Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fernandes trying to leverage fans loyalty and QPR community status..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a shocking statement of the F&H council, asking for owners to give away the club to fans. It is not the job of the council to ask a club owner to give the club away. I find it hard to be believe any other local authority has given such a unfriendly message to a football club and it owners.

English football clubs cannot survive without wealthy owners, maybe with exception of the likes of Man U that have immense income through a global fan base and from decades of great brand building. The FFP might restrict how much money the owners can inject in the club (maximum loss of £13m on average for a Championship club). If we were owned by fans it is unlikely the fans would come up with this sort on annual financial injection, and we would likely be a League 1 or 2 club at best, if not further down the leagues.

Given the statement of the council I see no other option for QPR than to move out of the area. The long term sustainability is dependent on a new stadium.

I think it is time the fans tell the council and Fernandes we are all behind the club and our owners.

Comment

Ain't all this grand when we're three games from a Wembley Cup Final. F uck that Labour Council, BTW. What has it ever done for the club?

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
        What a shocking statement of the F&H council, asking for owners to give away the club to fans. It is not the job of the council to ask a club owner to give the club away. I find it hard to be believe any other local authority has given such a unfriendly message to a football club and it owners.

English football clubs cannot survive without wealthy owners, maybe with exception of the likes of Man U that have immense income through a global fan base and from decades of great brand building. The FFP might restrict how much money the owners can inject in the club (maximum loss of £13m on average for a Championship club). If we were owned by fans it is unlikely the fans would come up with this sort on annual financial injection, and we would likely be a League 1 or 2 club at best, if not further down the leagues.

Given the statement of the council I see no other option for QPR than to move out of the area. The long term sustainability is dependent on a new stadium.

I think it is time the fans tell the council and Fernandes we are all behind the club and our owners.

It's a Labour Council. It spends other people's money on dross.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

It does make me wonder though. They must really dislike Tony and his cronies to take such a stance!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

It does make me wonder though. They must really dislike Tony and his cronies to take such a stance!
            Can you blame them ,when Fernandes goes running off to the press , bad mouthing the very people he is trying to make a bargain with ?
            We need to pay the council what the land is worth and stop f ucking about . The way TF alienated Tony Mendes at Cargiant should have taught the board a lesson in how not to deal with people .
            This could be our last chance to stay around W12 ,we cant risk messing this up ( again )
            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              ...to further his property development aims. At least that's how I see it.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a4059136.html

H&F council have responded:

https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/articles/new...rs-loftus-road

Both parties calling on us fans to lobby for different ends. Do you trust Fernandes here? Bottom line, if QPR move out of H&F, that might be the last straw for me. I don't want to support a team based in farkin Ruislip or Hillingdon.

Thoughts?
              I think you see it a little skew wiff mate

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post

It's a Labour Council. It spends other people's money on dross.
                FUkin Labour

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I dont want us to move out there at all Dave , if i wanted to support a team in the suburbs i would have nailed all my colours to Sutton Utd

Comment

FUkin Labour
                    lol ,i`m ignoring that

Comment

Does not make the club look great and as Vespa said after the way the whole car giant stuff was handled you would have hoped he might have changed his ways.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                        Does not make the club look great and as Vespa said after the way the whole car giant stuff was handled you would have hoped he might have changed his ways.
                        Thats the thing 73 ,the council have a responsibility to their council tax payers ,they cant just hand over public property to an overseas private investor at a reduced rate .
                        I`m hoping Amit takes the reigns on this one ,because Fernandes looks on course to screw this whole deal up

Comment

Just buy the LC site then all systems go. Even that is gonna take years to sort out with the green people and dogs.

Comment

I don't think so Dave. It looks like Tone is trying to screw H&F over this to me. As Lad says above, just buy the the LC site at the right price and get on with it.

Comment

Extraordinarily unprofessional from both sides.
                              The Council statement goes way off their remit talking about ownership of the club. Absolutely incredible public spat.

Comment

F*ck Off Chelsea
                                West Surrey is Ours

Comment

Working...
                                X