it hurts to say it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it hurts to say it

Norwich at Leeds a great half of football by Norwich tactics spot on...
    ..and a kid called Emilliano Buendia star in the making.

Didnt realise Norwich have completely changed thete team round great recriutment.....take note rangers

Bill. With all due respect we have just finished a transfer embargo si recruitment this season all things considered has been successful. Hemed, Wells, Rangel, Cameron and Leistner have all done well at some stage this season.

Comment

i get that but our recruitment has been shite for ages
      just saying we need to look further afield like Norwich real players with reall appetite and didnt cost a fortune

Comment

its so easy for the club to blame ffp get out there and find these players not take loans who wont be here next season

Comment

Those loans were ready made players who made a huge difference and enabled us to put ourselves into a half decent position. Agree that going forward we need to start to find a gem or two.

Comment

Fair point bill as these players won't feature next season. We aren't going anywhere this season so might as well of just played youngsters for the 2nd half of the season
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              its so easy for the club to blame ffp get out there and find these players not take loans who wont be here next season
              There is another big point here though. The club is running a business and takes money from paying customers who expect to see a quality product. If loans help to win matches, and winning puts bums on seats, then the club is doing its best for the business and is honouring its contract with the punters.

Comment

Agreed but i doubt the punters were happy against Preston Norwich Wigan etc.It is indicative that without Rangel,Wells,Cameron and Hemed we struggle but surely by taking loans we are just treading water at best with no long term philosophy,ambition,strategy or plan.

If we are going to folloiw the route of bringing youngsters through we need to trust them and play them not just loan them out as this surely discouraged them and knocks there confidence.In short play them and give them a chance and stand by them.

Also by taking loans we are really not serving the loyal punters as this action is just not the answer and really is a road to no where.

The other point is loan players dont have to show commitment as they just return to their parent club.Another point is players whose contracts are running down and dont appear to be approached with regard to renewal probably arent thhat bothered either so this might explain our poor form recently.

Comment

There would be no point having a long term strategy if the club doesn't secure its current place in the short term so if loans help to avoid relegation then they work.....and fans will/should be happy that they do. If they help get a promotion even better and they could well be playing for a permanent move in those circumstances. We should give loans credit that they will be professional and care how they earn their money. You make a good point about players who haven't been offered a contract. I am entirely unconvinced about loaning out youngsters. I can see the argument about getting games but it's no guarantee they will come good elsewhere and it reduces competition for places.

Comment

norwich youth recruit from all over,my boy when he played before he went southend, had a team mate whom was picked up by Norwich from south essex
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      Agreed but i doubt the punters were happy against Preston Norwich Wigan etc.It is indicative that without Rangel,Wells,Cameron and Hemed we struggle but surely by taking loans we are just treading water at best with no long term philosophy,ambition,strategy or plan.

If we are going to folloiw the route of bringing youngsters through we need to trust them and play them not just loan them out as this surely discouraged them and knocks there confidence.In short play them and give them a chance and stand by them.

Also by taking loans we are really not serving the loyal punters as this action is just not the answer and really is a road to no where.

The other point is loan players dont have to show commitment as they just return to their parent club.Another point is players whose contracts are running down and dont appear to be approached with regard to renewal probably arent thhat bothered either so this might explain our poor form recently.
                      I fully agree bill and been my idea of us moving forward, and the prob is aswell was those first 4 games which then tipped macs ideas of risking the youngsters cos of keeping his job, but we should always be looking at giving our youngsters game time even as subs until first teamers lose form like now, fully agree macs not shown any confidence in them & therenot going to be instant success as they build there confidence up. You hear all this macs great with the youngsters, well ive not seen this here.
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                        There would be no point having a long term strategy if the club doesn't secure its current place in the short term so if loans help to avoid relegation then they work.....and fans will/should be happy that they do. If they help get a promotion even better and they could well be playing for a permanent move in those circumstances. We should give loans credit that they will be professional and care how they earn their money. You make a good point about players who haven't been offered a contract. I am entirely unconvinced about loaning out youngsters. I can see the argument about getting games but it's no guarantee they will come good elsewhere and it reduces competition for places.
                        Secure its its current place though alan? So is that out of interest like a admittance now to how well ollie really did considering he did it without any loans and the youngsters? if mac was as good as people say with the youngsters why has he not done much better with the team now.
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Missing Cameron, Rangel and Luongo for the last few weeks has disrupted our season.

Main thing is we are not in a relegation dog fight and will comfortably be playing championship football next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Secure its its current place though alan? So is that out of interest like a admittance now to how well ollie really did considering he did it without any loans and the youngsters? if mac was as good as people say with the youngsters why has he not done much better with the team now.
                            Different season, different players in many teams so a new competition and SMC is doing a much better job. Recent form has dipped but we are a much better watch this season. You really need to get away from this idea that Ian History was the great Messiah. We've had a lousy month yet we are still probably only a couple of wins and a few draws away from safety and it's only February. That contrasts more than adequately with last season and, highly unlikely as it is now, we could in theory still go on a run and get to the play-offs. No one would have said that last year. We all had both eyes on the teams below us, not above, so there's a massive improvement. As for the youngsters I'm one who would like to see them given a chance (not in one minute, out the next like last season) but I am starting to think that maybe it's thought that they aren't good enough after all. SMC, Ramsey etc. see them every day and know much more about the game than we do. I definitely would have given Chair a go though.

Comment

Definitely not much better than last season. Have to just look at results and the league table to see that. I'm not buying into beating a Leeds side chasing for the title in a 3rd round fa cup match as huge steps forward so certainly be proven right pinkie. Shame as I was hoping we would move forward, considering the young talent we currently have.
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                              X