Last night’s game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night’s game

What a great atmosphere. Really felt like a trip to the past, with a cracking, old-fashioned cup game. I didn’t hear one negative moan from the crowd, and the excellent Pompey fans added their voices to make the night even better. Two real teams with proper supporters. Great to forget the Dreaded Premier League. Lots of good performances, but pleasing to see Grant Hall, Scowen and Mat Smith doing well.

thought it was a great night out, atmosphere was rocking last night and we played our hearts out from the very first minute. we got to every second ball and looked much improved on recent weeks. credit to pompey and their fans too, their team played with a heck of a lot of grit and didn't make it easy for us at all and their fans sung their heart out all night.

loved last night! i'm so pleased that we're getting a credible cup run for the first time in my life! who'd have thought we'd have made the last 16 at the start of the season?!

Comment

What it proves give us something to shout about and we'll turn up , message stop disrespecting cup games

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        What it proves give us something to shout about and we'll turn up , message stop disrespecting cup games
        This.

Comment

Thought it was a classic cup game and Pompey fans were first class. Love a game under the lights when hq Is crackling like that. Loved it

Comment

Really odd walk up crowd. So many people I’ve never seen before who you would not expect to see at a football game. Good we’re drawing in random faces good sign

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
              Thought it was a classic cup game and Pompey fans were first class. Love a game under the lights when hq Is crackling like that. Loved it
              Couldn't hear them from the Loft to be honest, other than when they piped up their "anthem". Good turnout though, fair play.

Comment

From where I was in T block Ellerslie which is just the loft side of the halfway line, it sounded like the Pompey fans were louder first half. Once we turned the screw on them a bit more second half we definitely edged it in terms of noise.
                On another note I got chatting to an old boy next to me and he said he’d been following us since 1948. If that’s true, and ive no reason to doubt him, that’s quite something.
                The club should be giving people like that a free season ticket imo.
                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                Will Danaher

Comment

fellas behind me in the queue got turned away because they were not on the database , really enjoyed last nite

Comment

Atmosphere was pretty good. I said in another thread that Y/X and R block need to sing the same songs more. At times (I was stood in the press bit at the back of V) I could hear both singing but different songs, so it doesn't come across as loud as it should do.

Comment

latest?cb=20130320173053&path-prefix=it.jpg
                      https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                        What a great atmosphere. Really felt like a trip to the past, with a cracking, old-fashioned cup game. I didn’t hear one negative moan from the crowd, and the excellent Pompey fans added their voices to make the night even better. Two real teams with proper supporters. Great to forget the Dreaded Premier League. Lots of good performances, but pleasing to see Grant Hall, Scowen and Mat Smith doing well.
                        I had 5 blokes behind me moaning at every single move that didn't come off for us last night. Laying into every player they could. P issed me right off. I'm sure they must think our players are robots. Must also be loads of fans around the stadium like this.

Comment

Didnt get to see the game last night so had to put up with just commentary, but the atmosphere came over quite loud, and reminded me of in the early 80s listening in on the radio.
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                            Atmosphere was pretty good. I said in another thread that Y/X and R block need to sing the same songs more. At times (I was stood in the press bit at the back of V) I could hear both singing but different songs, so it doesn't come across as loud as it should do.
                            We can't hear a thing from X/Y Block over where I am in R but it was the same in reverse when I used to sit in X Block.
                            It must just be the acoustics. Hopefully the players can hear both on the pitch.

Comment

I think the noise carries forward better than it does sideways. Must admit, when I am in Y i can't hear exactly what R are saying but you can hear noise.

Comment

Working...
                              X