we stay at Loftus Rd , granted we wont grow , but do you really want us to turn into something we are not ?
                          The majority of the lads i grew up with are Chelsea ,they all used to love going ,stood on the Shed ,progressed to the Benches ,staunch true blue Chelsea . They used to average about 18000 then ,won naff all , but the boys loved it . ( have to admit ,ive stood with them more than a few times in the Shed and always had a laugh , , no matter how staunch an R you are , you ve got give Chelsea in the 80s top marks for atmosphere at least ) Ive seen all my pals stop going , their club has changed beyond all recognision , the trophy cabinet is full ,but the real fans arnt welcome no more . Priced out ,sold out . They all buy their kids replica shirts ,watch the match down the pub in Mitcham/ Sutton and reminise about the good old days ,when they were s hit.
                          We are still lucky ,much luckier than them ,we still have the club we fell in love with .

Comment

• Might not die but we will regress

Comment

• So in short, bungle wants to dump our club out towards middlesex and into a rented stadium while he gets his hands onto the real estate at Loftus Road which once converted into residential properties, he will make back all his losses.
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post

Thats simply not not true ,me old china . Bournemouth are doing alright arn`t they , on a #### stadium with 11300 capacity .
                                Exception to the rule vesp

Comment

Working...
                                X