No announcement yet.

'He's amazing': Stevenage fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything has to be put in a financial context.

But the Chair thing did baffle me. He's 21 ffs. The others I understand but this was bizarre. Can we recall him at any point or is that it for the duration?

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
      Stevenage are in league 2 for goodness sake! Let’s keep some perspective here.
      I was about to say similar.

Are any of us really surprised that Chair is impressing at League 2 Stevenage Borough? Most of us are in agreement that he is at very least on the brink of being good enough for our first team. He's being kept out by Pawel, a Polish international and Luke Freeman who has been courted by some top flight clubs.

Of course he's gonna impress dropping down 2 leagues. The important thing is that he's getting game time, learning and building up his confidence. I'm sure he'll be a first team regular here next season!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Are any of us really surprised that Chair is impressing at League 2 Stevenage Borough? Most of us are in agreement that he is at very least on the brink of being good enough for our first team. He's being kept out by Pawel, a Polish international and Luke Freeman who has been courted by some top flight clubs.

Of course he's gonna impress dropping down 2 leagues. The important thing is that he's getting game time, learning and building up his confidence. I'm sure he'll be a first team regular here next season!
        Agreed.

Still like to know if its for the duration.

Comment

Great news about Chair. Hope he gets a lot of game time, so he'll come back a better player for next season where we'll need him more than we do now.
          QPR since 1993
          WATRB since 2015
          First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

Before we get excited about loaning out our players let's see if they come back and let's see if it does them any good. I give you Doughty, Goss and Shodipo. Read this board and the jury is still clearly out on Eze, and he now doesn't have Chair as competition. Opinion seems to be divided on Furlong too, so they are not all Ferdinands.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
              Everything has to be put in a financial context.

But the Chair thing did baffle me. He's 21 ffs. The others I understand but this was bizarre. Can we recall him at any point or is that it for the duration?
              Yes but Chair has played for us some 60 minutes all season? Would probably have played maximum of 120 more. Better for his development and confidence to get 20 full games IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                Before we get excited about loaning out our players let's see if they come back and let's see if it does them any good. I give you Doughty, Goss and Shodipo. Read this board and the jury is still clearly out on Eze, and he now doesn't have Chair as competition. Opinion seems to be divided on Furlong too, so they are not all Ferdinands.
                Dunno how the jury is still out on Furlong mate, one of our best players. Eze also clearly benefitted from his loan spell, he just needs a rocket in my opinion. Shodipo may make it too, he's just been very unlucky with injuries.

Personally I think Chair has a good career ahead of him at Championship level, or maybe even higher of he applies himself.

Comment

Chair also mentions Freeman's nickname. Freezy.

Comment

Lively debut for Chair ? Clearly not a La-z-y boy then...

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Dunno how the jury is still out on Furlong mate, one of our best players. Eze also clearly benefitted from his loan spell, he just needs a rocket in my opinion. Shodipo may make it too, he's just been very unlucky with injuries.

Personally I think Chair has a good career ahead of him at Championship level, or maybe even higher of he applies himself.
                      I rate him, plenty on here don't Tarbs. Shodipo was unlucky to have Holloway as his manager. He destroyed the kid's confidence by saying he couldn't defend then dropping him, only to find that Wszolek isn't a wing back either.

Comment

Loaning these boys out is absolutely the best thing to do for them and for our football club. We will need them next season so great time to send them out and toughen them up with league football. It’s a no brainier

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                          Loaning these boys out is absolutely the best thing to do for them and for our football club. We will need them next season so great time to send them out and toughen them up with league football. It’s a no brainier
                          No doubt you was one giving it large bout the youngsters should of been played from the start of last season cos they was ready then lol, its only a no brainer when its players that clearly need the experience and arent near first team performance and ability wise, something that chair and smyth certainly dont lack in either department, and should be getting chances off our own bench for when the chances come. Even otehs not done a awful lot wrong in his very limited chances tbh, would rather of us took the route we was supposed to be taking of playing our youngsters with the experienced first teamers.
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

I rate him, plenty on here don't Tarbs. Shodipo was unlucky to have Holloway as his manager. He destroyed the kid's confidence by saying he couldn't defend then dropping him, only to find that Wszolek isn't a wing back either.
                            What a load of rubbish bout unlucky shods had ollie as manager, the very manager that started blooding our youngsters with success, if it had been mac shods probably wouldnt of played at all and sent out on loan.
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

What a load of rubbish bout unlucky shods had ollie as manager, the very manager that started blooding our youngsters with success, if it had been mac shods probably wouldnt of played at all and sent out on loan.
                              Another thread you’ve turned into Ollie va McLaren

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post

Another thread you’ve turned into Ollie va McLaren
                                Boring ain't it?

Hardly surprising numbers on here are dwindling!

Comment

Working...
                                X